Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Updating PGPSW speed camera d/base in v7
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Updating PGPSW speed camera d/base in v7
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Updating PGPSW speed camera d/base in v7 Reply with quote

Have just updated my X-970T from v6.5.4 to V7.0.2 (i.e. incl the latest patch on VM's site). All OK so far, very impressed with new GUI etc.

However I have now tried to load the latest PGPSW d/base released yesterday using Content Manager. All the existing cameras are there and have come across from v6.5.4 without problems and with the correct icons etc attached.

In the old version you could 'change' the cameras quite easily by replacing the existing .asc files with the new ones and attaching them to the existing icons.

However there doesn't seem to be this option in v7. Confused When I open My POIs , all my camera sub folders are there but all that seems to be offered is the option to change or delete each camera individually. There does not appear to be an option to manage these at a folder level.

Has anybody else encountered this? How do we overcome this? I would hope that we don't need to recreate a whole raft of new folders in v7.

Perhaps the PGPSW experts can update their otherwise excellent guidance to advise how to load/amend the camera d/base using v7 software. Very Happy
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just about to raise the exact same question but wasn't sure which thread to put it in.

It appears that each camera category is a folder, and each camera in that category is the item that can now be changed, not the folder as a whole as in v6.5.4.

It doesn't seem possible to re-associate the folder with the updated file.

Maybe we're missing something
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just found out that if you move the dividing bar between the folder and the contents box you reveal the change and delete options for the folder (sneaky)

You can then just re-associate the new file with each category in the same way as v6.

HTH
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmm, well spotted! In my case the Change and Delete options became available when I double clicked on the dividing bar, not when I moved it.

This has now offered me the chance to change and delete at a folder level but when I try to change the folder it seems to be hitting some kind of exception and either doing nothing or chucking me out of content manager It will however let me delete the folder if I choose to......
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right ....

I've tried to re-associate the files with categories but it won't let me use the icons. At first it said it can't use 22x22 pixels which I knew but had forgotten, so I resized them to 16x16. It then said that "SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixel formats"

Now every time I go to change a category it says the same thing, there is a drop down box with details but far to long to post here.

It looks like I'll be sticking to the VM cameras for now, until the issue of importing the PGPSW ones is sorted. I've run out of time today so good luck.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, at least I have the October PGPSW database on the unit so I just can't update it at the moment, ho hummmm

(and yes I had the same error message to do with set pixels)
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: Updating PGPSW speed camera d/base in v7 Reply with quote

perussell wrote:
Have just updated my X-970T from v6.5.4 to V7.0.2 (i.e. incl the latest patch on VM's site). All OK so far, very impressed with new GUI etc.

Perhaps the PGPSW experts can update their otherwise excellent guidance to advise how to load/amend the camera d/base using v7 software. Very Happy

How and where did you get V7 software? I have been constantly looking at the VM site but have not found any way to order the software.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How and where did you get V7 software? I have been constantly looking at the VM site but have not found any way to order the software.

Depends upon whether you are entitled to a free upgrade using a voucher (as we were) in which case some discs are now being sent out gradually or whether you need to purchase the upgrade from the website. I believe the purchasing option is not yet available but will be soon. Deepfour has provided some details in other threads in this forum.
michaelj2
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends upon whether you are entitled to a free upgrade using a voucher (as we were) in which case some discs are now being sent out gradually or whether you need to purchase the upgrade from the website. I believe the purchasing option is not yet available but will be soon. Deepfour has provided some details in other threads in this forum.[/quote]

Thank you. I will wait somewhat impatiently
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

michaelj2 wrote:
Depends upon whether you are entitled to a free upgrade using a voucher (as we were) in which case some discs are now being sent out gradually or whether you need to purchase the upgrade from the website. I believe the purchasing option is not yet available but will be soon. Deepfour has provided some details in other threads in this forum.

Thank you. I will wait somewhat impatiently[/quote]

Stu (deepfour) is apparantly trying to improve on the date it goes on sale on the website. He last mentioned 4th Dec as a date, but fingers crossed it maybe sooner.
perussell
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, having just used it for 4 hours "in anger" today it is well worth the wait. It is sooooooooooo much better. True there are still a few annoyances in the navigation around the menu but the whole GUI and layout is streets ahead of v6.

Now perhaps we can get back on track and find out how to load the cameras from PGPSW Very Happy
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

perussell wrote:
Trust me, having just used it for 4 hours "in anger" today it is well worth the wait. It is sooooooooooo much better. True there are still a few annoyances in the navigation around the menu but the whole GUI and layout is streets ahead of v6.

Now perhaps we can get back on track and find out how to load the cameras from PGPSW Very Happy

I don't know what it's like on other models but the v7 software on the x980t is really nice... makes such better use of the full screen size. Much more of the map is viewable while still having the turn indicator.
Not really had chance to use it much but what I have seen... I LIKE!!! Very Happy
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpikeyMikey said he got the error message:
Quote:
"SetPixel is not supported for images with indexed pixel formats"

Now every time I go to change a category it says the same thing, there is a drop down box

I have just hit the same problem, with ANY attempt even to create a folder in Content Manager now giving this error. I restarted CM, with no change.

However, when I created my first folder with its icon some days ago (Motorway Junctions from MaFt's POIs for the record) it worked fine. But today I tried POIs/icons from a different source and this is when the error happened - I then tried to recreate the Junctions file as a test, no joy.

(BTW I wish Deepfour all the best in keeping all the current balls in the air - queries (and even different points about the same problem) are now popping up over all sorts of topic threads!)
SpikeyMikey
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, now that the SetPixel problem's ironed out, what's going to be the right way to update the PGPSW database when it's next released?

Are we going to continue like we did for v6 i.e. CHANGE, repoint the category at the updated file and import it that way, obviously using the 16 x 16 icons; or will we just resynchronise the folder and it will all update automatically?

Any bets?
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Stu needs to get the problem with CHANGE sorted before we can definitely use that option. I have found that trying to update the filename in CHANGE just gets ignored (while there is also a problem with trying to do anything with the icon - causes an error to do with 'binding', presumably trying to link the icon with the file).

I've been using the slightly tedious DELETE/CREATE route to update my files. Maybe changing the contents of the source camera files directly will work as SpikeyMikey suggests (that would be nice!), but I'm not inclined to put my life savings on it at the moment!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: