Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navngo igo
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navngo igo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
edmy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: navngo igo Reply with quote

I have downloaded UK single file with all cameras and voice pack with male voice with chime prefix. How do i get the voices to work on my igo software. ANYBODY PLEASE
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need an iGO skin that supports camera voices. The standard skin only supports the turkey gobble sound as a warning. The PGPSW voices will only work with a suitably modified skin. Look for Dimka skins.
edmy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Igo voice Reply with quote

Thanks for that M8TJT. I have d/loaded the skin. Could you please help me with some instructions on how to install as i am a complete novice to this. Had a portable Tomtom before and that was straightforward.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly you must make sure that the skin is for the version of iGO that you have and it supports the resolution of your device.
I will assume that you have got iGO8 with its standard skin, but later versions are similar.
The voices from here will not work directly, as the skin expects a different set of voice commands for the Speedcams.
Connect your device to your computer and look at its contents using W explorer (not Internet Explorer. You should have a folder called iGO8 on it. Within that folder there should be a folder called Content and within that a folder called Skin (Capitalisation makes no difference) If the folder does not exist, then create it. The path should be x:\iGO8\Content\Skin\ (where 'x' is the drive letter allocated to your device. Open up the Skin folder and drop your skin into it. DO NOT Unzip the skin.
The speedcam voices go in the iGO8\VOICE\en\Voice_female and the iGO8\VOICE\en\Voice_female folder. I can email you a set of speedcam voices if you PM me your email address.
Restart iGO. goto Menu ~ Settings ~ {Right arrow at bottom} ~ Menu ~ Skin. Your Default and new skin should be listed. If it's not, then the resolution of your device is not supported by the skin. Click on the new skin and restart iGO.
Goto Settings ~ Warnings ~ Spee Camera Warnings. Tick Visual Warning, and Audible Warning.
Un-tick By Approach and By overspeed. Depending on your exact skin, you may have a test facility.
Let me know how you get on.
To be continued (probably)
edmy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: navngo igo Reply with quote

My Igo version is 8.3.2.116645 and my Sat Nav unit runs via an SD card. I created a skin file in content as suggested and copied file over without unzipping. Having done that and re-inserted card back in i went to menus / settings / menu but i don't get a skin menu just a grey menu button which when opened only gives me a choice to amend the background.

I downloaded the Dimka Original Skin Version 1.1.43b which appears to me to be suitable for most resolutions.240x320, 240x400, 320x240, 400x234, 400x240, 416x234, 480x234, 480x272, 480x800 and 800x480

Sys.txt if this helps

[3d_config]
disable_roadsign_navigation_mode=1

[gps]
port=1
baud=9600

[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=0

[map]
2dheadup=1

[power]
skip_suspend_process=1
skip_resume_process=1
skip_suspend_process_all=1
skip_resume_process_all=1
backlight_manage_values=0
backlight_manage_keys=0

[warning]
speedcam_enabled=1
speedcam_warning=1

[rawdisplay]
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
highres=0

[debug]
mute_os_key=1

[sound]
queue_length=200
use_method=0
os_volume="175"
used_byte_in_method = 0

[tts]
tts_logics=3

[timezones]
use_timezone_setting_fix=1
use_new_timezone_ini =1

800x480:
[interface]
vga=0
resolution_dir="800_480"

[rawdisplay]
highres=0

Don't know where i am going wrong but certainly appreciate you help and time.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like it should be OK. Now depending where you d/l it from, it's possible it's a .rar file.
I've just d/l diMkaWertVRV_1147.rar and it has a load of stuff in it and the skin is within that .rar file and is called diMkaWertVRV_1147.zip. It's this zip file that you need to copy to the new skin folder.

Before you go any further, you HAVE made a FULL COPY of your SD card onto your computer, havn't you? If not, DO IT NOW.

Getting all the things to work ain't really very easy, but once it's done, it's great.
edmy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: navngo igo Reply with quote

Hi M8TJT, you were right on your first reply when you said to be continued. The file i d/l was a.rar file and when i unzip that i cannot find a zip file called diMkaWertVRV_1147.zip as you describe. the folders it shows if i un rar the folders are as follows: Audio, ui_igo and info. have i d/l the incorrect files? What ever i try i cannot get the skin to show on my car sat nav. Menu, Settings, Menu just brings grey box up and when i click on this as previously stated i just get the option to change the background only. Any further help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Do i need to amend anything in sys.txt for instance?
taid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to get to skins for my Noza igo satnav ..

Registered at two sites .. Igo8navigation & GPS Power ..

both say they have sent registration emails but none have arrived .. I use live mail & can check on email's as they come in.

checked back to my email provider site .. nothing there & no signs of them ever being there .. not in my spam/deleted folders ..

I don't get it .. (or them)

Ideas please.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you gave a different email address that you can try?
taid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tried 5 email addresses on 3 providers .. GMX, talktalk & uku

edit .. & now 4 .. gmail Twisted Evil
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried registering at GPSPower and got no email either.
taid
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not just me then, thanks ..

Will look elsewhere .. or maybe not bother .. I found there is a setting that turns off the camera warning when within the limit (the way I prefer to drive) so voice warnings are not so important in making the warning 'attention grabbing' ..

Thanks for your help

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: