Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Confused - VIA and MyDrive
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Confused - VIA and MyDrive
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Confused - VIA and MyDrive Reply with quote

I have a Go 520 and a Via 135. The "Go" is no problem, I service it through "TT Home". The "Via" is a different matter. It appears that I have to service it through "My Drive (Connect?)" but I'm getting confused with "My TomTom" and "Get Started".
I may have an associated problem in that when I plug in the "Via" to the USB the computer does not seem to recognise it as a "Device with Removable Storage" but "My Drive" opens up and starts to download a 13 minute + update. This runs to 99% and hangs with the TT showing "Updating do not disconnect". It has now done this 3 times but my data download record doesn't show that it has downloaded anything. If I plug in my "Via" it starts to download the 13 minute 45sec update but "My Drive" tells me that my device is not supported by "My Drive" and I should download "Home". My brain hurts! Confused
Iphone 6
TT Via 135M
GO520 WiFi
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Go 520 requires Home but the Via needs MyDrive. Further, your Via does not show as a removable drive in My Computer since the user has no access to the file system on the device. It should appear as a network connection, though.

Finally, make sure you use a different email address for the Via than you use with the Go 520 and Home.
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Confused Reply with quote

Thanks David I'll look at that.
Iphone 6
TT Via 135M
GO520 WiFi
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: confused Reply with quote

I am now totally at a loss. I uninstalled "My Drive" and reinstalled it. I tried logging in using a combination of 3 email addresses and 2 passwords. Nothing worked; it just kept telling me that the email address was already in use and to use another email address. I haven't got another. It then further confused me by telling me to link it to another device but when I tried that it told me I couldn't. When I hover over the TT icon on the bottom tray it says "My Drive Connect. Busy....... Do not disconnect your device". When I click on it a small dialog box opens showing "Via 135 busy. Do not disconnect your device. 99% done." When I click on My Drive in that dialog box, the My Drive log-in page (with the picture of the open road) opens up and the whole rigmarole starts again. I just want to cancel the whole thing and start again but I have run out of email addresses.
My Via has been connected now for about 45 minutes and still shows "Updating" and the My Drive dialog box shows "Via 135 busy. Do not disconnect your device. 99% done." Question
Iphone 6
TT Via 135M
GO520 WiFi
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, MyDrive acts up that way sometime. I suspect if you just leave it connected overnight, it'll show completed in the morning.

Also, see here:
http://discussions.tomtom.com/t5/GO-800-1000-2000-Via-Start-20/FAQ-MyDrive-troubleshooting-tips-PC-Windows/td-p/442918
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Confused Reply with quote

Hi David, I have to admit I was sceptical about leaving it on all night especially as I have a monthly download limit of 5 GB + £2 per GB over that but you were absolutely correct. By morning it said "Your device is up to date you can disconnect" and my data download level was not excessive. The only problem now is that when I open "MyDrive" it says "There are 2 new items available, please connect your Via 135". I wonder how long this is going to go on. TT need to simplify this.
Iphone 6
TT Via 135M
GO520 WiFi
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or tell people wtf they are doing/updating
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Confused Reply with quote

Can't disagree with that.
Iphone 6
TT Via 135M
GO520 WiFi
johnm52
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Confused Reply with quote

bazzza wrote:
...... The only problem now is that when I open "MyDrive" it says "There are 2 new items available, please connect your Via 135". I wonder how long this is going to go on. TT need to simplify this.

I am sure this is only updating Speed Cameras and map updates from other users, not a new map.
I would suggest you can leave this for a period of about a month and reconnect then considering your limited download included.
You can at any time close (Exit) the warning in the taskbar about the new items.
I have similar warnings since I update my daughters unit through MyDrive in addition to my own through Home.
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject: Confused Reply with quote

I think you are probably right John. I shall leave it some time before I plug in again. Thanks for your help.
Iphone 6
TT Via 135M
GO520 WiFi
johnm52
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest that you can connect whenever you choose now to download the map update if you wish.
John
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:52 am    Post subject: Confused Reply with quote

Thanks for the nod John
Iphone 6
TT Via 135M
GO520 WiFi
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had many of the problems above using MyDrive Rolling Eyes

Have now found that if I turn ON and plug my Start 25 into my pc I can just use the web address

http://169.254.255.1/pcmi/?locale=en_gb

to load items onto it or remove them from the device(updating PGPSW Safety Cams etc), however this will not update the device with updates from TT.

Hope this may be of some help to others.
bazzza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Speedcam updates via MYDRIVE Reply with quote

I initially installed the PGPSW speed cameras some time ago and I have just tried to update them. No problem until I clicked on "Install". I then got the message "The zipped file contains files that cannot be used with your device. You must remove the incompatible files and try again" There is no indication of which files it is referring to so how can I remove them? Can anyone help me?
Iphone 6
TT Via 135M
GO520 WiFi
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 versions for the TT devices.

Make sure that you download the TomTom (MyTomTom Zip) version.

The files the message refers to are the 3 Text Files and an HTML File, that are in every other download.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: