Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom RDS/TMC mtcx.dat
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom RDS/TMC mtcx.dat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hwalker1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: TomTom RDS/TMC mtcx.dat Reply with quote

I have just bought an official TomTom RDS/TMC receiver for my 710.
It does not work, as it cannot connect to the radio stations. It tries but does not succedd and goes into an everlasting loop.
Seems that TomTom disabled this piece of kit in a fairly recent update to the system, and the fix is to replace your existing mtcx.dat file with an older version. I have a version from 2011, which is when I purchased my NEW 710, and this is not the correct one.
If someone has a 710 with a working RDS/TMC receiver, could I ask that you email me a copy and I will upload it to my website where it can then be downloaded by anyone. I will post the URL on this forum for members to be able to download it.
alanlakes
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try opening mctx.dat file with notepad. they sometimes contain a load of rubbish text. Delete whats in there and replace with 11110. This works for me.

Advise you to do a forum search for this issue as it raised its head before.

Alan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: