Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 940 Navcore 9
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

940 Navcore 9
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike! I managed to install and launch the 9.022 app on the GO 720, but it doesn't run very well. Navigation in the menus simply don't work properly. The arrows for switching between menu pages are missing and the app often freezes.
Further BlueTooth doesn't work so I cannot use my remote for navigation in the menus.

Does any of you clever guys know of any trix to get the app to work decently on a 720 or should I give it up and revert to Navcore 8 until an official release of Navecore 9 for my device is offered on HOME?
gpsgimp
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having seen the BlueMe version on UTube and the owner of a TomTom 710 & 930 would either be capable of running this version. I'm a motorhome owner and I'm keen to have the facility of modifying the vehicle details for route planning.
norm2002
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it on my 940. Not sure I like the much wider strip on the side. Also, when I click on the right arrow in the menus, it sometimes jumps two pages. For the moment gone back to v8.
blackstars
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flashyphotos wrote:
Availalbe from the TomTom website.

http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/9.022.go750-t.CAB-navcore-GO_LIVE.cab

will this software run on a go 730 ?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try it! Smile
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

9.024 seems more stable on the 940.
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am tempted to try v9 on my 540.

Other than NOT copying the 'System' file, is there anything else I should look out for?

I've backed up my 540 last week so it's all safe. I noticed there was a v9 for the 750 and 950, is there one for the 550 or am I right in thinking the 750 and 550 are essentially the say devices with different maps/memory space?

Am I also correct in thinking that the BlueMe 750 Navcore 9 version over the standard 750 navcore 9 version simply adds the vehicle parameters options and nothing else?

Thanks
United Kingdom & ROI v945.6174
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All you will get extra is the vehicle profile options, if you can fool the software in to thinkink it's loaded to a 940 then you would get mp3 and most probably FM Tx as I doubt the actual hardware is missing from the 540, 740, 550 or 750 but this is only hearsay, and I know the Navcore 9 for the 750 supports mp3 and FM Tx from the you tube video so the software is capable of supporting it - Mike
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Mike.

Will give it a try and feedback anything interesting I find!
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just installed on my 540. Leaves me with 12Mb RAM.

Had a quick play around and all seems to be working as before. Cosmetically, I think it looks better. Not sure if it's a worthy compromise of system resources however as I'm sure I had around 16Mb-18Mb RAM with Navcore 8. Noticed a couple of things...

Laggy. Clicking some menu options are SO laggy. I sometimes thing it's froze. Other menu clicks appear faster. Could this be a leak in the software somewhere?

After a couple of reboots it did not connect the the Live services then appeared to disable them completely unless the device was rebooted as had already been mentioned.

Connecting to phone seems much quicker. It never asked me nor from what I can see, has it copied over my phonebook. Navcore 8 gave me this option. It never seems to reconnect the phone after the Go has been switched off without having to delete it then add the phone again. Made a quick call. Clear and with no drops so seems fine. Device shows the number calling and not the saved name which is annoying. Could be because there is no entries in the phonebook.

Disabling the 'Call' quick key is impossible.

Tripmaster 2.5 didn't work. Leaves me with a flickering screen when opened. which is a shame.

Media Options give me Document Reader, Photo Gallery, and iPod Control. Clicking on iPod Control searches for iPod, but as I don't have the apropreate mount, I can't test this. No mention of a music player in any of the menus (Due to it being the 750 Navcore and not 950 installed if I'm correct?). Although there is a music preferences option on page 6 of the preferences.

Update: "There is something wrong with your SIM card. Please contact TomTom Customer support." Error Code 148

Reverted back to v8 and it's connecting with no problems and showing as up-to-date.

Crying or Very sad

Tempted to try again as I liked v9. Don't want to connect to Home whilst using v9 in case TomTom sus v9 on a x40..... Laughing
AndyVaughan
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme2812 wrote:
Don't want to connect to Home whilst using v9 in case TomTom sus v9 on a x40..... Laughing

Laughing Out Loud - I wonder what they make of my XL LIVE running 9.024 with TTS as well then - HOME did throw a bit of a wobbly when updating fuel prices!

Shame it still has the Navcore 8 status bar and Route planning view - I can fool it into thinking it is running on a 940 and get all of the new skin but I lose TTS.
Graeme2812
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange.....Boot it with v9 and it works perfectly first time. Switch off or reboot then I loose connection and get "Error Code:148, Can not connect to server, please try again later" and then refuses to connect AT ALL. ('Not Connected' with no reception Bars)

Revert back to v8. Works perfectly again.

Surely it's not THAT much of a coincidence that it's down when I am running version 9, and up when I return to version 8? Confused

One thing I don't have is the 'system' file that Mike spoke of. I don't have this on my backup or device.

Tried it on my 730T. Didn't manage to get past the splash screen. Just reboot after that.
blackstars
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme2812 wrote:
Strange.....Boot it with v9 and it works perfectly first time. Switch off or reboot then I loose connection and get "Error Code:148, Can not connect to server, please try again later" and then refuses to connect AT ALL. ('Not Connected' with no reception Bars)

Revert back to v8. Works perfectly again.

Surely it's not THAT much of a coincidence that it's down when I am running version 9, and up when I return to version 8? Confused

One thing I don't have is the 'system' file that Mike spoke of. I don't have this on my backup or device.

Tried it on my 730T. Didn't manage to get past the splash screen. Just reboot after that.

thinging of getting a 730t or a 940, would i be able to install navcore 9 on either of these units ? which one would be the better unit to install on ?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 940 is a better bet and its also more likely to get the Navcore 9 update before/ if the x30 models ever get it to be honest as the 940 is the more modern device.
TomTom have continued a long tradition of supporting older models for a number of years with new maps and occasional updates to the Navcore software but the older a device becomes the less probable a major update is in the pipe, bear in mind the x30 range is pushing close to two years old by now - Mike
keithjeffrey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
Try it! Smile

I tried putting the Blue Me version on my 730T.
When I fired it up it started up OK...............Yippee I thought Very Happy

Then the screen came up with the icons for my vehicle type ( car , van , truck , etc )............... More yippees Very Happy Very Happy

This joy was VERY short lived after that.............my 730T locked up and I could do nothing with it.

In the process of reloading my backup , back onto my 730T.

Oh well. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: