Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - new snooper sirius truckmate (HGV)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

new snooper sirius truckmate (HGV)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trevor87
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: new snooper sirius truckmate (HGV) Reply with quote

hi has any one tryed the new snooper sirius truckmate ?its supposed to be just for truckers ? large veh ie you can input your weight, length, width, height,etc and has on the mapping system low bidges weight restrictions, etc etc but at £375.00 its not that cheap ?and the £99.00 for the updates so before i buy iwas wondering if any one has used one at all ? reguards trevor
john2489
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Hi, Ive just brought it and found it to be 100 times better than the Tom Tom that I used to use as it actualy routes you on sensible routes. it also warns you when there are traffic problems and you can re-route again on a sensible route. excellent buy!!! and the 99 pond safety thing is included in the 375 price tag.
It also has a feature to put in type of truck for example rigid or trailer, etc and type of load for example empty, normal, or hazardous, etc.
John
HytheMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 3:31 pm    Post subject: Not Bad Reply with quote

Hi, i have just brought snooper syrius truckmate, i find it quite good but there are issues like any gps software, when i got mine i had to send SD card back for updating, so i could use it in my car as well as truck which is free, and the manual for truck setup is a bit vague, the mapping and safety cameras seems to be right upto date, bridges weight restrictions and alike seem a bit hit or miss, but this seems to be a navteq issue as i rang them about this and he said this would all be fine by end of year, thing is do you beleave or not, i think i will sick with it, as its better than copilot.
paul01442
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
I will be starting a new job next week hgv on the petrol tankers and I'm looking at getting the snooper truckmate, Where is the best/cheapest place to buy it from ? do they all come with the £99 free camera update and is there any monthly charge for updates, if so have you any idea how much they are.....?

Thanks
Paul
lop48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know what file format the poi are in ?
dinosteveus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lop48 wrote:
does anyone know what file format the poi are in ?

Good question and it seems like nobody has the answer Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
I'd like to know how to aqdd POI's and MP3's. Embarassed
Please, can anybody help? Question
HytheMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Snooper Truckmate Reply with quote

Hi Guys,
There seems to be a lot of confusion with snooper syrius truckmate, you cannot put any of your own POI's, its updated from there site and DVD which is sent, i have been using since April and have had 1 free DVD update, if you looking for a 100% no errors system this is not it, and its a lot of money, issues i have are
1. Speed cameras dont also alert you, to be honest if i was paying for speed camera data i wouldnt be happy.
2 Speed cameras reporting 50 when should be 40
3. Not all bridges are installed.
4. Dont bother setting bridge heights it doesnt work, its just avoids all bridges if know about.
5. I get all sorts of warnings, from bends when on a straight road to none existent weight limits, bridges and speed cameras.
6. A warning of a bent to right when its actually to left.
7. Routing sometimes is strange, especially in London.
8. Dont bother reporting speed cameras, they dont answer and dont seem interested in your views.
9. When you set a routing using Via points it doesnt save via points, just address
I paid £420 for this system and its far from right, and its not the easiest system to use either, but which one is.
dinosteveus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Snooper Truckmate Reply with quote

HytheMan wrote:
Hi Guys,
There seems to be a lot of confusion with snooper syrius truckmate, you cannot put any of your own POI's, its updated from there site and DVD which is sent, i have been using since April and have had 1 free DVD update, if you looking for a 100% no errors system this is not it, and its a lot of money, issues i have are
1. Speed cameras dont also alert you, to be honest if i was paying for speed camera data i wouldnt be happy.
2 Speed cameras reporting 50 when should be 40
3. Not all bridges are installed.
4. Dont bother setting bridge heights it doesnt work, its just avoids all bridges if know about.
5. I get all sorts of warnings, from bends when on a straight road to none existent weight limits, bridges and speed cameras.
6. A warning of a bent to right when its actually to left.
7. Routing sometimes is strange, especially in London.
8. Dont bother reporting speed cameras, they dont answer and dont seem interested in your views.
9. When you set a routing using Via points it doesnt save via points, just address
I paid £420 for this system and its far from right, and its not the easiest system to use either, but which one is.

I contacted Snooper about a couple of 'things' that are naff with this Sat Nav. The Music did not work and there are no truck stop poi's.
Snooper replied saying there is an update due at the end of September that will add better Trucker poi's. They also gave me details on the music problem.
As for a 'Truckers Sat Nav', I'd say it was a waste of money, it's very good for a 'normal' sat nav but far too expensive. If I knew then what I know now I'd save my money and buy a TomTom
HytheMan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Not Just Me Than Reply with quote

Seems like snooper truckmate is starting to get some very unhappy customers, maybe they might take some notice, doesnt do what it says on the box, the 8 point i mentioned above are just some of the probs i have with truckmate, the most annoying for me though is the speed cameras and the bridges, seems like all the cameras are on there but they just dont always alert me, so im constantly looking at my truckmate for cameras ahead, i feel these 2 points should be 100% before release, we can all dream though, when theres money involved companies dont really care.
dinosteveus
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes and some very low Bridges on the M1 up north. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes I don't think so. It went mental for ages telling me I'm coming to a low bridge, there was no bridge, low or otherwise. This came up 4 times in total.
RUBBISH. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Snooper you are selling rubbish that needs sorting.
mightymart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the new snooper truckmate s600 has anyone tried it yet ? cheaper than the s2000 or is the writing on the wall, 600 being less than 2000 !, you get what you pay for ????
Clarkmeister
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Syrius Truckmate Reply with quote

Sounds to me from the problems being reported here that some of you guys are using old Truckmate software. I reckon I was one of the first to pick up this unit and at first it was pretty basic. However as promised they have delivered all the free updates as and when available. I am on version 4 now, just released. Some of the things now improved. Sharp bends can be switched on or off, there was an additional updater with low bridge data that you can add. It did give alerts but sometimes they could be on an adjacent road, probably the issue that the guy with low bridge alerts on the M1 experienced. Anyway all that additional data has now been incorporated in to the main system. You don't have to download it and it routes round it. They have also changed the routing software which is now far superior. It has a security pin code setting now as well. I have never had an issue with the speed camera alerts, they have always been spot on. In my view the product if you have the correct software version 1.3.1.10 is brilliant. Despite what has been said below I think it does exactly what it says on the tin. In addition I have always find the customer services team very accomodating and supportive. I guess not everyone's experience is going to be the same but for me it's been a life saver.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The above poster has been banned for using multiple IDs (and his alter ego's are now banned). Multiple posts from the same IP all in support of Snooper.

Draw your own conclusions!
mightymart
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there no way Pocket GPS can get it hands on a Truckmate & give us a truthful review ?
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of our guys at work has it and he swears by it though it is good its not infalable

if you have a pda then personally id save some money and go for directions navigator truck. where the data is in place it does work ie avoiding bridges etc using more main roads

this does use teleatlas data and is also avaialble for the pc

were hoping to get a good look at a pronav soon

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: