Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iCN 610 - Screen wants USB connection?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iCN 610 - Screen wants USB connection?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark510
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: iCN 610 - Screen wants USB connection? Reply with quote

I have acquired a s/h unit. When I switch it on after the startup screen it goes straight to a screen asking for a USB connection. The icons are a PC - usb lead - iCN600. If I connect to my PC with a USB lead it shows a connection between the PC and the iCN but nothing else happens.

My PC recognises new hardware but wants software. When I try and load the software (SmartST V 3) it will not autorun and I can't find a setup programme.

Anyone got any ideas?
robertn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The software will not auto-run if it is already installed. Have a look and see if you have Navman / Smartst softwrae installed.
mark510
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say have a look to see if the software is installed do you mean on the sat nav or the computer. My computer won't recognise the unit. It asks for drivers and says insert CD which I have done but notheing happens. The unit has an sd card in but I can't see what that has on it.

I think it may be faulty.

Mark
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you get any SmartST software for your PC? Either SmartST V3 or, possibly, SmartST2005? If you haven't installed this software onto your PC first then the PC will not recognise the device.

The iCN6xx series didn't run under WinCE, so you can't explore the device using Windows Explorer or anything like that.
mark510
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I have SmartST Version 3.0. The trouble is when I stick the disk in the PC it does nothing. I have tried to find a setup programme on the disk but it just seems to be maps. The disks are in a box and there are three of them. I'm wondering whether there is a setup disk missing.

If someone has used it previously and registered it with Navman does this disable it for any other users.

I was wondering whether the setup software is on the sd card? Can I get the software now?
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmartST has, in the past, come on four disks; one for the application and three for the maps. The OS is on the device's internal memory from my recollection, with maps being either on internal memory or SD card.

Previous use and registration should not disable the unit. Once it has the maps on internal memory and/or SD card and they've been registered to the device then it should work. It sounds as though there is no application on the device.

Does the SD card have a Navman sticker/brand on it. Can you view its contents with a card reader? Did you get an activation code with the map disks?

It might be worth a call to Navman to see if they can send you out a new SmartST v3 application disk.
mark510
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for that. I think you must be right and a disk is missing. I will contact Navman and see if I can get a replacement.

I haven't got an sd card reader so I will have to borrow one from a friend tonight and try that. The sd card is a Navman one and says GB on it so I assume that is the maps.

I will let you know if I have any success.

thanks
mark510
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried the card in a card reader last night but there is nothing on it; it just says do you want to format the card when I click on it.

Is it possible that the system is shipped with a blank card from Navman so that you can copy certain maps to it and this card has never been utilised by whoever owned it in the past.

I have contacted Navman but had to send my request for a new disc by email. I don't know how long it will take for a reply. Is there anyone out there with a copy of the application software for SmartST V.3 or know where I can get hold of it.

Thanks

Mark

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: