Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ban the Congesting charge
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ban the Congesting charge
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Last edited by Stargate2006 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Last edited by Stargate2006 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
...As I drove to London, my arrival time forecast went further and further back due to traffic at Bristol and Slough and I was hoping it would delay me until after 6pm, but it didn't...

You needed to see Marble Arch before they extended the zone in london. At 5:45 there were so many cars just driving up and down and around, just outside the zone waiting for the 6:00 free for all. I suspect its the same at kensington now?

HERE LIES PND May it rest in peace.
Navigon 7310/iPhone Navigon&Copilot
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so funny, so lets get this straight, you want to ban the CONGESTION charge because it is forcing people to use their bikes and public transport?

Isn't that the whole point of it?

So you are scared that your wife will be raped late at night on a bus with no Police around because of the congestion charge?

Can you remind me at what times the congestion charge is in operation in London?

You see Stargate you are saving billions of people from something that is happening in your head only.

To be honest it's not often I say this,but, you really scare me 8O

To old to die young.
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Classy can get excited at times but I have to agree with him!

Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostdom wrote:
You needed to see Marble Arch before they extended the zone in london. At 5:45 there were so many cars just driving up and down and around, just outside the zone waiting for the 6:00 free for all. I suspect its the same at kensington now?

Since Marble Arch is still in the free corridor, will things have changed?
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't say this often, but I also have to agree with classy56 on this one.

Do crime figures show an increase in the number of rapes, murders, alien abductions etc since the congestion charge was introduced?

I don't think we should get too carried away here and, if you start a thread, you are inviting other members to give their opinion by default and can't decide which member you do or don't want to post. You might want to ban the congestion charge, but it sounds like you also want to abolish democracy and freedom of speech in the process. Sad
mostdom
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
Since Marble Arch is still in the free corridor, will things have changed?

Since it is a major junction, possably, but I havn't been into the zone for ages so I haven't a clue. Wink

GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Stargate2006, i have to agree with the others, the thread was started for a debate on Ban the Congesting charge and that is what you have got, everybody is entitled to a view including you.
I know a few of us have gone a bit off topic at times, but if you don't drop in some humour on occassions, the subject can get a bit boring, then you have no replies.

Don't bite, when the b*******'s get you down chill out, think up a sarcastic reply and bite them back.

You joked about my Kleenex comment on page 1, but rather than laughter it sounds as if you are more in need of them for being upset.

Classy56 is only winding you up, all in good humour, i don't often agree with him (this is only the second time) but he has a point.
He does keep the topics interesting and all of us on our toes.

Keep it going but don't make it personal.
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa guys, lets get back to normal shall we, you are a bunch of speed freaks and should all be shot, preferably in the London congestion zone so we have to pay for the privilege to watch Laughing Laughing Laughing

To old to die young.
GPS_fan
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

classy56 wrote:
you are a bunch of speed freaks and should all be shot, preferably in the London congestion zone so we have to pay for the privilege to watch Laughing Laughing Laughing

aaahhh but you wouldn't be able to see from Dorset - so you'd have to pay the congestion charge to see it

therefore must be the only person who doesn't mind paying and you must also be that slow b*****d who always races to get in front of us when we're in a rush - you're the one who should be shot at dawn Laughing Gun Shoot Out Pistol Shoot Out

As far as this forum is concerned, your acts constitute treason, which still holds the death sentence :P

....and we'll all use that infamous (and invisible) coach of yours for the day trip to come and see it Wink
GJF
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I mainly don’t agree with Mayor Ken, I personally, don’t feel that the congestion charge is as bad as others make out.
Yes, I do use it and have no objection to the relative small fee required to enter London. As having had to drive in and out of London thousands of times over the years, I do find that although it might be congested it is no where as bad as it used to be. As a pedestrian I recently managed to cross Cannon Street and stop half way to look around, a few years ago I would have ended up looking like “road kill” for the mistake of stopping.

Along with vehicle control, the buildings are beginning to look better for not having all those extra toxic fumes hovering over them.

I also feel that London is more secure, as every vehicle registration is read and also more and more car tax dodgers are being caught.

I agree London isn’t safe on foot particularly at night, but that isn’t related to the Congestion Charge, more to do with this looney Government and it’s daft lenient policies on crime.

The only real difference to help London would be to ban the coaches taking up all that road space. A pitiful site is watching all those coach drivers sitting around waiting, biding time by polishing their steering wheels, but I suppose all the extra money they bring in with tourists keeps the city alive.
Woop's sorry going off subject again Embarassed
HTC Advantage X7500 MS 6.1 Tchart Speed Sentry
Satmap Active 10, Software v1.16
Fuzion 32 HUD Bluetooth GPS receiver
classy56
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:

The only real difference to help London would be to ban the coaches taking up all that road space. A pitiful site is watching all those coach drivers sitting around waiting, biding time by polishing their steering wheels, but I suppose all the extra money they bring in with tourists keeps the city alive.
Woop's sorry going off subject again Embarassed

Come on GJF, you will have to do better than that Laughing Wink

To old to die young.
Stargate2006
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad

Last edited by Stargate2006 on Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJF wrote:
As having had to drive in and out of London thousands of times over the years, I do find that although it might be congested it is no where as bad as it used to be.

I also feel that London is more secure, as every vehicle registration is read and also more and more car tax dodgers are being caught.

Well, I personally (from occasional, but fairly often visits) find it has degraded recently. I was very happy about it when it first started, got in and out really well. But not any more - I was an hour doing one mile last week, cursing the ineffectiveness of the congestion charge for every minute of it.

How many more car tax dodgers are being caught? I've not heard of it and didn't think they would be tied in with enforcement?? MOT and Insurance too. Now there's an idea - drop the congestion charge and replace it with tax, MOT and insurance checkers, with a crusher parked right alongside - there'd be no second chances if I were the boss of the world.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: