Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2210, TT3 and speed camera database
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2210, TT3 and speed camera database

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
landslide
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: 2210, TT3 and speed camera database Reply with quote

Hi, got the above set up but can't load database into 2210, I've loaded it onto pc, unzipped then followed the instructions on web page but how do I get it to load onto SD card.
Sorry if this seems like a very simple procedure but I'm a total newbie and not that bright 8O . thanks
DaveH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good choice of setup that, exactly the same as mine! To get it onto the SD card you've two choices as far as I'm aware, "explore" in Microsoft ActiveSync or good old file manager. I tend to use file manager. If you installed the HP stuff and ActiveSync properly, then you should get "mobile device" showing as a drive (when sync'ed of course). From memory I think it displays the IPAQ storage first so you need to go back a directory. You should then have a directory called "SDCard". Copy into here and follow the rest of the instructions from this website.

I think the directory names above are OK - I can't be definate unfortunately as my cradle is at work. I think the bit you're missing is that the directory shown as a default is not the root, seek out that root and "SDcard" should be there!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you connect your PocketPC via ActiveSync and select 'Explore' or alternatively open 'My Computer' and double-click the Mobile Device Entry you will be presented with the file structure for your PDA.

By Default it opnes in the 'My Documents' Folder, to get to the root of the PocketPC system click the 'My Pocket PC' icon. From the root you should see your storage card, normally 'SD Card' or 'Storage Card'. Double clicking this will take you to it and from there you cans elect your map folder. It is inside this that the Safety Camara .ov2 and .bmp files need to go.

The above is valid for any 3rd party POI files you wish to install Thumbs Up
landslide
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks DaveH for the reply, I've been going down the activesync route, then explore, my pocket pc, storage card, GREAT-BRITAINNAVIGATORMAPS, but how do I then copy pocketgps-uk-sc.ov2 and -uk-sc.bmp to the storage card. I've looked for file manager but can't seem to find it, as I said I'm a newbie, had a few Garmins but this is my first try with ppc. cheers.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can copy files to the PPC using your PC File Manager in exactly the same way as you would to any other folder.

Just right click the .ov2 and .bmp files and select copy. Then browse to the Map folder on your PPC and right click and select paste.
landslide
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS DaveH and Darren, I think I've finally got it, Followed your instructions and it seems now to be on the 2210.
Sorry I did'nt reply earlier have been gardening between the showers.
Once again a big thank you for your help and advice Thumbs Up .
DaveH
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problems, if you're anything like me getting used to an IPAQ is like when you first got a pc. You spend a lot of time doing stuff, generally making a bit of a mess and by the time you've got it sussed, the best thing to do is wipe it and start again. I'm not sure why it doesn't default to the root, seems a bit silly to me. Least you're sorted now. :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: