Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speeding Motorist Charged £3,700 for Dodging Ticket
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speeding Motorist Charged £3,700 for Dodging Ticket

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Speeding Motorist Charged £3,700 for Dodging Ticket Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
54-year old motorist Helen Taylor has been ordered to pay £3,700 after trying to avoid a legitimate speeding fine by claiming she was on holiday at the time of the incident.

Taylor, who triggered a speed camera on the A127, Essex last April, appeared at Southend Crown Court where she pleaded guilty to trying to pervert the course of justice by falsely claiming she was abroad at the time of the offence.

Taylor even went as far as to forge documents to try and prove her claim, with PC Rob Bettell explaining that this is just one example of "the lengths to which some people will go to avoid a speeding fine and driving licence endorsement".

He went on to state that the case should act as a "clear warning" to motorists who might be tempted to try and escape speeding fines.

"We are not prepared to tolerate such behaviour and will always be rigorous in investigating matters", he explained.

For her crimes, Helen Taylor has been sentenced to a six-month custodial sentence, suspended for two years, for perverting the course of justice. In response to the original speeding offence, she has received 6 points on her licence and been issued with a £700 fine.

This is in addition to a £3,000 charge for court costs, putting her total bill at £3,700.

Source
gem
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sympathy.

But ohh my goodness how much effort and time would have gone into this case.

Meanwhile 4 accidents about 2 weeks ago caused by too close driving (to stop vehicles changing lanes solely to get one space ahead). Mon to Thur each morning was an accident on the M8 near Glasgow airport.

But driving less than 1 car length seems okay?? Rolling Eyes
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got what she deserved.

She went from committing a straight forward speeding offence, to a pre meditated fraud and attempting to pervert the course of justice.
The only person guilty of wasting police and court time, extra expense and misuse of resources was that woman.

Thinking about it, if it was down to me I would have doubled the penalty.
She knew very well what she was doing and quite likely had the support of others to see it through.

End of.
shires999
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't understand why she didn't just accept the 3 points and fine in the first place. She may have been offered a speed awareness course.
She obviousley wouldn't have been banned after totting up otherwise the 6 points she has now got would have also resulted in a ban.
Unless her job would have been at risk if she did get a SP30 but according to the local paper in Coventry (where she's from) she's an engineer.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

253 wrote:
Got what she deserved.

Thinking about it, if it was down to me I would have doubled the penalty.
She knew very well what she was doing and quite likely had the support of others to see it through.

End of.

+1
shires999 wrote:
Unless her job would have been at risk if she did get a SP30 but according to the local paper in Coventry (where she's from) she's an engineer.
What sort of engineer? Civil, Mechanical, Railway, Highways, Software, Genetics?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
serviotis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Tough luck Reply with quote

Scum should always be punished...

Sorry for my harsh words...but it sounds to me she has had some past experience dodging things...Finally justice for the unjust scum bags who infest the UK!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a bit contraversial for your first post, isn't it Shocked

Last edited by M8TJT on Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
That's a bit contravertial for your first post, isn't it Shocked

+1. I seriously considered depriving the thread of it, but hey, impartiality rools, OK?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: