Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mitsubishi Sat Nav
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mitsubishi Sat Nav
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rogerrgm
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Mitsubishi Sat Nav Reply with quote

This my first post, Have Misubishi Outlander with built in Sat Nav doe's not have speed cameras installed has anyone been able to get speed cameras on this built in unit or do have to take my Tom Tom as well?
Roger
PS Have spoken to Mitsubishi and they have informed no cannot be done but maybe there is other ways to effect speed cameras

Last edited by rogerrgm on Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our usual first questions in these cases are:
Does the user manual mention being able to load "user POIs" or "third-party POIs?" and "Does it have any audible warning system for POIs?"

Also, is there any indication on-screen who actually makes the unit or who's software it's running?
Joskyn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mitsubishi Outlander uses Garmin as it's Sat Nav and the following URL explains how to upload the Speed Cameras.

http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/car/mits/dnx7240bt/navi/poi/
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is the Kenwood, the installation will be as explained in our Kenwood Install-Guide here.

Good news if it is!
Joskyn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
If it is the Kenwood, the installation will be as explained in our Kenwood Install-Guide here.

Good news if it is!

It is (I have the Outlander 2010 model) as it was supplied by Mitsubishi as either an optional extra or an after sales item.

The guide provided by Kenwood is 100% accurate, whereas the Garmin software doesn't save the file as expected.

The POI software supplied created a file Speed Camera Database.gpi and the guide says it needs Poi.gpi. Just rename the saved file to Poi.gpi and all is well.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't need renaming, but if that works, great.

Garmin's can handle multiple .gpi files, indeed renaming is one of our tips for having EU KPH and UK MPH .gpi files.

Is it 'Speed Camera Database.gpi' with spaces?
Joskyn
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:

Yes and I think that's the crux of the problem and why the problem exists.

Simply removing the spaces has worked, I just tried and all is fine the Sat Nav uploaded it without an error message.

Joskyn
bigbernie61
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Installing Camera updates via CD Reply with quote

I have a new Mitsubishi ASX with this sat. nav. Have followed instructions from Kenwood on installing the speed camera database to the letter. But when CD is inserted I just get massage "DVD Error" Have tried everything suggested in this forum without success. I have sent an e-mail to Kenwood & await a reply
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The normal cause is the CD has not been created correctly, not closed properly by the burning app or the file structure is incorrect.

Kenwood have been fairly unhelpful when asked before, they don't appear to have much of a clue as to what the exact requirements of their systems are in this case!

What do you use to burn the CD?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joskyn wrote:
Darren wrote:
Yes and I think that's the crux of the problem and why the problem exists.
They should have never brought in the facility to put spaces in FileNames. It seems to cause problems all over the place with different systems/OS's Shocked
luckyplucker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me, my father in law has bought himself a 2011 outlander, I've followed the instructions and recommendations on here to a Tee and the POI's won't install.

The only branding on his car is "Rockford Fosgate", I thought they may just produce the speakers but would they be responsible for the Sat Nav as well?, and if so, has anyone on here had any experience with the installation?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Mark.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luckyplucker wrote:
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can help me, my father in law has bought himself a 2011 outlander, I've followed the instructions and recommendations on here to a Tee and the POI's won't install.

The only branding on his car is "Rockford Fosgate", I thought they may just produce the speakers but would they be responsible for the Sat Nav as well?, and if so, has anyone on here had any experience with the installation?

Rockford Fosgate is the speaker manufacturer. I thought the Outlander came with a Kenwood Nav system? Does it look anything like this?
luckyplucker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
luckyplucker wrote:

Rockford Fosgate is the speaker manufacturer. I thought the Outlander came with a Kenwood Nav system? Does it look anything like this?

Hello , sorry for the delay in replying, no, if that's the kenwood version on the demo link, then it doesn't look like that. I did end up speaking to a guy at kenwood, and he said that if I can only see rockford fosgate branding, then Kenwood have had nothing to do with the system. Searching the web, speakers seem to be their main thing, but they do produce a navigation system as well (see the bottom of this link) http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/oem/mitsubishi.asp. I think it's a right pain to put any POI's on there...
abyzz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Mitsubishi's use a bespoke Rockford Fosgate head unit with built in sat nav , and they have no provision for adding speed camera alerts unfortunately Sad
jezzyp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To bump this.
Anyone got the speed camera database running in their Outy ?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: