Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nissan NTec vs Peugeot Connet?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nissan NTec vs Peugeot Connet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheKLF99
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Nissan NTec vs Peugeot Connet? Reply with quote

At the moment we're looking for a new motability car, and it's a hard decision between Nissan Note and Peugeot 3008.

Our current car is a Nissan Note which has done us really well over 3 years. However recently when the car went in for service they lent us a Nissan Micra courtesy car with the NTec system on it.

I was really disappointed by how confusing and dangerously distracting it was to operate, and this has really put me off going for another Nissan Note now as the NTec is included on the Tekna trim which is the one we'd go for.

We've noticed the Peugeot 3008 isn't too bad a car, and not much more expensive than the Note (on motability prices in automatic), apart from the fact we'd need to buy a new towbar, and I don't really know much about Peugeot's, I have known lots of people with Nissan's and they're always reliable, plus the customer service at our local Nissan garage in Widnes is absolutely outstanding, so don't think we'll get the same from Peugeot.

Here are a few of the problems I had with the Ntec system, does anyone know if they are the same on the Peugeot Connect system:

1 - Very small keyboard, ended up pressing a lot of the wrong keys first before getting correct destination

2 - Confusing location of "Nav" button to change destination/avoid roadblock/etc, instead of just tapping the centre screen to bring up options (like on TomTom) you need to press "Nav" which isn't located in the best place ever.

3 - When integrating with mobile phone, dialling pad is really small, and too impossible to use, numbers are in a line along the top instead of utilising the full screen to create 3x3 grid

4 - Traffic announcements kept flashing on screen with option to cancel them, currently on the Nissan Note we have there is a button labelled TA to quickly turn on and off, but on the NTec the turn on and off button is located under a load of menus and isn't very easy to turn on and off whilst driving.
djhoneymonster
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: the n-tec system Reply with quote

the nissan n-tec system is better than any i have seen and rivals tom tom it has blue tooth plays music from a usb and satnav which i find very easy to use :O) as with all things you just have to get used to it , but if your looking for a tom tom get a tom tom you can switch off display on the top left button !get a note or nissan juke im sure you will love the nissan juke its the best car i have ever driven by a mile !

Andrew Hornyak
(Site Subscriber)

from somewhere up north in sunderland uk

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: