Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom 4th quarter profit drop
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom 4th quarter profit drop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DJHold
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: TomTom 4th quarter profit drop Reply with quote

TomTom 4th quarter profit drop see:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17190763

If TomTom to respond quickly and positively to the issues raised in this and similar forums then the forum members would be converted into the best advertising force TomTom could wish for.

DaveJH
swash
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only got themselves to blame.

In my younger, skinter days, I used to look at the Tom Toms in Halfords and wish I could afford one.

Ever sinced I've owned one, I've wished I hadn't bothered.

Tom Tom products have the potential to be excellent, but the bugs and messed up navcore updates etc just cause their customers far too much frustration
xtraseller
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with a year with no genuine new PND release over the past year (still their main income source by far, up-selling all their other sources combined - despite the falls) (ie. apart from model numbers / feature sets) what do they expect?

They may have the best all-round sat nav with the 10xx series - but with new models rolling out of Garmin and Navigon, whilst Navman take the sub £100 ground, this is as good as they could have hoped

But we all want something new

Slimmer body, bigger screens, sharper graphics shift units

Also bring it the 3D buildings, better multiple choice of routes, panoramic views, etc. - and stereo bluetooth to your car head unit (whilst still taking incoming bluetooth from your phone) and they will be on to a winner

Bring all this in a unit without any niggles that some have experienced (not me - I'm happy with my TT) , communicate more and people will return

Then re-package your live services in to Traffic HD, Weather, Fuel, Speed Camera, and more in to separate services - all on subscription after 3 months (no 12 months free) and payable monthly and I think their would be bigger take up

Would you pay your Sky subscription 12 months in advance at £700+

Probably not, but in a convenient monthly DD many do

Just an idea...

[/i]
Nexus 6p, Apple iPhone 6sPlus and Microsoft Lumia 950xl running TomTom, Garmin, CoPilot, Navigon, Sygic, Here Drive, Google, Waze, MS Maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: