Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - The PocketGPSWorld.com Suggestion Box
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

The PocketGPSWorld.com Suggestion Box
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GerryC
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As MaFt said, I'm not sure what you mean. From what it appears you are asking, the "speed zoned" set fits the bill perfectly. You'll get fixed cameras, mobile cameras etc all broken down by speed. We recommend using different warnings and distances for the different types of camera. If you want to use less, then you can choose not to use the unverified pmobile set and the redlight set.

The file you are looking for by the way is mapsettings.cfg which is in the same folder as the map data and camera files (I assume you have a TomTom). It doesn't always work after a map upgrade but there are ways around that that seem to work most of the time as well.
Brodit ProClip mount
PGA_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the prompt reply. I am already using the zoned, just trying to cut down the work setting up the warnings!

If the mapsettings.cfg file holds the warining settings (tomtom), then that will resolve having to reset each time.

many thanks for you help!

Regards

Pete
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGA_UK: ok, i follow you now! would you actually want redlight and average speeds all alerted to in the same way with no distinction between the types? also the pmobile and mobile together as a single file even though they are quite different in terms of accuracy?

as for the warn when near settings you can take a copy of 'mapsettings.cfg'

MaFt
PGA_UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MaFt

Not so much mobile, more fixed cameras grouped by speed. However,now I know which file contains the settings for warnings, I don't think it will be an issue anymore since I can recover my warnings by restoring the file!

Many thanks

Pete
johnyeo1947
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Fixed cameras in France Reply with quote

Are you aware of the following site

http://radars.securite-routiere.gouv.fr/metropole

which gives all fixed camera locations. I wondered if it would be useful to cross-check with your database.

Regards - johnyeo1947
StevePlym
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:06 am    Post subject: Batch entry for additiion / deletion of cameras Reply with quote

I travel the A38 between Plymouth and Exeter regularly and find myself making corrections to the database from time to time.

Having to "refocus" the map after every correction becomes a slight pain. Is it possible to somehow facilitate "batch" entries so that I can just mark the camera on the map, post its details, add it to a list and submit all at once?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Batch entry for additiion / deletion of cameras Reply with quote

StevePlym wrote:
I travel the A38 between Plymouth and Exeter regularly and find myself making corrections to the database from time to time.

Having to "refocus" the map after every correction becomes a slight pain. Is it possible to somehow facilitate "batch" entries so that I can just mark the camera on the map, post its details, add it to a list and submit all at once?

there are 2 options:

1) browse the map and make a note of all the camera id's you need to edit then when you send the submission you can just type in the id number and use the "autofill current details" button so you don't have to find it on the map again

2) if you have a lot of amendments to make then you can email cameras AT pocketgpsworld.com with the details but remember your username!!

MaFt
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Re: Batch entry for additiion / deletion of cameras Reply with quote

StevePlym wrote:

Having to "refocus" the map after every correction becomes a slight pain.

The same thing was said about the submission map for other POIs and a simple workround was mentioned.....

When you have hit "Submit" and the screen has changed to say thank you, don't click on "make another submission" just hit the "back" button on your browser and that should take you back to the same area of the map you were on before.

I'm guessing the same thing would work for the camera submission map?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: Batch entry for additiion / deletion of cameras Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
[{SNIP}just hit the "back" button on your browser and that should take you back to the same area of the map you were on before.
Shame our maps do not do what you might expect them to do by default though. I have found the (default) behaviour after clicking the 'submit another' and having to refocus the map a bit off putting as well. Sad I hadn't picked up on the 'back' button tip. Confused
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok guys, try it now - i've edited the submission confirmation page to have 2 options: 1) submit camera in same location or 2) go back to the main map view

MaFt
FantasticPlace
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idea Idea!

Many of us drive to and from the same old place every day, to and from work. We know the route inside out, no need for satnav.

Then we get a week off, drive somewhere different and need an updated Safety Camera database. After the week away, the satnav is flung in the back of a drawer, not to be used again for another umpteen months.

My suggestion therefore would be a £5 or £10 subscription but which only gives updates for a month or a quarter, a kind off PAYG option.

Thank you.
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FantasticPlace wrote:
Idea Idea!

My suggestion therefore would be a £5 or £10 subscription but which only gives updates for a month or a quarter, a kind off PAYG option.

Thank you.

Hi and welcome.

There used to be a monthly £2 subscription but it was withdrawn as it wasn't a big enough incentive against piracy. (i.e. people would only loose £2 each time we caught them).
actd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've posted this in the Nissan Connect thread also, so apologies for the double posting - this seems a more appropriate place.

Because of the fact that you can't remove the inbuilt database from the Connect, and it doesn't seem to display mobile sites, I was wondering if it's possible to request a change to the speed camera database download - would it be possible to have a radio button to select each type of camera with a further option of a "from" date for when the camera was added for each type - if the date is left blank, then all records for that type are added. This would allow me to add all mobile cameras, but and fixed cameras for only the last 3 months say - this would effectively "top up" my in built database so I don't get the annoying double warning of most fixed cameras.

If this is not worthwhile, would it at least be possible to have the option to have the date added to the download so I could achieve the above in excel?
GPSBear
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Forum for dashcams? Reply with quote

Hi

Seeing as you often feature new/improved dashcams I wonder if a forum category would be in order?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Guestbook and Feedback All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: