Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - I Cant get the speed camera database to work.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

I Cant get the speed camera database to work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ezy162
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: I Cant get the speed camera database to work. Reply with quote

i have tomtom mobile 5 and i ave europe but split into sections like benelux, france, uk etc. I have europe speed camera databse. I copy all of the Ov2 files with the .BMP and paste it into each folder but when i open tomtom there is no camera's, please help.

matt
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You say the cameras are not in the Map Folders.

Have you set up Warn When Near for each, and every, Folder? You will need to do it for every OV2 File you have copied, and in every Map!

Or have you got more than 39 POI categories in each Map, so that they don't show up in the List you Select from?

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Ezy162
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi richard thanks for the reply. I have got all the ov2 in the map folders, as i say there are 7 folders for different like france, spain etc. so i copied and pasted the ov2 into each one of them folders, and it is the europe camera databse i have.
I do not have more than 39 POIs, and alerts are set. They are just not showing on the map Sad, i also have a tomtom one 300 and still does not work. I have followed all the steps correctly and still no joy, any more advice?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ezy162 wrote:
I do not have more than 39 POIs, and alerts are set. They are just not showing on the map Sad,
Are you saying that you have setup the Warn When Near, or have you just Enabled them?

If Warn When Near is set up, you won't see the Icons on Browse Map. You will only see them in the Navigation Map. You will also only see them while using a Route if you ticked the Option, in the Warn When Near Menu, to Warn only if POI is on Route.

To see/hear them when using 'free' navigation you need to leave that Option unticked.

You also won't see them unless the Map is showing the area where the cameras are. If you have the France Map open, you would only see them if you use Browse Map and the Cameras have been Enabled. You wouldn't see them in the Navigation Map unless you were in France.

The Europe Database doesn't have any cameras for the UK. You need the UK File(s) for that.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Ezy162
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok richard, thanks. Everything is fine because when before they worked fine and this is just an update and i have replaced the ov2. So it should show with the settings i have. as for the uk, i have the may 07 database is this the most recent? if not can you post link to most recent thanks
Ezy162
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yay, i got it to work think i had to many options ticked BUT there arent very many cameras showing up in europe!!!! and its the june 07 version, any suggestions also is there an update from may 07 Speed camera databse? link?

cheers
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The large yellow box with a picture of a speed camera on it at the top left of this page is a link straight to the downloads page, click this and you will be taken to the page where you can select the latest database of your choice, out of interest where did you get the database you are currently using? - Mike
Ezy162
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i got mine from this site. is there a POI datbase i can download?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the left of this page is a hyperlink under Points Of Interest/ Download POI's - click that to be taken to the normal POI downloads page, don't forget you can only have upto 39 custom POI categories with the version of software you are using - Mike
Ezy162
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those POIs dont work. I extracted them and put it into the folder map and they havent appeared on the POI in tomtom?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They most certainly do work, but you are using TT Mobile version 5 which is limitted to 39 custom POI categories, check the number of files ending with an extension of .ov2 within the map folder - if there are more than 39 ov2 files that is your problem Rolling Eyes - Mike
Ezy162
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do custom ones include the cameraS?

also i want belgium aswell do i tick the box as well as the UK and plzce the download 'POIs' into the beligium and uk folder?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: