Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - problem TELMAP NAVIGATOR 5 and Blackberry 9700 Bold
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

problem TELMAP NAVIGATOR 5 and Blackberry 9700 Bold

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bibou13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:30 pm    Post subject: problem TELMAP NAVIGATOR 5 and Blackberry 9700 Bold Reply with quote

Hi,

On my Bold 9700 i downloaded the TELMAP Apllication version 5. But each time i want to launch the apllication, i have this following message :

"telmap could not find access point to network please check your network settings"

Who can help me? what i have to on the Bold to arrange that...

Thanks a lot for your help

Richy
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richy,

Are you on BIS or BES? Did you install the right version? If you've tried one it might be worth uninstalling and then trying the other.
bibou13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi

first i tried BES and i read on a forum that it was only for enterprise and it didn t work....so i tried BIS and it doen't work :-( i lways get that message i posted and i don t know....what to do...
i think i hvae the good version cause i got it directly with a link sent by Telmap site.....any idea to help me? or even a link to try another version ? i read that the 4.5 verson was better then the 5 but i can't find it...
thanks
Richy
Vibsak
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bibou13,
You may give this procedure a try:
First uninstall the app and reboot your phone.
Check your browser setting to see if it is set to Internet Browser if you intend using it on BIS. (Sometimes the default will be Blackberry Browser or WAP). Change it to Internet Browser.
Check your internet connection is working by browsing any website

The link that you have received from Telmap when you registered could be a WAP push don't click on it. Instead, try downloading the app directly from http://www.telmap.com/tmug.
Select the radio button BIS, by default it will be set to BES.

After the app is downloaded, go to Applications and check for permissions. everything must be set to Allow. if not change it to Allow.

Hopefully, it must work if you have a proper data plan and internet connectivity in your region. Once the app is running for the first time it will prompt for the activation code. Enter the code you have.
axxel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i run into problems using the latest version 5.xx.74 on my bold 9700 v5.0.0.593 (t-mobile/germany).
i got "internal error, pls retry" imediately after launching the app. all permissions are set.

have a nice weekend + thx in advance...

sincerely,
axel fleischer
potsdam/germany/europe
bibou13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vibsak,

i did all what yu said , the entire procedure yu gave ; the only thing different is in permissions : i can allow all except "interactions" which is on "personalize" and i can 't change it for "allow".
Don t know if it s the reason why i failed again to intsall Telmap ! alxays the same message :

"telmap could not find access point to network please check your network settings"

very very disappointed...any other help ?

thanks

regards
vago
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI,

i had a similar experience.
got a new 9700, installed, a restart was requested, done, process asked for permissions, granted with some limitations due to corporate...
and waited but "had" to restart.
tried removing, restart, install, still the same.
only after reading here about it, i decided to let it hang.
it took sometime between 30-60 minutes ((after 30 min it still didn't work)) for it to set the restrictions or whatever.
when the app starts, it asks again for permissions approval.
i did not approve, and it starts and works well.
still, everytime it starts the permissions are requested.
for BES, you need to lower your default "allow" request and keep it to the minimum required - i think.

My hunch is that the delay is caused by trying to communicate via ports that aren't communicating and moving fw only after a timeout. for example USB, BT or similar.
Just a hunch.

Vago
bibou13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi guys ,

thanks for all your help cause i finally succeeded to install Telmap ! but i have a new problem to solve ! i can't write nothing as if pad was blocked ! for example in "seach" i try to write a strret a town and nothing appears ! i searched in settings to see if there is someting to do ! but nothing ! i can see my position on the map but can 't write nothing so i can t use it as a gps ....
any help more ????
thanks a lot

Richy
SyBorg
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bibou13,

Can you post how you solved your install problem? It might help someone else.

As to not being able to see what you are typing I'm sure I've seen a post on here somewhere that implied changing the fonts used on the BB allowed the text to be seen. It's worth hunting for that.

UPDATE: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=82544
It wasn't the font it was predictive text.
bibou13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,

yu're right i am so obsessed to solve my new problem that i forgot to give the solution, maybe cause i feel a liitle stupid not to have thought about it before :
when i got the message "telmap could not find access point to network please check your network settings" i could choice "close" or "retry", i always have choosen "close" and one day i did "retry" and it worked ! then yu just have to put your registration number; it s very amazing cause i desisntalled the application many times after (trying to solve my problem of typing with "bes" then "bis" ans do on and eacht time, at the first try always the same message "telmap couldn 't ind..." and then "retry" and it works !

so to go back to my new problem, if someone have anay idea....i m going to "hunt" for this subjet on the forum but as my english is not very "good" it s not very easy for me to search....but thanks for the advise

Richy
bibou13
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sea Borg, yu gave me the solution with your link !!!!yu just have to switch off the predictive input ! effectivly, telmap doesn't like it ! and now...........................it works !

thanks a lot for all the replies i got
Richy
TUGAdmin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,
The problem with typing into entry fields is indeed connected to the predictive text being switched on.
This is covered in our list of FAQs that you can view here

Look under the Support section

Thanks again for your help Syborg

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Telmap User Group All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: