Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Evesham 6200 from Asda
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Evesham 6200 from Asda
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you try setting a route to Birmingham NEC via the POI (Venues) and report your findings please?
red55
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I first noticed the bug with the NEC I have tried a total of 7 units all belonging to freinds and it appears on every unit I tried. The navigation on these units is seriously messed up, I have been asked to leave the motoway and out of curiosity i followed its instructions and it then asked me to rejoin at the next junction, I have navigated along a road following its instructions and then it suddenly insists I do a u turn etc etc, Im sure it could be a great unit but its just to bugy for me to be botherd with. I have gone back to my mitac mio 168.

Cheers

John
Garry83
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have TomTom 6 Working

I decided to give this a try myself. I bought two 6200 units, so if I bricked one, I figured I could fix it using the contents of the other one!

Anyway, I used Bales1983's instructions as a starting point for getting into WindowsCE...

You can stop the main screen running by removing the welcome.exe entry in the HKLU\init section of the registry.

TomTom 6 seems to work just fine, when you set it up to use a NMEA GPS device with a baud rate of 4800. I've even got the voices and 7-digit postcodes working perfectly. I added TomTom to my startup folder, so now my unit loads straight into TomTom from a soft reset.

Bales1983 said it didn't work for him, but I'd be interested to see who can get this working other than myself!
MickAtHome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garry83 wrote:
I have TomTom 6 Working

Garry83

Did you manage to make ActiveSync work? If so how did you do it - everytime I plug the USB cable in the SatNav shows USB DISK MODE and it appears on my PC as 3 disks.

If not then how did you load TomTom without Active Sync?

Thanks

Mick
Garry83
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, didn't even try ActiveSync ... I'm running Vista and ActiveSync doesn't work on Vista (it's not supposed to!)

I installed TomTom by copying the necessary setup files across (i.e. no voices, maps, postcodes, etc) then running the .cab file on the unit itself. No matter what I did, it installed itself to \Program Files\Navigator, so obviously I had to up the amount of storage space using the Storage applet in control panel. Once it was installed, I moved it to the SD card. Then I copied the map, voice and postcode files across to the SD card.
MickAtHome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bales1983 wrote:
, instaleld a video player which doesnt work as the screen is smaller than the desktop with no way to adjust the size!

Lee

I installed TCPMP video player (V0.66) and it works fine with the test mpeg files I tried 8) . It can expand to fill the screen OK.

Mick
hughes186
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM Reply with quote

Garry83 wrote:
Nope, didn't even try ActiveSync ... I'm running Vista and ActiveSync doesn't work on Vista (it's not supposed to!)

I installed TomTom by copying the necessary setup files across (i.e. no voices, maps, postcodes, etc) then running the .cab file on the unit itself. No matter what I did, it installed itself to \Program Files\Navigator, so obviously I had to up the amount of storage space using the Storage applet in control panel. Once it was installed, I moved it to the SD card. Then I copied the map, voice and postcode files across to the SD card.

Is there any chance of you writing up a step by step guide for this. I know alot of people have been looking but like me we need simple instructions. This would make you the guru of Satnavs
Thanks alot
skr00ge
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First speedcam update now available on evesham/navcam site. If registered. Documented and easy to do.

Cheers
MickAtHome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now got TomTom 5 installed to run from an SD card and working on Nav-Cam 6200. :D Works really well and locks on to satellite in about 15 secs.

Thanks to the guys on the forum for steering me in the right direction. I had to use the MS Pocket PC Emulator running on my PC to install the files correctly to an SD card, but other than that it was straight forward.

Mick
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be very interested in someone developing a step-by-step guide of installing TomTom 6.
MickAtHome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaneosborne wrote:
Would be very interested in someone developing a step-by-step guide of installing TomTom 6.

I have used the info posted on the forum by others and compiled a set of instructions on how to load TomTom 5 onto a Nav-Cam 6200. Thanks to the clever guys. Smile I would think that TT6 is much the same.

Instructions on How to Hack the Evesham Nav-Cam 6200.

(Allows access to the windows desktop and add files and apps like TomTom.)

1. Connect the unit to the PC via USB cable supplied; two folders will show up; MyStorage and Removable Disk.

(get the necessary files from here: http://www.gpspassion.com/download/custom150e.zip)

2. In the folder ‘Removable Disk’ navigate into a folder called 'MobileNavigator'.
3. Copy 'regedit.exe' to your MobileNavigator folder.
4. Rename MobileNavigator.exe to Mobilenavigatorold.exe.
5. Rename ‘regedit.exe’ to MobileNavigator.exe
6. Copy 'modified.reg' into the 'MobileNavigator' folder.
7. Copy ‘showtaskbar.exe’ into the 'MobileNavigator' folder.
(the MobileNavigator folder should now look like the one below)

8. Disconnect the USB cable and ‘Soft Reset’ your device by poking the little button on the bottom right of the Nav-Cam.
9. When the unit reboots it will look normal. However if you click on navigator, up pops the ‘RegEdit’ application and the taskbar appears down the bottom!

10. Click on ‘File – Import’ and point it to the modified.reg we put in the MobileNavigator folder (myflashdisk\mobilenavigator).
11. Click ‘Start’ (on the task bar) – ‘Programs’ – ‘Windows Explorer’.
12. Navigate to the MobileNavigator folder (myflashdisk\mobilenavigator).
13. Rename ‘MobileNavigator.exe’ to ‘regedit.exe’.
14. Rename ‘showtaskbar.exe’ to ‘MobileNavigator.exe’.

The above steps allow you to now access the ‘Windows Desktop’ by pressing the ‘Navigate Button’.

15. The following instructions allow easy access to the in-built Nav-Cam navigator.
16. Click ‘Start’ (on the task bar) – ‘Programs’ – ‘Windows Explorer’.
17. Navigate to the MobileNavigator folder (myflashdisk\mobilenavigator).
18. Click on ‘MobileNavigatorold.exe’ and click ‘Edit – Copy’.
19. Navigate to ‘Windows – Programs’ and click ‘Edit – Paste Shortcut’.
20. Now when you access the Nav-Cam 6200 using ‘Start – Programs’ the application ‘MibileNavigatorold’ can be launched; giving continued access to the in-built navigation system.

The next set of instructions describe how you get TomTom 5 (V6 may be the same) onto the unit.

21. You can either do an install of TomTom to a PocketPC PDA (if you have one) or use the ‘PocketPC Emulator’ “V1Emulator.zip” from Microsoft; which is the method I used.
22. Install and set-up the emulator on your PC.
23. Create a folder called ‘storage card’ on your desktop and point the emulator to it.
24. Install TomTom in the normal way; it should recognise the emulator through ActiveSync.
25. Whenever you get the option during the install choose ‘storage card’ as the location.
26. When the installation is complete you should be able to run TomTom on the emulator.

27. Now copy all the files from the ‘storage card’ location on the PC to an SD card (I used a 1Gb card to allow enough room for mp3 and pic files).
28. Copy the ‘tom tom’ folder from ‘My Documents’ area on the emulator and put it on the SD card.
29. Insert the SD card into the Nav-Cam and click ‘Start’ (on the task bar) – ‘Programs’ – ‘Windows Explorer’
30. Copy the ‘tom tom’ folder from the SD card and paste it into the ‘My Documents’ area.
31. Now you should be able to run TomTom by navigating to the file ‘TomTom Navigator.exe’ in the ‘Navigator’ folder on the SD card.

The Nav-Cam unit never actually powers down, just sleeps when you press power button. If you let the battery run totally flat I expect that it may revert to default factory state from the flash ROM. It should also revert by switching the unit off using the hidden switch next to the ‘Soft Reset’ button.

Don’t do either of these things or you will have to run through all these steps again!!! Crying or Very sad

Mick
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that, much appreciated. Sent you a PM in relation to another issue...
MickAtHome
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

More news on sticking TomTom on you NavCAm6200:

The dire warning at the end of my instructions is not so much of a problem Smile

I checked by switching the unit off using the little switch on the bottom and the result is not that drastic - and can be recovered easily if you plan ahead.

Once you have TomTom installed and working, copy the folder 'TomTom' from 'My Documents' on the NavCam to the SD card. The folder contains a file called 'CurrentMap.dat' which tells TomTom where the map is located. Without this file it will not run.

If you switch the unit off (on purpose or by mistake) follow the next steps to restore operation:

1. It should still boot up with the 'Task Bar' visible (if you followed my previous instructions) so open 'Windows Explorer' and browse to the location on the SD card where you stored the backup copy of the 'TomTom' folder.

2. Click 'Edit - Copy' and navigate back to the NavCam and paste the TomTom folder into the 'My Documents' folder.

3. Browse to the SD card 'Navigator' folder and 'Edit - Copy' the 'TomTomNavigator.exe' then browse back to the NavCam 'Windows / Programs' folder.

4. Click 'Edit - Paste Shortcut' and this should put a file called 'TomTomNavigator.lnk' in the folder.

And that's it 8)

Now when you open 'Start - Programs' the TomTom link should be there and clicking it will run the application - just like before.

Mick
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accidently clicked autohide taskbar Sad Anyway of showing it again as I cannot find a way of changing it. When I click on Navigator after rebooting it shows no taskbar and does nothing!!
shaneosborne
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaneosborne wrote:
I accidently clicked autohide taskbar Sad Anyway of showing it again as I cannot find a way of changing it. When I click on Navigator after rebooting it shows no taskbar and does nothing!!

Well, Ive tried formatting the device and completing a clean install of the software from the supplied cdrom and then completeing your guide again in regards to showtaskbar with no luck. It seems that when you change these settings it is stored in the flash memory which I cannot find anyway of getting to. So it looks like Im back to my default NavCam 6200 Sad

If anyone can help then please do so, seems as if I might have to reinstall Windows CE but with no disc ect. its gonna be hard Sad

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: