Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Returned TMC-RDS - A word of Warning
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Returned TMC-RDS - A word of Warning

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aidi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Returned TMC-RDS - A word of Warning Reply with quote

After purchasing the TMC-RDS and finding much the same as everyone else that it didnt work, I requested a replacement. Next day a Special Delivery with the box to ship the old one back arrived, which i duly put back in the post.

Checked next afternoon that it had arrived on the Royal Mail website.. it had along with proof of delivery. A week later, no comments on my support ticket, so i called TomTom to find out what was going on..

After 20 mins of being on hold, some guy who had no enthusiasm answered to which i gave the details. He checked the RM Special Delivery and low and behold he found that it had been delivered, but couldnt do anything about it! "Ill tell my boss and see what he says" To which i promptly replied that if they had proof of delivery, why could they not just send out the replacement?

"We cant do that as we dont have the old one yet" Give me strength! I'll give them until Friday to sort this out and get an answer to me before i go down over avenues to resolve this.

If you send one back, and hear nothing for a few days start making some enquiries or you might end up in the same boat

Best Rgds
Aidi
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact them again but this time ask to speak with someone higher up the chain, this sort of mistake is not acceptable, point out they have your property and that you have proof of this fact, also request again that you want the replacement and have fullfilled your part of the returns policy in full - Mike
Aidi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, today i had an email from TomTom saying that my replacement TMC had been dispatched via UPS.

TomTom RDS-TMC Traffic Receiver EU v3.75 [M]

I am hoping this is the 0.13 upgraded TMC!

It has taken a month for them to get this shipped to me which as far as i am concerned is pretty disgraceful considering its a known problem. It has taken numerous phone calls to find out what was going on at my own expense.

Anyway, lets see what happens when it arrives!

Rgds
Aidi
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't stand for any of that nonsense.

I'd give them a reasonable period of grace (usually 2 weeks absolute tops), then I'd contact my credit card company and put the payment into dispute -

you paid

you returned a faulty item

they didn't replace it

hence they'd charged you for a product they hadn't provided

I would recommend anybody in a similar situation to contact Consumer Direct (formerly the consumer end of Trading Standards) and find out exactly where they stand - any retailer will tend to be more co-operative if they're threatened with Trading Standards, BBC Watchdog and disputed credit card transactions.

...but check the facts, so that you can be firm and knowledgeable. The idea that companies record phone calls for training purposes isn't necessarily the case - they record the phone calls to make sure that customers aren't abusive and if they are, these companies have the evidence to use against them

Further information can be found here
Jackaws
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just sent my TMC receiver back as it was the old '4V00.010.2'. Had much better service though.

Sent it overnight Tuesday, e-mail from TT on Wednesday a.m. to say they'd received it. E-mail on Thursday to say new TMC receiver had been despatched. Replacement arrived 10.00 a.m. Friday (today). Got the new version too.

Plugged it in, instant lock on to TMC channel. Set it up in the car (this one has a much longer aerial) and tried it during the morning. So far, so good. Solid green dot all day.

Gold star TomTom (for a change). Laughing

I can now cross this one off my list of 4 outstanding issues I'm awaiting feedback on! Shocked
Aidi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There seems to be no consistancy with their support. There's you a happy customer, and me totally fustrated and pretty irked by the whole situation.

If this is the norm, then their Head Honcho's must scratch their heads when they get the yearly support stats!!

Rgds
Aidi
Jackaws
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. It's frustrating. I've still got 3 posts outstanding via their web support. I seem to solve one thing, then another problem hits me.

If you can get through on the phone (and afford the phone bill) they're pretty good.

I'm really disappointed with the whole thing. Quality of product, support and service.

If I ran my business in this way, and produced products that 'fell over' every 5 minutes I'd go bust!

Keep trying and don't give up! Good luck!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Traffic Message Channel (TMC) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: