Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ViaMichelin Launch the X-970T and X-960 in London
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ViaMichelin Launch the X-970T and X-960 in London

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:43 am    Post subject: ViaMichelin Launch the X-970T and X-960 in London Reply with quote

Yesterday ViaMichelin launched 2 new SatNav devices in the UK, the X-960 and X-970T. The launch was one of the most interesting that I have been involved with. Not only was it unusual it was also a Green navigation event, of which I am sure that Ken Livingstone would approve.

When I heard that the launch would take place in the centre of London I thought: "Oh no. Congestion, traffic jams, this is going to be a nightmare...". How wrong I was! The launch was a Rickshaw race around the West End of London. Peddle power rules!!!

Click here to read the full article...
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested to see how different the models are to the x980T as the dual screen view looks to be carried over from that model.
Guess they must be getting close to updating the website as late last night when I was looking the 'My Viamichelin' section of the site changed but this morning it's back to how it was. Suppose they may have been doing some late night tests.
mark1968
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a good alternative to my now dead TomTom 910. How easy is it to import and use poi files?
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite easy actually as long as they are in ASC format they can be imported and appear in the 'My Saved Addresses'. I have imported the mobile speed cameras and then set the POI alert for it.
Only thing I have not bothered to work out is the custom BMP icons.
POI can also be searched by GPS position or location unlike my old Navman which only allowed the POI seach.
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Website now has the info up and only the x960 x970 and x980 are listed as current models.
Looking at the specs the 960 and 70 seem to be shipping with version 6.5 software not the expected version 7. It does mention version 7 is coming.
Interesting is that the 980 current version is 6.1.5 and the information says it will need 6.5 to work with the website so maybe that means that the 980 will eventually get the version 7 software as well (whatever will be new in version 7 we are yet to find out)
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Version 7 - Expected Changes so far. Reply with quote

Version 7 will start to include Dynamic content like parking availibility, weather news and pertrol pricing along your route. It will also allow wireless convergence with the web-site account so you can make changes and they will be there when you switch and it auto syncs via GPRS rather than connecting with USB.
The X-980 will have a patch to V6.5 on the web soon and this will alow full use of the current convergence. :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Deepfour
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new update fir the X-980T is online now which upgrades the unit to the new interface and enhancements on the X-960 and X-970T......Enjoy :D

http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/jsp/nav/MaTelechargementHomeRub5.jsp
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jonandmarkuk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deepfour wrote:
A new update fir the X-980T is online now which upgrades the unit to the new interface and enhancements on the X-960 and X-970T......Enjoy :D

http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamichelin/gbr/jsp/nav/MaTelechargementHomeRub5.jsp

I can say the update is worth it, but be prepared to have to reload all your POI as the software changes the structure as everything is contained within the new 'My ViaMichelin' option.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: