Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Magellan NAV 1000 M - Help required
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Magellan NAV 1000 M - Help required

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rubycat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Magellan NAV 1000 M - Help required Reply with quote

Hi all,
New to the forum as a result of obtaining an almost new in the box Magellan NAV 1000 M. I appreciate that this is a very old model but it is in very good condition.

I am unable to receive information from GPS sats and I have to down load and Almanac by using the Aux 7 enter option. The unit looks for sats in order but does not download any info. Is this unit now not able to receive GPS data because of its age.

Regards
rubycat
Dugan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Re: Magellan NAV 1000 M - Help required Reply with quote

rubycat wrote:
Hi all,
New to the forum as a result of obtaining an almost new in the box Magellan NAV 1000 M. I appreciate that this is a very old model but it is in very good condition.

I am unable to receive information from GPS sats and I have to down load and Almanac by using the Aux 7 enter option. The unit looks for sats in order but does not download any info. Is this unit now not able to receive GPS data because of its age.

Regards
rubycat

The oldest one I have that works is the Magellan 2000 from 1995. I think the issue with the Magellan NAV 1000 is that the clock cannot be set to the current date and time. Maybe it is a Y2K thing. If the GPS is unable to determine the time, the almanac cannot function. At least that is my guess. Can I ask where you found it? I have been looking for one for a while.

Dugan
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a post in another place that someone had one for sale in 2011 and claims that it was fully functional. There is another that was for sale in 2007 and the seller states that it is Y2K compliant. If this is true then is is not a Y2K problem.
Dugan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
There is a post in another place that someone had one for sale in 2011 and claims that it was fully functional. There is another that was for sale in 2007 and the seller states that it is Y2K compliant. If this is true then is is not a Y2K problem.

I agree it seems like it should work. I tried looking for one being demonstrated on YouTube with no luck. I guess I'll have to get my hands one one to find out for sure.

Dugan
rubycat
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Mgellan Nav 1000m Reply with quote

Hi All,

Thanks for replies so far. I have adjusted the GPS date and time to current time etc but it hunts for Almanac without downloading. Seems to accept date and time and update posn info but no joy as yet. Will keep looking into it.

Regards
Ian

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Magellan All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: