Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap: Firmware 1.300 Now Available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap: Firmware 1.300 Now Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote: Each time I switch it on, it makes "MyTrack9" the active route. If I select "no active route" and power off, It reverts to the last track recoded on switch on.

I have been experimenting a little more.

If I click around with the joystick to create "My Route 10", then it will remember the no active route on switch on.

Whem I delete "My Route 10" and switch off, it reverts to "My Track 9" on switch on.
ManchesterRambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:36 pm    Post subject: Version 1.3 killed my A10 Reply with quote

I have just upgraded to v1.3 from 1.16 - I'd given up on the unit to be honest - but having received the update email I thought I'd give it another go.

Now the thing won't turn on. Anyone else had this?

I've emailed Satmap and assume I'll have to send it back to them for them to reload the software or something.
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Version 1.3 killed my A10 Reply with quote

ManchesterRambler wrote:
I have just upgraded to v1.3 from 1.16 - I'd given up on the unit to be honest - but having received the update email I thought I'd give it another go.

Now the thing won't turn on. Anyone else had this?

I've emailed Satmap and assume I'll have to send it back to them for them to reload the software or something.

I'm not surprised you had given up if you were using v1.16. I don't know if the jump directly from 1.16 to 1.3 has caused the problem, though Satmap should have allowed for this. I have version 1.2 but it is probably better that you wait for Satmaps reply. On that point I would advise a phone call, as at the moment there is bound to be a backlog of email queries.
nonoftheabove
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about carefully unplugging the battery caddy AND OR the rechargable battery.
I upgraded from 1.2 to latest and the thing obstinately refused to switch on- after working like a dream just a week earlier.
The thing then fired up and took bloody ages to get a fix But it did function

Why i know not- but its worth a try while you await the response from Satmap:- if you have to return unit the turn round time is QUICk
ManchesterRambler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Satmap did reply and advised reloading the software. Connecting to the PC woke the A10 up and I'm now awaiting a full charge before trying the new version out.

Glad to read that the software improvements since 1.16 have made a difference. As things stand I have to say that this device has been disappointing to say the least.
ocam
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManchesterRambler wrote:

Glad to read that the software improvements since 1.16 have made a difference. As things stand I have to say that this device has been disappointing to say the least.

I'm interested to know whether 1.3 works, I have no interest in hearing about 1.16!
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocam wrote:
I'm interested to know whether 1.3 works, I have no interest in hearing about 1.16!
There is nothing stopping you from downloading and installing the new software - I have had no issues with it since I updated the device - Mike
drpeej
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just upgraded from 1.2 - 1.3

Result = frozen Satmap even after removing and refitting battery.

Fortunately a re-installation of 1.3 has got it working again

Phew!

Peter
terry8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just completed my first walk since downloading version 1.3, and very impressed. One small irritant, whilst having the facility to lock the map page while walking, if you have the auto screen to switch off say every 1 minute, when screen goes down you have to push power button and unlock to enable backlight to come on. After doing this a few time decided to leave system unlocked, which seems a waste of a potentially good feature, or is it something I am not doing

Terry
drpeej
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
if you have the auto screen to switch off say every 1 minute, when screen goes down you have to push power button and unlock to enable backlight to come on.

Absolutely agree. I have just found this out while out on my bike with 1.3 for the first time.

This definitely needs fixing

Peter
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have discovered an annoying feature of the new update.

Each time I switch it on, it makes "MyTrack9" the active route. If I select "no active route" and power off, It reverts to the last track recoded on switch on.

I did a complete reset after upgrade.

Before I log it with Satmap, is anyone else getting this?

I assume no one else is getting this problem!

Satmap have ben very helpful, though they have not been able to recreate the problem.

They sent me an SD card which did a complete install of version 1.3, rather than an incremental install from the website. It took about 5 minutes to do the installation and I think it reformated the flash memory as well. Certainly it deleted all my files and settings and opened with a language selection screen as I am sure I read somewhere should have happened with the upgrade.

Unfortunately, it has not resolved the problem which is irritating as I have to remember to select "no route active" each time I switch it on - real pain.

If no one else has reported the problem and Satmap can't recreate it and a complete reinstallation of the firmware fails to fix it, then I am bewildered. Really doesn't seem like hardware, which I think only leaves my particular combination of settings.

I don't think it is the map card as I have tried turning off and on with no card , but get the same result.

Is anyone able to recreate this,as it still seems like a bug?

Help very much appreciated.
[/quote]
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have discovered an annoying feature of the new update.

Each time I switch it on, it makes "MyTrack9" the active route. If I select "no active route" and power off, It reverts to the last track recoded on switch on......

I do get the problem, but only when I have one track loaded. Once it has multiple tracks to choose from it correctly goes to No route active.
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Thanks Jonesbach. you're a star!

Just done a circuit of my garden so that I now have two tracks in the internal memory and it seems ok.

I don't normally have more than the last track - converted at the end of my walk in the internal memory. I always have loads of tracks on the SD card where I copy them straight away because I have had a problem with tracks disappearing (see other threads). I am hoping that the complete install Satmap had me do, might sort out any gremlins in the memory so that I don't lose any more tracks.

I guess this is what they describe as "an undocumented feature". It certainly had Satmap scratching their heads.

Out of interest, was this present in previous versions? You came back with the solution so quickly.

Cheers again. Andy

PS why do forums never have spell checkers?
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4ndynorfolk wrote:
Very Happy Thanks Jonesbach. you're a star!

Just done a circuit of my garden so that I now have two tracks in the internal memory and it seems ok.

I don't normally have more than the last track - converted at the end of my walk in the internal memory. I always have loads of tracks on the SD card where I copy them straight away because I have had a problem with tracks disappearing (see other threads). I am hoping that the complete install Satmap had me do, might sort out any gremlins in the memory so that I don't lose any more tracks.

I guess this is what they describe as "an undocumented feature". It certainly had Satmap scratching their heads.

Out of interest, was this present in previous versions? You came back with the solution so quickly.

Cheers again. Andy

PS why do forums never have spell checkers?

You must have a lovely big garden, I have to walk down the street to create a route.

It certainly never showed up on my machine prior to this upgrade, and like you I normally keep the memory clear and have only one file installed.

They do. Not particularly clear I admit, but look carefully at the word Satmap next time you edit a reply.
jonesbach
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
....They do. Not particularly clear I admit, but look carefully at the word Satmap next time you edit a reply.....

Apologies, they don't, Embarassed but if you use Firefox as your browser you get spell checking. Whether this is a Firefox or GPW facility I don't know.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: