Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CamerAlert - 1 Becomes 3 - Now Even Better Value
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CamerAlert - 1 Becomes 3 - Now Even Better Value
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: CamerAlert - 1 Becomes 3 - Now Even Better Value Reply with quote

pocketgpsworld.comWe have changed the licence terms for the use of a subscription on CamerAlert - our very own Speed and Red Light Camera warning system for iOS (iPhone, iPad 3G) and Android devices.

Until now, a PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera subscription limited you to use on one installation of Cameralert within the wider restriction of three devices in total.

However, with the release of CamerAlert for Android, and the support for iPad 3G we recognise that many of you will own more than one of these devices in a household.

And so we have upped the limit to three Cameralert installations in total. So now you may mix and match as you wish, two iPhones, one Android or one iPhone, one iPad and one SatNav, or two satnavs and an iPhone. The choice is yours.

Just install CamerAlert on your chosen device and then link your subscription as normal. if you exceed three CamerAlert installs you will not be able to link a fourth until you raise a support ticket and request one of the three installations be removed.

We hope this change will be welcomed. With the wider adoption of smartphones in household this allows you to make best use of a single subscription and makes our service even better value than ever.

No other provider offers such a wide range of supported devices or permits you to use a subscription with more than one device.

At £19.99 per year can you afford not to be part of the best speed camera locations service available - anywhere?
mrfrank
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU!!!!
topbanana4
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks that's great news
spmorriss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fantastic news, however, when I try and register my Android device (HTC Desire) I get a message saying that I am unable to register this software version

I'm running CamerAlert v1.0.0.294 (I'm assuming the string of numbers after this is the phones ID)

Any suggestions gratefully accepted
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spmorriss wrote:
This is fantastic news, however, when I try and register my Android device (HTC Desire) I get a message saying that I am unable to register this software version

Where/how are you trying to register? By 'register' we mean inputting your username/password in Menu / Manage Cameras.
Quote:
I'm running CamerAlert v1.0.0.294 (I'm assuming the string of numbers after this is the phones ID)

That is the software version of CamerAlert.

The CamerAlert Manual for Android is here.
spmorriss
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spmorriss wrote:

Just checked at the version on the Android Market is not the same,I'm guessing I should have removed the beta before installing the latest version as a remove/reinstall has solved the issue...
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spmorriss wrote:
spmorriss wrote:

Just checked at the version on the Android Market is not the same,I'm guessing I should have removed the beta before installing the latest version as a remove/reinstall has solved the issue...

yes, the old version needs removing as we changed the registration process partway through the testing.

MaFt
DogSlow
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll add my thanks to those above. It's good to try the new app with my HUGE screen Galaxy Tab! Looks good and does the business too!
Keep up the good work,

John B
Gretel
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: CamerAlert Reply with quote

Probably a silly question, but does this app work on iPod Touch?? Confused
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: CamerAlert Reply with quote

Gretel wrote:
Probably a silly question, but does this app work on iPod Touch?? Confused

It does, but you'd need a GPS cradle for it to be of any use. There are GPS cradles available from TomTom, Magellan, Arkon and others.

And you would need to download the database using a WiFi connection before you set off. But otherwise yes.
Gretel
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Darren
Duddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Query?

Until now the problem has not arisen.

I have an HTC Desire (2.2) running Co-Pilot 8 & camera alert in which I download, via web, the database for the speedcam to Co_pilot (for showing on the maps) & CamerAlert (for warnings) via my phone.
I also download, via web, to my TT One as a backup.

My daughter has received a Desire and I want to give here the CamerAlert & updates (she doesn't use Sat Nav).

You state I am allowed to download the database to up to 3 devices i.e. 2 Legends & 1 TT but because I download the Speedcam database twice into my Desire (Co-Pilot + CamAlert) does this alone count as 2 "Devices" or can I include my daughters Desire as the 3rd device.
Confused Confused Confused
Reading glasses getting thicker as is my waist
Retired but want to go back to work for a rest.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duddy wrote:
You state I am allowed to download the database to up to 3 devices i.e. 2 Legends & 1 TT but because I download the Speedcam database twice into my Desire (Co-Pilot + CamAlert) does this alone count as 2 "Devices" or can I include my daughters Desire as the 3rd device.

It's one device so we would consider that only one of the 3.
Duddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Duddy wrote:

It's one device so we would consider that only one of the 3.

VMT Darren.
Reading glasses getting thicker as is my waist
Retired but want to go back to work for a rest.
dorsetwurzel
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

This is probably a silly question but I have done a quick search on the forum and cant find any more info on this. I have bought CamerAlert for my wife's new HTC Desire phone and linked my account so she can use my Lifetime membership under the revised usage limits when she is driving for work.

When I did this through the CA app on Android I got an email with details of a new account starting CAA_xxxxx.... Is this what should of happened - I assumed my account (tafrost) would be linked onto her phone too and show as such?

Cheers

Tim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: