Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Why did I not get my submission award?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Why did I not get my submission award?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marc_holmes wrote:
I got a "free lifetime subscription" this week. Totally unexpected (never expected to finally be a "first") but entirely appeciated.

Good work and Welcome !

marc_holmes wrote:
What's worrying me is that it expires on October 14th 2028.

I think that's the biggest number they could think of. Life will go on! Laughing

Darren et al, perhaps we could have a sticky thread for people to announce that they have gotten free lifetime membership as a bit of balance against the people who have reported a single camera and are miffed that they didn't get a free membership?

The other possibility is that you could change the Forum Rank of lifers to "Lifetime Member" or something to re-enforce the fact that real people can and do get free membership.

The other thing that worries me a little bit is that we can be a bit grumpy with people from time to time. I know the "why aren't I a life member" rant comes up quite a bit and it has been answered so many times but I think we need to be a little bit diplomatic here. The people are contributors and (most times) subscribers.

Let's not ever forget that we need their help and the site wouldn't work without them!
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
...something clever...

Bravo that person, well said. I agree with everything that Dennis says about you! Wink

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with many forums is there is always a group of regulars that almost rule the roost and if you don't fit in...

One thing that many like about this forum is the welcoming nature of the locals, and if we start acting like a mob with everyone who fails to read the right notice we'll find that slippery slope.

if1977
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
The other possibility is that you could change the Forum Rank of lifers to "Lifetime Member" or something to re-enforce the fact that real people can and do get free membership.

I also think this would be a great idea Skippy and would let other people know that alot of people do have lifetime subscription and it is not a con, however i would also like people to think of the accuracy of the database rather than trying to get a lifetime membership. I also have a lifetime membership and IMHO i did'nt report the cameras to get it but to keep the database as accurate as possible and will keep on reporting them even if for some reason the lifetime memberships were removed it would not bother me as £19 a year is buttons for what you are getting in this site.
GO 510 (in drawer now, time for upgrade)
mrg2003
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: Re: Why did I not get my submission award? Reply with quote

gixerboy wrote:
Why did I not get my submission award? The camera was not on your map and when I reported it, two days later you added it to the map & its on the lastest update, yet I never got a submission award. Why not, who reported it before me?

Are the camera submission awards genuine?

Stop whining, use one of the many free alternatives.
RobBrady
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Why did I not get my submission award? Reply with quote

mrg2003 wrote:
gixerboy wrote:
Why did I not get my submission award? The camera was not on your map and when I reported it, two days later you added it to the map & its on the lastest update, yet I never got a submission award. Why not, who reported it before me?

And of course the 'Free' alternatives, which are not only well out of date (often years), are seeded with loads of errors and are worth as much as you pay for them, i.e. absolutely nothing!

Bearing in mind we made over 600 changes in the last month, you shouldn't even trust a database that is over a month old, let alone a dodgy copy that is full of holes!

Hopefully gixerboy, you will stick with us and may even get a lifetime membership in time... and then, of course, you can get the best database for free Very Happy
gixerboy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: Why did I not get my submission award? Reply with quote

robbrady wrote:
mrg2003 wrote:
gixerboy wrote:

And of course the 'Free' alternatives, which are not only well out of date (often years), are seeded with loads of errors and are worth as much as you pay for them, i.e. absolutely nothing!

Bearing in mind we made over 600 changes in the last month, you shouldn't even trust a database that is over a month old, let alone a dodgy copy that is full of holes!

Hopefully gixerboy, you will stick with us and may even get a lifetime membership in time... and then, of course, you can get the best database for free Very Happy

robbrady, thanks mate I will be sticking around even though by asking a genuine question I don't feel very welcome!

mrg2003, I paid my money mate to use the downloads from the site, and very helpfull they have been. I have even been trying to put something back into the site by keeping my eyes open for new cameras etc. OK I have only reported one but at I am trying. Maybe due to the way I talk my comments didn't come across the way I wished them to.

But mrg2003, where do you get off saying I am whining, if you know of free sites to use mate, then off you trot matey! Wink I m sure they will like your constructive comments!!
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Re: Why did I not get my submission award? Reply with quote

gixerboy wrote:
robbrady, thanks mate I will be sticking around even though by asking a genuine question I don't feel very welcome!

I wouldn't worry too much about thier comments here, I feel you have been the unfortunate recipient of a sore subject, and a few have jumped on it. Shame on you all. Evil or Very Mad

Welcome you certainly are, and ask all the questions you like, and I think you may have already realized that the way you write comments can really effect the way people react. Just take care!

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Re: Why did I not get my submission award? Reply with quote

gixerboy wrote:

I'll also offer an apology, your post inadvertently struck a nerve, you weren't to realise it and you will hopefully discover that in all other respects we're both welcoming and friendly!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the team's defence, look back at the tone of the first post....
(but maybe we should all just "let it lie".... Group hug!)
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Taking the last round of awards as an example, we had about 60 qualifying submissions of which half were already lifers.

It does demonstrate that a large proportion of those who report and win an award continue to spot and report cameras.
(taken from this thread)

Trying to add a little humour to the "where's my my free subs?" debate...

If a member achieves a free lifetime subscription and subsequently makes a further qualifying submission, would these multiple lifetime subscriptions run consecutively or concurrently?
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:
If a member achieves a free lifetime subscription and subsequently makes a further qualifying submission, would these multiple lifetime subscriptions run consecutively or concurrently?

Evil or Very Mad
How many lives do you need, this isn't Pocket PlayStation World®.

Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPS_fan wrote:

You can choose Wink
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
How many lives do you need, this isn't Pocket PlayStation World®.

No, this is Pocket GPS World® Wink

...but one PGPSW lifetime is worth only 20 yrs

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: