Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - NavNGo Launch iGO MyWay 8 at CeBit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

NavNGo Launch iGO MyWay 8 at CeBit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: NavNGo Launch iGO MyWay 8 at CeBit Reply with quote

Hungarian software company NavNGo have launched their newest software, iGo MyWay 8. This has been in the pipeline for some time now but has already featured in a handful of devices such as Sony’s Go! Explore for PSP and Mio’s C620 PND.

The new OEM version comes on a 2GB micro-SD card with adaptors for mini-SD and full size SD - the software is locked to the card so you cannot transfer it to a larger capacity card. It includes maps of both Western and Eastern Europe and features 43 languages.

The major selling point for iGO MyWay 8 is the 3D navigation which has been covered by PocketGPSWorld snce it was first announced last year. We will aim to review the full version in the very near future!

As per iGO 2006, UK distribution is being handled by Nemesis with further distributors in the pipeline. It retails at €149 (approx £110)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you are there could you ask if the application/ maps etc will be made available on larger cards as a customer option?

In this day and age a 2GB card is far to restrictive IMHO, and the tiny TF cards are too easy to lose so swapping them in and out of modern devices is not viable - I wouldn't want anything less than 4GB of free storage space on any card that comes pre-loaded with navigation software - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is and will always be a cost issue. The headline price and production costs are key here and supplying a larger card which adds nothing to the software experience is a tough pill to swallow.

It may only be a £1 or £2 extra but these costs add up and cannot be recouped.

The only issue is where the software is locked to the card, in those cases they really ought to cater for those who wish to install to a larger card, perhaps an applet that allows you to authorise/de-authorise as necessary?
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest software will be locked to the card, and from what I understand it will be on a 2GB card.
reteb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was soooo looking forward to this...

but now we find it is locked to a miserable 2Gb card, but I'm using an 8Gb already. There is no chance that I would consider swapping the card in and out on a regular basis and I'm hardly going to throw away my 8Gb.

and now the price, a stunning 149 Euro!

Sorry, but I'm not buying

Reteb
portman
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks pretty good in the youtube clip. 149euros sounds a bit steep. What i like is the on screen buttons are a size you can actually use, up to now on many satnavs they have been small to allow you more space to see the map, which is all well and good but you can often hit the wrong button.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2gb card with approx 320mb free

MaFt
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are going to make it run on an iPhone then they must provide a cardless installation somehow. There is no external storage device on the iPhone so the maps must go into the main storage.

There is hope that you may be able to install it to a PDA in a similar manner. This is all speculation and not any form of inside knowledge.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: