Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Which Nokia is best for camera + geotagged pictures?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Which Nokia is best for camera + geotagged pictures?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilsoncpu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Which Nokia is best for camera + geotagged pictures? Reply with quote

I have seen reviews of the Nokia 6110, 6220, N82 and N95.
The one that most clearly seems to do automatic geotagging of the pictures taken is the N6220, which also gets good marks for the quality of the pictures taken. I'm in the US, but I think these are all now available here.

1) Does anyone have experience with any of these and can speak to the ease of the geotagging? I would prefer it to be fully automatic, so once it's set up I can forget about it and all pictures taken will be geotagged.

2) How good are the pictures? I want better than a cheap digital camera, but understand that a "real" camera will always be better. That said, 5Mp and Zeiss lenses should get me something.

3) Will the phone work in Europe as well as the US? What is involved in getting it to work over there, or is it transparent? (If expensive.)

My main interest is in the picture quality and ease of tagging; I have a cheap European-area phone I can use if need be. Of course, if one device does everything, that would be excellent news.
mattstachurski
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the Nokia N95 8gb, and take quite a few geotagged photos with work, you will need to put on a programme called nokia location tagger find it here. http://www.nokia.com/betalabs/locationtagger once this is on the phone it is fully automatic, you just have to wait for the gps to lock on, maybe a minute or so. I also use it with flickr so when you upload your photos online all the information is with the photo. (that seems the easiest way to get location map of where photos have been taken!)
see http://www.flickr.com/groups/nokialocationtagger/ you can look at the photos people have taken on various nokias and make your own mind up on quality. just click on a photo and all the information you need is there. I'm very happy with mine, the only thing about camera phones is the lack of zoom but if you dont mind no zoom go for it. I would recommend mine to anyone however it may be worth waiting for the N96 which should be coming soon!!! looks same as N95 but with a card slot, but with 8gb memory anyway you may not need it!!! hope this makes sense and is what you were after!!
philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the same s/w with my Nokia 6110 - works very well.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: