Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SatMap Forum Presence
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SatMap Forum Presence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: SatMap Forum Presence Reply with quote

It was stated in another thread that SatMap have taken a concious decision not to respond to forums.Well personally I don't think that this attitude is good enough.Does this mean that when they get their own forum up and running they won't respond to that either.

SatMap is basically an excellent product but I think decisions like that coupled with the promises that never seem to materialise on time are souring peoples views towards SatMap ( the company ).

We have all paid around £300 or so plus mapping for this product,which is relatively new,so of course there are questions and queries about it and I would have thought that SatMap,if only through common courtesy ,could respond to some of our queries if only once a week.They didn't seem to hesitate when taking our money.

If everyone with a query e-mailed or rang SatMap with their problem they would be snowed under so this forum is doing them a favour and I think a response of some sort is required.

Ian
Rogerfrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know that they don't reply on this Forum?
Perhaps some of the many very useful replies here have come from them under a pseudonym?
Rogerfrit
p.s. It's not me though.....
Bosun
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't really see the point in that.

Surely they would want to be seen to be assisting their customers.

Ian
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerfrit wrote:
How do you know that they don't reply on this Forum?
Perhaps some of the many very useful replies here have come from them under a pseudonym?
Rogerfrit
p.s. It's not me though.....

If they did we would delete them. Posting under assumed names in that way is frowned upon.

We encourage manufacturers to participate openly but you have to understand that there are many reasons why the would choose not to.

A forum is quite unlike any other form of interaction that a company may have with its customers. It can on occasion be more like a public lynching than a useful method of keeping in touch!

Forums are not always the best option but a website with up to date information that keeps everyone informed is and currently Satmap's website falls far short of that!
johno99
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now dont get me wrong here because I use a number of forums such as this one for different reasons and I think they are invaluable for hints tips etc, but! If you have any complaints over the units freezing lack of a forum, lack of a route planner etc, then email, write or phone them direct. All the time you are putting those type of issues on this forum where they cant be sorted and are probably not being read by Satmap you are wasting your time.

All your comments about these items must be sent to Satmap as I'm sure the more complaints and comments they receive direct the more likely they are to do something about it.

How do we know that they are aware that we are annoyed by the fact that we have been promised an on line route planner if they dont read this forum for instance?

May I suggest that we all email them every week asking for information etc and see if that brings results.

Thanks

John
em194543
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with johno99, whilst forums are invaluable resources for sharing problems / solutions they are in no way a substitute for a good old fashion phone call or even an email to the manufacturer, informing them of the problem, or view.

I'm sure if a manufacturer of goods said that they wouldn't support you, but rather you had to trawl around to find an answer then you wouldn't be too happy, so how can you expect the same of the manufacturer to have to go looking for problems their customers may be having rather than the customer just telling them, although i agree that would take their level of customer service from plain old normal to exceptional.

As Johno99 suggests lets all email them regarding this, i'm sure they will get sick of it eventually and post the route planner / forum / software updates, just to quieten the masses! Very Happy

Thanks

Mark
IanHibbert
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

However, when you phone or mail the answer to almost all questions is....'yes, absolutely agree, we do have a fix and it'll be available 'next week'! This has been the format for about a year...perhaps it's an auto response unit? Rolling Eyes
em194543
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try pressing some buttons on the phone keypad, see if you can get a different response Laughing

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: