Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom v675 Map Now Available
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom v675 Map Now Available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpeedCam
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8O You have to give it to TomTom, at least they are consistent with ALL their products, untested, poor quality and no customer support.

Name another company that is so consistent ? ? ?
leerichards
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Map issue Reply with quote

badgerdid wrote:
I have just looked at the 675 version and theres parts missing from the 660.1256 version.

I'm reading more and more examples of sections of road that were mapped correctly on v660 but have seemingly disappeard on v675. Unless you have a need for the LCZ info, I think the best advice is to avoid this upgrade. Hopefully, everyone that is spotting these inconsistencies is reporting them to TomTom. Of course, what their response will be is anyone's guess.

For balance, has anyone with the latest upgrade spotted any nice new (accurate) updates they'd like to report?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Map issue Reply with quote

leerichards wrote:
For balance, has anyone with the latest upgrade spotted any nice new (accurate) updates they'd like to report?
I think you might have a long wait.

This is part of the reply from TT Customer Services.

Quote:
Im afraid if you wish to upgrade you will have to purchase the new maps, but from your mentioned map version, i would not reccomend you do, as you may barley see a difference.

You can see below what I.m using, and it's only 4 weeks old!

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Map issue Reply with quote

leerichards wrote:

Well, I have one confirmed accurate - A420/A419 overpass junction, Swindon and one change which I've been asked to see if it's there and it is - A1 Doncaster, Ferrybridge, Micklefield.

But you lot are begining to worry me.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
NickG
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going to buy these maps, because it seems that TeleAtlas haven't actually changed anything about the maps for my region (UK) in the last three years.

Looking at their map feedback site (http://mapfeedback.teleatlas.com/index.htm) it seems that they haven't fixed ANY of the issues I've reported in the last three years. They are still missing roads that are about 8 years old! The maps still show you the incorrect one-way designation of several roads in Winchester even though I reported this major problem about two years ago and I've reported it multiple times.

The problems are also apparent on Google Maps which uses the same data. You'd think they would have received quite a few complaints about an issue as big as incorrect one-way designations in a major British city, but clearly they're not bothered about fixing mistakes.

As correct and current maps are about the most important feature of any sat-nav application, you would think that TomTom would put more pressure on TeleAtlas to address these problems.

I hope TomTom soon realise that TeleAtlas are a waste of time and switch to using an alternative map supplier such.

Any chance someone can put a POLL on the homepage to get a rough idea of how many people think the maps are accurate?
badgerdid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 419 -- 420 overpass is showing on my v 660-1256 map too
Not sure what you need to check for the A1 but it goes A1m then A1 then A1m again at ferrybridge, looks like its a continuous dual carriageway in between with no islands.

Is this how it is now?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgerdid wrote:
the 419 -- 420 overpass is showing on my v 660-1256 map too
Not sure what you need to check for the A1 but it goes A1m then A1 then A1m again at ferrybridge, looks like its a continuous dual carriageway in between with no islands.

Is this how it is now?
You mean the A419 already went over the A420 instead of a roundabout only? It's only been completed a few weeks! It wasn't on my previous maps (can't remember versions, had to remove them to install new maps) - they were original GO710 map and new MOWE for GO700 downloaded 28th November 2006. Surely the Western Europe prior to Nov 06 didn't have that overpass??

I can't say about A1M - I did a screen dump of it for someone in another thread (which I now cannot find!!). From memory, it starts at Darrington, then weaves up left, then right round ferrybridge, then arcs to Micklefield on my new 675 maps. This picture is between M62 J33 and J32.

You can see the coordinates on the picture if you'd like to look at it yourself - this is a poor picture, my first ever screen dump and not very praiseworthy I fear!!

badgerdid
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dumps fine m8,

Heres the same pics from mine, i hope this is the area your on about.

My pda has a screen resolution of 640x480 so they will be a bit bigger than normal

Ferrybridge one

A420 one

This is the A38 underpass at the A5, this now does not show on the 675 map, so im sticking with my map v660.1256

This was only completed aug/september last year and it showed on this map

Has tomtom changed map supplier for the 675 one?
is that why bits are not shoiwng now?
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Indeed there is. Both Navteq and Teleatlas have an on-line reporting system.

And what good does it do? I've been reporting the same damn errors for 5 years now, and they are still in there.
KelvinT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Map issue Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
leerichards wrote:
I think you might have a long wait.

This is part of the reply from TT Customer Services.

Quote:
Im afraid if you wish to upgrade you will have to purchase the new maps, but from your mentioned map version, i would not reccomend you do, as you may barley see a difference.

You can see below what I.m using, and it's only 4 weeks old!

I have just written a letter of complaint Rolling Eyes after I was told the same thing about the update to the new maps from a unit I bought after the release of the new data.

(I know I dont post that often ... TOMTOM really do get to me with their attitude)
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgerdid wrote:
The dumps fine m8,

Heres the same pics from mine, i hope this is the area your on about.

This is absolutely incredible. If only I'd had such pictures and a couple of Tom Toms to show them on last Saturday I swear I'd have had a right go at the Tom Tom stand!
I am now going to unload 675 Western & Central Europe from my GO700 to my HD and put the previous two maps back on for comparisons - all told, I've got three maps for the GO700 - original when purchased May 2006, new map 28th November 2006 and 675, 18th April 2007 and I'll do screen dumps of all three for that A419/A420 Swindon junction.

uffe73
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My conclusion to the matter of newly introduced errors in the v675.1409 map compared to the v660.1256 map is that the 660.1256 map was in fact based on mapping data from Navteq and not fromTele Atlas as most people would assume - probably the same map that was made for TomTom Rider. This is also stated on various places on the internet (which of course doesn't make it true, but still...).

But, next to the new errors, I have also found correct updates in the 675 map so I'm quite happy anyway. Best thing would be if TomTom could catch the correct updates from both map suppliers and compile it into one map, but I guess that's difficult to achieve...
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: What Have I Done Wrong? Reply with quote

I got the email today from tt re the new maps so from TomTom Home I ordered and payed for Map of Western Europe & Central Europe v6.75

However TomTom Home says "There Are No Updates" when I click on "Update Now"

Where have I gone wrong?

FYI I Have a TT910 on V650 maps

HummerUK
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to pass the time whilst it's all still copying and wandering about, I just found this reply from Tom Tom in another thread
Quote:
TomTom uses the best possible map data that are available in the market. Our maps have a version number and a date, for example 2007.1. This means that all alterations checked by TeleAtlas before January 2007 are processed in the map material.

That's terrific, but can somebody please tell me the dates for my maps :-
Western_Europe-Map v606.0 - In new GO700 purchased May 2006.
Western Europe Map v660.1219 - GO700 map purchased 28th November 2006.
Western & Central Europe Map v675.1409 - GO700 map purchased 18 April 2007.
Western Europe map v650.1047 - In new GO710 purchased 1st December 2006
Western Europe map v675.1409 - GO710 map purchased 18 Apr 2007.

For the life of me I cannot see anything remotely resembling 2006.11 or 2007.04. But then, I am a fat old man. 8O

philpugh
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original trip got cancelled so never got to see if M6 toll was on maps - however had shortish trip yesterday evening and the new Honda (07 Accord) was displaying lots of TMC messages which given the lack of Trafficmaster info from WinterHill at present probably means it was using the Classic FM based system. It still didn't show any of the jams we were in though!

It also has BT connectivity for hands free phone.

On booting it claims maps copyright 2006 - but this is no guarantee of their actual age!

Bit of a clunky interface and the touch sensitive screen needs firm pressure to use. I don't know if you could load your own POIs though.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: