Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Problem with Nissan Speedcams (New Info)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with Nissan Speedcams (New Info)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fordfocus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Problem with Nissan Speedcams (New Info) Reply with quote

Just taken delivery of a new Qashqai and found the Connect Nav system has speed cameras already installed.
I understand this is the latest version of the Nissan map card.
I downloaded the PGPSW speedcams and installed corectly via USB, but on venturing near a camera site, I now have 2 sets of speedcam files battling with each other on who displays first.
Tried removing all user POI's from the unit, but it only deletes the PGPSW ones, the Nissan ones are still there.
From this, I presume that the Nissan ones are on the map card and cannot be erased.

I would prefer using the PGPSW database as I do not know the parentage of the Nissan ones.

Any help greatly appreciated

EDIT

I have been in touch with Nissan who are looking into my query.
Further fact finding has revealed that the Nissan camera database is built in to the new (version 1.5) of the Connect software.
As such, they cannot be deleted or configured even when doing a factory reset of the unit.

I have asked Nissan to look at either:

Regular updates of their database or preferably, upgrading the software to allow removal or disabling their database to allow 3rd party databases like the PGPSW one.

Currently waiting on feedback from Nissan.

FF
SidneyP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with Nissan Speedcams (New Info) Reply with quote

fordfocus wrote:

Currently waiting on feedback from Nissan.

Did you get any feedback from Nissan?
I got my QQ+2 in February 2011, and was all set to subscribe on here until I saw this post.
The main reason to subscribe (as the built-in DB seems reasonably complete) would be to get rid of the annoying warnings for average speed cameras on motorways that have long since gone (most of the western half of the M4, for example).
If I can't get rid of those, and will double up on the correct ones, there doesn't seems a lot of point... Sad
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Re: Problem with Nissan Speedcams (New Info) Reply with quote

SidneyP wrote:
If I can't get rid of those, and will double up on the correct ones, there doesn't seems a lot of point... Sad

But if the Nissan one doesn't get updated then how will keeping only that version cover new cameras?

MaFt
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it's hardly reasonable complete if its riddled with long since removed cameras!
SidneyP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with Nissan Speedcams (New Info) Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

But if the Nissan one doesn't get updated then how will keeping only that version cover new cameras?

MaFt

It's a good point.
I suppose what I'm hoping for is that fordfocus has been let in on a secret way to remove/disable the Nissan DB, that he can share with us all.

While adding the newer cameras is a good thing, removing the out-of-date ones is part of any full update process, and doubling-up existing ones is a sure way to annoy the missus (who spends more time driving the thing anyway)!
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nissan's attempt in offering support for speed cams has always been half-hearted but this is even more laughable.

Why offer non-updatable data and why leave users with option to delete it? What happens if you go to France where it will very soon be illegal to have this data on a nav unit?
fordfocus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Nissan's attempt in offering support for speed cams has always been half-hearted but this is even more laughable.

Why offer non-updatable data and why leave users with option to delete it? What happens if you go to France where it will very soon be illegal to have this data on a nav unit?

You are quite right Darren, got my car on the 1st February 2011 and despite repeated calls to Nissan, the most I get is "We are currently looking into it".

I will say this to members:

Under NO circumstances, rely on the Nissan database for camera warnings only.
Even on my limited journeys, the amount of cameras (all types) it misses is very worrying, the only reason I know is that the PWGPS database gives me a warning, but, the Nissan database stays silent.

Best thing is load the PWGPS database into the Connect and put up with the dual warnings for cameras.

Will update if I get further info from Nissan (Don't hold your breath Laughing Out Loud)

JUST FOR INFO:

Nissan's database is written into the Connect firmware read only memory, not on the SD map card, so no way to delete or amend it.

Only a firmware update from Nissan / Bosch will update the camera database IF they decide to release one?.
SidneyP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fordfocus wrote:
Best thing is load the PWGPS database into the Connect and put up with the dual warnings for cameras.

So, fordfocus, can you tell us what form the dual warnings take?

With the Nissan warnings, you get a little beep, and a square notification pops up over the nav display for a few seconds.
Do you get one behind another, or one after the other?
Is it beepbeep *one warning box* *second warning box*
or is it beep *one warning box* beep *second warning box*
or something else?

Presumably where they disagree you just get one or the other?
(and can safely ignore if it's the nissan one only)

Thanks!
fordfocus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SidneyP wrote:
fordfocus wrote:

So, fordfocus, can you tell us what form the dual warnings take?

With the Nissan warnings, you get a little beep, and a square notification pops up over the nav display for a few seconds.
Do you get one behind another, or one after the other?
Is it beepbeep *one warning box* *second warning box*
or is it beep *one warning box* beep *second warning box*
or something else?

Presumably where they disagree you just get one or the other?
(and can safely ignore if it's the nissan one only)

Thanks!

I will try and explain as best I can:

Example #1

PWGPS Database, camera listed.

Connect Database, camera listed.

One will sound at 250yds, then second one straight after, probably at around 100yds.
One bleep and one visual notification each.

Example #2

PWGPS Database, camera listed.

Connect Database, camera not listed.

Warning from PWGPS ( a gatso camera ahead xx mph) is given at 250yds, one bleep and one warning only.

Example #3

PWGPS Database, camera not listed.

Connect Database, camera listed.

Warning from Connect ( You are approaching a fixed camera etc) is given at 250yds, one bleep and one warning only.

I have the Connect warning set to 250yds.

Hopefully, you can understand my explanation, post back if not.

FF
Pipeliner
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Nissan Connect Complaints Reply with quote

Can anybody advise on best contact details to send complaints about these non removable speed camera warnings, its driving me nuts?
Surely if enough people complain, they might provide a way to solve this!
I'll be pretty upset if I get caught in France for using speed camera warnings on a system that cannot be turned off or stopped.
fordfocus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Nissan Connect Complaints Reply with quote

Pipeliner wrote:
Can anybody advise on best contact details to send complaints about these non removable speed camera warnings, its driving me nuts?
Surely if enough people complain, they might provide a way to solve this!
I'll be pretty upset if I get caught in France for using speed camera warnings on a system that cannot be turned off or stopped.

They are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, but contact them anyway:

Customer Services Nissan Motor (GB) Ltd
The Rivers Office Park
Denham Way
Maple Cross
Rickmansworth
Hertfordshire
WD3 9YS

Tel No: 01923 899334

Email: gb@nissan-services.eu

Hope you have more luck than I did Rolling Eyes

FF
adr41n
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Nissan Connect Complaints Reply with quote

Hi Folks, I'm new in here.

I got my Qashqai 30th March 2011, it had the built in Speed Camera's on the Connect system.

As they where obviously out of date ( I live near the M25 and the Average 50's was moving every month ), I updated to the PWGPS Database and everything worked fine.

It's the latest software 1.5.

If I can help by trying anything out or looking at my system I would be happy to.

I've updated many times since and I have yet to experience the problems you describe.

So the question is 'how come my one updates correctly whereas other peoples don't ?'.

It would appear ( or I would guess ) that when I install the PWGPS Database the onboard/inbuilt ones are disabled ( for me at least ).

Is there a write enable on the SD card ? ( I've never taken mine out . If it ain't broke etc )

As I said If I can help throw some light on this I'd be happy to.

Adrian
BONDEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nissan new yesterday 62 plate, i downloaded the cams on here and have also the double up of cams its not good,
2 questions the there is two csv files pocket_uk_masters_and_pmobile.csv and also pocketgps_uk_sc.csv do you put both of these files on usb stick or just one if one which one ? also how do you no when cam pops up on screen which is the connect cam or the new download one please help with anything else i need to know thank you all Confused
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BONDEY wrote:
there is two csv files pocket_uk_masters_and_pmobile.csv and also pocketgps_uk_sc.csv do you put both of these files on usb stick or just one
Just one and it depends whether you want to include the unverified mobile camera sites (pmobile) or not.
Q2 ????? Sorry
BONDEY
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what do you mean unverified cams sorry

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: