Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Talex Technology Ltd Dissolved
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Talex Technology Ltd Dissolved
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Talex Technology Ltd Dissolved Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.com
Talex Technology Ltd, the company behind a range of GPS Speed Camera Detector products, has been dissolved.

Regular readers will know that the tale of Talex has been a long and convoluted one. The original company split with Talex reforming under the ownership of Adam Blair and another company, Novus came into existence, created by former Talex people.

There have been numerous tales of poor customer service, refunds not being forthcoming and other complaints, a quick Google search for Adam Blair and Talex will reveal just how many unhappy customers they had. Indeed there is an entire website dedicated to Adam Blair and Talex here.

I'm sure this is a story that hasn't yet finished.....

Last edited by Darren on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed.

Shame he didn't allow PGPSW to take over the database updates, this would have been a coup and may have helped save his company.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam has been in contact and for fairness I('ve agreed to post his response below:

Quote:
Hi Darren, Adam from Talex here.

With the greatest of respect, I feel I must correct a couple of points you have made above.

Firstly, as you rightly say, the holding company you mentioned has indeed been disolved and the Talex brand has been consolodated in to a new holding company called Speedcam Systems Ltd. As you will probably know there is nothing at all unusual for a group of businesses to consolidate their operations in to one company from time to time.

I can assure you and your readers that Talex is stronger than ever and, to my knowledge, we are the only speed camera detection company who are expanding and taking on new staff due to the ongoing popularity of our device which has DAILY Database updates unlike most competing devices.

We are also working on developments which I would love to tell you about, but are not public knowledge just yet.

On the second point of Customer Service, I do feel this is a low blow to be honest, particularly as technically, you are a competitor of ours!

It is true that *historically* we had some customer service issues which, although not deliberate, rightly resulted in some bad PR at the time.

However our Customer satisfaction levels for the last couple of years are probably the best in the industry, perhaps with your good selves excepted.

We aim for 100% satisfaction and in reality we probably hit 99.8% - 99.9% You can see many of our un-solicited testimonials at http://adamblair.com/

Of course all businesses occasionally have the odd dis-satisfied customer, but we aim to avoid it at all costs.

Thankyou for allowing this response without any editing and apologies for any typos as it's been written without a spellcheck!

All the best,

Adam

burtonian
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to say that without the problems I experienced with Talex after their original fall-out, I would not have bought a satnav so soon, nor found PGPSW and the best camera database available (IMHO) Very Happy
outmyway
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam,

Thank you for coming on a public forum to 'show your face'.

I have been a VERY loyal Talex user since it was first launched and a database subscriber for all those years, and still am a subscriber.

I love the Talex concept and its simplicity - But I have been questioning for some time why you are not updating your Spec camera's in the database?

I constantly get false warnings of long since removed Spec average speed roadwork cameras on major trunk routes.
ie. M25 western section (M40-M1), A1 south of Hatfield Tunnel, A404 towards M4 interchange etc etc etc etc

Its obvious that you are not updating these and have no intention of doing so?

Its extremely irritating that your device is constantly 'shouting at me' in these zones when I am doing the speed limit telling me to slow down.

Worse still new Spec average speed zones are now not appearing in the database, for which I pay you a subscription for.

Your superb database used to be a big selling point but sadly now its becoming your downfall.

I welcome your comments on this public forum.

Rob
mightyyid
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I have little knowledge of the company, I did read the numerous complaints online which is never a good thing, and love the fact they measure customer satisfaction in the 99.8 or 99.9% range. Rather ridiculous given they are saying that in every 1,000 customers, 999 are happy. I doubt ANY company in the world can claim that, but bless their naivety and assumption of our gullibility.

Also, I find it interesting that adamblair.com brings up a Sophos Anti-virus error that this is a high risk website and access has been blocked because of a virus. In the unlikely event that the 1 person in a 1,000 happens to a be virus programmer and hacker, maybe this could mean something else is amiss...
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outmyway wrote:
Adam,

Rob

I'm afraid you may wait some time - he didn't come onto this public forum to show his face - he contacted Darren privately - in Darren's place, I'd have told him to make that post on the forum himself!

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Mr Blair was to allow the PGPSW database to be released in Talex format then I would certainly consider buying an updated unit.

Until then I just don't see how a small company can possibly afford the resources to keep the database accurate.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original story graphic has been edited following a complaint that it used a copyrighted image of a Talex device.

I have replaced it with an image taken by me personally and to which PocketGPSWorld retains copyright.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
The original story graphic has been edited following a complaint that it used a copyrighted image of a Talex device.

I have replaced it with an image taken by me personally and to which PocketGPSWorld retains copyright.

And that's his best shot? Complain about copyright of an image? Sad Rolling Eyes

bothfeetfirst
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Like Dads army this 'Who do yoy think you are kidding Mr?' Reply with quote

Quote:
Hi Darren, Adam from Talex here.

With the greatest of respect, I feel I must correct a couple of points you have made above.

Firstly, as you rightly say, the holding company you mentioned has indeed been disolved and the Talex brand has been consolodated in to a new holding company called Speedcam Systems Ltd. As you will probably know there is nothing at all unusual for a group of businesses to consolidate their operations in to one company from time to time.

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Blair.

Companies do change trading names from time to time but you did not change the name did you?
Talex Technology Ltd was dissolved by Companies House for failing to submit financial accounts. In other words it was struck off. There is a presumption that when this takes place a company has ceased trading.

As the proud owner of the company why on earth would you allow this process to go ahead?

Was it legal action was being taken through the Industrial Tribunal Service for unfair dismissal and that case was due to be heard on the 11th November 2011 in Shrewsbury and that changing the name would in fact prevent your actions being placed before the court for full legal scrutiny!!

As for the other comments 98-99% satisfied customers what an absolute load of tosh I doubt anyone in any line of business would make such a wild claim.

Darren has stated that this story would appear to have a long way to run and to be honest he is 100% right. It has and will and very soon.

By the way my name is Steve Walsh and I have (or had) been involved in the Talex brand name since its inception in 2004. I was the Database and General Manager for both Talex Technology Ltd and Drive Protect and I do know the truth behind the Smoke and Mirrors used by these companies.
Tal-exUser
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: (Ex) Talex User Reply with quote

Hi

First of all I was very interested to learn that Talex had been dissolved, as a Talex user I was very impressed with the product up until recently,

I found the statement by Mr Blair quite amusing;

“The Talex brand has been consolodated in to a new holding company called
Speedcam Systems Ltd. As you will probably know there is
nothing at all unusual for a group of businesses to consolidate their
operations in to one company from time to time”

Funny this , I have quite a good understanding in Business and the concept of consolidating businesses is yes quite common , however out of curiousity I thought I would look on the internet and found an interesting notice on the London Gazette website.
http://www.formationsdirect.com/Companies-Act-2006-Sections-1000-1034-Strikingoff-dissolution-and-restoration-of-companies.aspx

As far as my knowledge goes, the only reason that Talex would exist here is due to the company being struck off for lack of activity i.e. no account declaration

Below is a little information about the notice ;

Section 1003 (3) relates to the following
If the registrar—
a. receives an answer to the effect that the company is not carrying on business or in operation, or
b. does not within one month after sending the second letter receive any answer
the registrar may publish in the Gazette, and send to the company by post, a notice that at the expiration of three months from the date of the notice the name of the company mentioned in it will, unless cause is shown to the contrary, be struck off the register and the company will be dissolved.
bothfeetfirst
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

outmyway wrote:
Adam,

Its obvious that you are not updating these and have no intention of doing so?

Its extremely irritating that your device is constantly 'shouting at me' in these zones when I am doing the speed limit telling me to slow down.

Worse still new Spec average speed zones are now not appearing in the database, for which I pay you a subscription for.

Your superb database used to be a big selling point but sadly now its becoming your downfall.

Rob

Rob,

I am pleased that you had previously found that the database was a good selling point. Adam had made a strong point that this was in fact due to my involvement with his company. I knew that system inside out and spent many long hours and many thousands of miles verifying the information. My replacement according to Mr Blair is a young man I took on to help reduce my workload answering emails and repairing Talex units. His name is XXXX XXXXXX. He was a bright young man but was not employed for his knowledge of either speed cameras or the Talex database. This might explain your observation as to the reduction in the accuracy and failure to update to the previous high standard. You must be the one customer who was not happy and stopped him from having a 100% customer satisfaction Laughing Out Loud (sorry could not resist that one)
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bothfeetfirst wrote:
You must be the one customer who was not happy and stopped him from having a 100% customer satisfaction Laughing Out Loud (sorry could not resist that one)
Steve, lack of Rob's contribution would have only improved Adam's customer satisfaction to 99-100%. Lol (sorry could not resist that one Twisted Evil ) I wonder if you are now changing allegiance to PGSPW and spot a few cams for us and earn a lifetime Very Happy
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
outmyway wrote:
Adam,

Rob

I'm afraid you may wait some time - he didn't come onto this public forum to show his face - he contacted Darren privately - in Darren's place, I'd have told him to make that post on the forum himself!

Well, Mr Blair, any advance on this?

I suggest Darren should be considering withdrawing that message from Mr Blair if he doesn't offer any further comment promptly and leave him to post his own defence.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: