Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mercedes Comand Online ntg4.5 - Personal POI data support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mercedes Comand Online ntg4.5 - Personal POI data support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wartklin. Great instructions. But just for completeness, is the capitalisation of the folder name, "PersonalPOI", at step 2 important for the filing system? If so, a quick edit of your post would be good. Very Happy Ot might also be worth while emboldening the last para, as it seems that some people may not realise that you have to leave the SD in in the device.

The reason I have brought this up is that it seems like a whole generation of computer users have recently either lost the "Shift" key on their keyboards, don't know how to capitalise correctly or, most probably, are just plain lazy and don't give a damn.
wartklin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="M8TJT"]Hi wartklin. Great instructions. But just for completeness, is the capitalisation of the folder name, "PersonalPOI", at step 2 important for the filing system? If so, a quick edit of your post would be good. Very Happy Ot might also be worth while emboldening the last para, as it seems that some people may not realise that you have to leave the SD in in the device.

The reason I have brought this up is that it seems like a whole generation of computer users have recently either lost the "Shift" key on their keyboards, don't know how to capitalise correctly or, most probably, are just plain lazy and don't give a damn.[/quote

Yes it is important that you create a folder nameley "PerosnalPOI"as this is the only folder you should have on the SD card and the gpx files are loaded into this folder.
ellick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Command 5 Reply with quote

wartklin wrote:
ellick wrote:
I have command 5. Every way I have tried to get speed cameras warnings onto this system has failed every time.

I have tried 4 different SD cards.

The result is always the same which is to request I insert the SD card (already inserted). Strangely if I lock the SD card the system tells me that it is importing data. It doesn't though, even though I have left it in for an hour or more.

When the system reports that it is importing data and I press ok and later go back to personal POIs it asks to insert the SD card (already inserted).

I have created a Personal POI file and on one occasion and GPX file within that. Same result.

I have also tried going to destination and it still doesn't download.

What am I missing?

Any help appreciated.

I hope this helps as I had the same problem this worked for me.
1) Make sure that the SD card is clean of any detail, best to format it ensuring FAT 32
2) On the SD card, create a folder called PersonalPOI
3) Log on to Pocket GPS World. 
4) Go to speed camera download. 
5). Select "Mercedes Comand". 
6) Select “UK-single file with all cameras”. 
7) Download the compressed file to the SD Card PersonalPOI folder. 
8) Unpack the files.
9) Remove all files except gpx files
10) Insert card into the SD slot on the car
11) Choose Navi function
12) Select Destination
13) Select from SD card, this will start trying to import, but it doesn't !!
14) Now select Options and select Personal POIs
15) Select show on map,
16) The cameras should now show on your map but sound will only be a bong.
17) You must leave the SD card in slot as the files do not load onto Comand unit they only
Show on the map.
Each time you update the cameras you will need to carry out the above again.
GOOD LUCK

Thank you very much for this. Have tried it but still no success. At no 13, I select memory card, I am then offered another drop down with start route recording or memory card. I cannot select memory card.
wartklin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
After you select "Destination" you should get the drop down box and "From memory card" should be there, click on this and you should get a message saying "Importing this could take some time" now just wait for about 1 minute it doesn't actually import anything.
Now click the back and select "Options", Personal POIs should be highlighted click on this and select show on map.
Do NOT take the the SD card out as the POIs are stored on it and only show on the map, and are not imported.
Hope it works this time.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ellick. Have you created the folder with exactly the capitalisation indicated by wartklin? He implies that if you do not have the correct capitalisation, it won't work.
ellick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wartklin wrote:
Hi
After you select "Destination" you should get the drop down box and "From memory card" should be there, click on this and you should get a message saying "Importing this could take some time" now just wait for about 1 minute it doesn't actually import anything.
Now click the back and select "Options", Personal POIs should be highlighted click on this and select show on map.
Do NOT take the the SD card out as the POIs are stored on it and only show on the map, and are not imported.
Hope it works this time.

Thank you for the information.
The first few attempts at using destination and selecting 'from memory card' resulted in the second drop down with the choice 'record route' or 'memory card' which was not selectable. The screen did show 'Importing data and may take several minutes'.
I then selected options and selected personal poi and received the same screen 'importing data' but no option for show on map.
Back to where I started I think.
ellick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
@ellick. Have you created the folder with exactly the capitalisation indicated by wartklin? He implies that if you do not have the correct capitalisation, it won't work.

Yes I did (PersonalPOI).
wartklin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ellick,
I am sorry you can't get the POI's to show on the map, I have formatted my sdcard and went through the steps I explained, and it works OK on my "comand on line ntg 5.0".
I'm afraid I don't have any other solution.
ellick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wartklin wrote:
Hi ellick,
I am sorry you can't get the POI's to show on the map, I have formatted my sdcard and went through the steps I explained, and it works OK on my "comand on line ntg 5.0".
I'm afraid I don't have any other solution.

Thank you for all your help. I have had this car (E Class E220 Blutec AMG Night Edition) It is registered as a 2015 car but I leased it new in Feb this year. My manual gives the information that the car has Audio20 Command Online. I have been trying since May (from time to time) to get the speed camera data base on the Command system. I have worked out that I have probably spent time to the equivalent of the cost of half a dozen up market speed camera detection devices (including radar etc)! This is the first German car I have used, if I get another, I will be sure to check how to configure the software how I want it. Thanks again.
wartklin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ellick
Thank you for your comment, it is a pity you could not get it to work albeit you have the same system as mine.I think whilst the technology is encouraging it does have some misgivings, I can't seem to get the internet working in conjunction with my Samsung phone, and neither can Mercedes!!
Regards
ellick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wartklin wrote:
Hi ellick
Thank you for your comment, it is a pity you could not get it to work albeit you have the same system as mine.I think whilst the technology is encouraging it does have some misgivings, I can't seem to get the internet working in conjunction with my Samsung phone, and neither can Mercedes!!
Regards

Hi Wartklin
When I had a little bit of time to spare today, I checked the forum and searched for Comand ntg5 I came across this: -

"[quote="BBJtech"]I have a 2015 C200 AMG Line with the Comand System and have no problems uploading the Camera Database

Firstly make sure you create a folder called - PersonalPOI - (without the dashes) in the route of the SD Card. The spelling and capitals are important

Then copy the 2 extracted .gpx files to the PersonalPOI folder

After that, all I do is insert the SD card into the car slot and leave it. After a couple of minutes if I drive off the database has automatically loaded and I receive camera alerts as expected

That's all I have to do!"

I tried this and it worked. So simple, I did not think of doing that! The cameras appeared more less immediately. Then went to personal POIs and ticked audible alert.
Drove the car a few miles and it worked well. Only one chime per camera though. Happy that I have managed this. Sad that I spent a lot of time trying.
All the best,
Ellick
wartklin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ellick
I am pleased you were able to sort it.
Out of interest though, you say only put the SD card in the slot, you didn't have to do anything else?
I must try this seems a lot easier.
Regards
ellick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Comand ntg5 Reply with quote

wartklin wrote:
Hi Ellick
Out of interest though, you say only put the SD card in the slot, you didn't have to do anything else?
Regards

Thankyou.

That is correct. I just put the card in the slot.

I did the following:

Set up a POI folder on my desktop; downloaded the camera database and unpacked it in the folder.
Did a full format of the SD card (FAT 22).
Put a new folder onto the SD card entitled PersonalPOIs.
I then put the two unpacked gpx files straight into it.
Put it into the Command SD slot switched it on. Not sure how long it took to show on the screen as I looked away. I have become used to waiting in this context.
When I looked at the screen again (I think less than 30 seconds) the cameras were all displayed.
I went to options, selected Personal POIs. For the first time the drop down menu came up with display on map and audible alerts. The cameras were listed. Display on map was already ticked. I ticked the audible alert.

I am assuming each time I update I will go into the file on the SD card and delete the gpx files and replace them with the new updated ones.

Well worth a try I think. It is simpler than loading POIs on a portable satnav.
I am keen to find out if it works for you too.
All the best,
Ellick.
Cool
wartklin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Comand ntg5 Reply with quote

ellick wrote:
wartklin wrote:
Hi Ellick
Regards

Thankyou.

I did the following:

Set up a POI folder on my desktop; downloaded the camera database and unpacked it in the folder.
Put it into the Command SD slot switched it on. Not sure how long it took to show on the screen as I looked away. I have become used to waiting in this context.
When I looked at the screen again (I think less than 30 seconds) the cameras were all displayed.
I went to options, selected Personal POIs. For the first time the drop down menu came up with display on map and audible alerts. The cameras were listed. Display on map was already ticked. I ticked the audible alert.

I am assuming each time I update I will go into the file on the SD card and delete the gpx files and replace them with the new updated ones.

All the best,
Ellick.
Cool

Hi again
Thanks for the info. It is almost the same as I indicated whereby when you go to the options and click on Personal POIs you get the show on map, but you couldn't get this far before.
However as long as whatever way you do it the cameras appear that's what counts.
I will let you know how I get on with your method.
Cheers
wartklin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Comand ntg5 Reply with quote

wartklin wrote:
ellick wrote:
wartklin wrote:
Hi Ellick
Regards

Thankyou.

I did the following:

All the best,
Ellick.
Cool

Hi again
Thanks for the info. It is almost the same as I indicated whereby when you go to the options and click on Personal POIs you get the show on map, but you couldn't get this far before.
However as long as whatever way you do it the cameras appear that's what counts.
I will let you know how I get on with your method.
Cheers

Hi ellick it's me again.
I have had success.
Thanks it has been a good result all round.
Cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16

Jump to: