Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - AVOID - GLOBAL GIZMOS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

AVOID - GLOBAL GIZMOS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoBill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:27 pm    Post subject: AVOID - GLOBAL GIZMOS Reply with quote

Although a newbie with few posts (see Sticky), this post has prior approval from a moderator and in light of the issues raised, it has been decided that it's better to forewarn potential customers!
See posts in Satmap section http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=457639

goon525 wrote:
I too have had recent problems with Global Gizmos. Ordered UK maps and power pack through them. Lots of missed dates and broken promises. Eventually, the stuff did show up. Perhaps it's a coincidence that this came after I'd threatened to report them to the credit card company and their local trading standards. I certainly wouldn't use them again, but am relieved I avoided a legal dispute.

I too am having problems with Global Gizmos. Unfortunately (and stupidly !!) I paid by Debit Card (they did not accept Credit Cards - Jan 7th 2009) and I also had lots of missed dates and broken promises.
Although most of my order eventually arrived, I am still outstanding certain items.
Despite many emails (they no longer answer their phone but direct customers to email contact - their website says:-
Global Gizmos has seen that over the last couple of months our customers haven’t received the customer service that we would like to give. We have now taken positive steps to ensure that this is improved by streamlining the way we operate as a company. We are now only contactable by e-mail, as this allows us to effectively answer 5 – 6 times the amount of enquiries electronically per day rather than by phone. This also allows us to pass on more savings to our customers and improve the customer service levels dramatically. End of quote
I have had no response from them to date, items are outstanding from an order on 7 Jan. I searched on the internet and notice that there are a number of recent complaints on both Amazon and Kelkoo. It is also reported that in Jan 2009 they have had their ISIS acreditation removed too. See
http://isisaccreditation.imrg.org/8025745000669E37/(httpPages)/65067C0CFD1F96968025744E0071C279?OpenDocument

Sorry to ramble on but I though it appropriate to let prospective purchasers know that Global Gizmos are unreliable.
My advice is to AVOID GLOBAL GIZMOS.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: AVOID - GLOBAL GIZMOS Reply with quote

BroncoBill wrote:
Although a newbie with few posts (see Sticky), this post has prior approval from a moderator and in light of the issues raised, it has been decided that it's better to forewarn potential customers!

MODS: Confirmed - approval to bypass the '10 post rule' given by Darren via email earlier today.

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Retailers to buy from or avoid All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: