Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Kenwood DNX7230DAB
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Kenwood DNX7230DAB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joveljic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Kenwood DNX7230DAB Reply with quote

I recently purchased Kenwood DNX7230DAB and was amazed that Kenwood have no official provider for the speed camera!

I came across this forum after weeks of pulling my hair out trying to install speed cameras from 'SpeedCam Updates'. The lack of support and repetitive instructions to which they already had response, has made me give up on them.

Does Pocket GPS support my device? If so, is it straight forward installation or does it require constant connection to smart device at all times to operate?
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the PGPSW database installed on my Kenwood DNX4210DAB. It works with just the standard warning bongs.

Installing voices can cause a glitch. The speakers are set to mute the music when the satnav gives directions, sometimes they don't "unmute" when the instruction is over.

You need to use the Garmin PoI Loader program from the Garmin site http://www.garmin.com/us/maps/poiloader

Then follow the instructions. I found that i couldonly get the installation to complete if the USB stick I used was completely empty before I started. Let Garmin PoI Loader create the folders and files before you install. The folder names are case sensitive and it has changed from "garmin" to "Garmin" between versions before now. There's a guide on this site for downloading.

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-kenwood.php

Your unit may download from an Sd card rather than a USB stick.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
martinhdavis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:53 pm    Post subject: Kenwood Sat nav units Reply with quote

I recently had a Kenwood DNX4210DAB installed and downloaded the speed camera database.
A couple of queries I would like answering.
1 On approach camera units are initially displayed showing 30mph or 70mph. As the car gets closer to the camera the initial info. disappears and a red warning giving various bizarre speed warnings of 19mph, 37mph or 43mph are then displayed until the camera is passed.
2 How do you stop the constant audible warnings. Unit set to single beep but the continuous beeping is getting annoying. One beep on approach should be sufficient.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same unit. Once you have the PGPSW cameras installed, it seems to trigger the speed warnings at changes of speed limit. These are in the Kenwood software somewhere. I have looked for advice on stopping the pesky warnings, but I haven't found a way…. The only way to silence the speed limit changes is to remove the speed cameras, it seems. The beeps are constant because you get beeps to warn you of a speed limit change. they keep beeping if you are over that limit. And they also beep if you exceed the speed limit once you have attained it. B****y annoying.

The wrong speed limits showing are because you installed them wrongly. I've done it too!! In the Garmin PoI Loader when you choose the database to install, there is a drop down menu on the same page at the bottom. It allows you to choose imperial or metric units. You chose the metric ones. You need to go back and redo the install choosing the "Feet & miles". The one you chose is interpreting the speeds as km/hr and not mph. The Kenwood beeps at the kph speed and shows the answer in mph. 37 mph is 60 mph.

What version of the software/firmware are you running? I'm on 1.12.0 it's a slight improvement on the previous 1.11.0 and hugely better than the disastrous 1.10.0 which I installed and then found Kenwood had withdrawn it the following day!!
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might like to read this thread I started. As you can see, I'm still struggling with the thing!!

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=602219#602219
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
jameswhite1979
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im currently still trying to download the speed camers for the Kenwood DNX521dab but really losing the will to live. Iv updated the firmware as has been recommended. Iv loaded the files from this site which is about 30 or so has all the gatso and fixed cameras on it. Do these need to be in 1 file or do you leave them all seperate. Iv got them all on a new clean usb stick but dont know how to get them on the car. PLEASE HELP!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: