Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Record Own Instructions ghosted on 930T
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Record Own Instructions ghosted on 930T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
930tPaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Record Own Instructions ghosted on 930T Reply with quote

Hi, Just for fun I thought I would try to record m own driving instructions on my new 930T. Unfortunatly the button for doing so is ghosted out.

Why would this be? What do I need to do to get it UN ghosted.

I am using software 8.010

Thanks

Paul

p.s. also what's with the "TAKE THE B THREE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY FOUR" Since when have we been saying road numbers like that. I thought we say "B THREE THREE FOUR FOUR". Saying it as one long number is hard to understand in a hurry. I have to replay it in my head several times for it to sink in.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Record Own Instructions ghosted on 930T Reply with quote

930tPaul wrote:

p.s. also what's with the "TAKE THE B THREE THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY FOUR" Since when have we been saying road numbers like that. I thought we say "B THREE THREE FOUR FOUR". Saying it as one long number is hard to understand in a hurry. I have to replay it in my head several times for it to sink in.

This one has been mentioned a few times before and unfortunately it's US who are inconsistent.

We may say "B three three four four, but we DON'T say "B one oh oh"
- we say "B one hundred"

We don't say "A four oh" - we say "A forty".

We say "A one oh one" but we also say "A one twenty".

For a poor little brain like a TomTom to work out which way to say every number with all these different ways would take too much effort.

You'll soon get used to it's little ways!
930tPaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If road-number = round figure i.e. 100, 1000, 200 etc read as number
if road-number < 100 read as number
else read as digits

Not TOO hard for a 400Mhz processor Smile
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A, Forty Twenty"? Wink

Anyway, back to the real problem....
I assume you aren't trying to do this in the "Home" on-screen emulator? I think that's one of the things that don't work, like TTS voices.

Have you tried a reset? (pin-hole on base)
Have you tried a "return to factory settings" (from the menu) - you'll lose your personal settings with this one.

Lots of the clever "voice" stuff seems interconnected, I find if I lose voice recognition I also lose TTS voices and a return to factory settings fixes both. It might work for your issue too.

EDIT: I just went to check if it got disabled if you'd selected a non-TTS voice and found mine is greyed out too at the moment! So I'm in the same boat as you...

I don't have a recent backup on this PC at work, so it will be an hour or two before I can test anything.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update:
For me, the solution was easy...
The icon next to it is "Enable/disable Recorded voice". If it reads "enable" and DOESN'T have the red cross, then you need to tap it once to enable it. That brings back the "Record voice" option.
930tPaul
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
"A, Forty Twenty"? Wink

Yes I thought of that one too when the tomtom said "A three hundred and eighty". Still, that's only one more rule to add. Smile

Regarding the speech... Both of my recorded speech buttons are greyed out, so I cannot enable it. I just tried doing a reset and it's made no difference. I cannot remember if this was working before I updated to 8.010 as I'd only had it 30 minutes before I updated. Sad

EDIT: I did a factory reset now too and this has worked. HOORAY. I want to take it with me when I am a passenger in a car and have it say things like "After 50 yards take the Oh Sh** you've missed it" Smile
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My TomTom supplied camera database alerts me with "Bu**er me, I've actually found a camera!" Cool

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: