Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - (my first post)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

(my first post)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskey-mac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: (my first post) Reply with quote

Hello
I have only had 2 SatNavs my first was a garmin which I liked but changed it for a tomtom,as the garmin I thought was unpredictable with getting from A-B,at that particular time
I have just upgraded to the tomtom start 60 but had nothing but trouble trying to use the my tomtom / home to connect it to the computer,+6"screen I think is to big,so the wife is taking it back today for a refund.

So just been looking on a well known car / bike web site Halfords seen this garmin 2548 LMT that's took my fancy,but would just like to know if you can put the POI'S from pocket world gps onto this particular garmin 2548 As I think that tomtom have made it hard to do this if not impossible.
Just to add that the computer I use is a IMAC using 10.9 I think Any issues with the OSX as opposed to windows??
Thank you any help would be very much appreciated
Tony

Last edited by whiskey-mac on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, POI's are fine via POILoader

Make sure you do a Garmin and Windows backup first to protect the original data. There are a few tutorials here about the Windows backup after showing Windows hidden and System files to ensure you grab the lot.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
whiskey-mac
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: First post Reply with quote

Thanks for your fast reply,should of said in my post that I use mac OSX,anything to worry about about using a IMAC
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice, I have a 2508 and think the 25x7/8 range gives the 'best bang for the buck'. As Kremmen says, loading the PGPSW is no problem but do follow his advice ... back up all your files including the .system hidden folder (which amongst others contains your maps) so that you have an original back up should it ever be required.

Having done that download Garmin Express and it will then install the most up to date software and maps. The current map version is 2014.40 and the next one is due our shortly (2015.10) so it may be worth just updating the software and waiting before doing the map update.

Edit: Just seen you're on a mac, shouldn't be an issue but I have no idea how you show the hidden folders ... I expect someone will know.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: