Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Has the Camera Database Been Updated
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Has the Camera Database Been Updated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stu3284
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 10:36 am    Post subject: Has the Camera Database Been Updated Reply with quote

I notice on the speed camera database main page theat the map says Nov 2nd 2003 but the download bit says its still August. Is this the new updated one?.

Keep up the good work. Your efforts are well appreciated.

Stu
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the November database, we just forgot to update the month in the description.
TimB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I notice that under your description of Travel-i you say that it cannot access the Pocket GPS database - yet a couple of months ago I seem to recall some mention of a collaboration between the two.

I think Travel -i can now be made to read the Pocket GPS database somehow but not sure what the procedure is!

Anyone know if this is so and how is it done?

Also I have noticed that with Travel-i running on the Ipaq 3970 and using a bluetooth emtac I can (sometimes) simultaneously use Memory map. There is a slight delay in updating the position but travel-i will still sound off the alerts behind the scenes. Is this just luck as I thought two programs could not use the same bluetooth connection in theory?

If I did want to use the two programs simultaneously would I have to plug a second GPS receiver into the Ipaq (ie one BT & one serial port) in which case I could no longer use the brodit powered mount?

Tim
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It can and we will re-review it when we get a chance. The comments stand for the version we reviewed at the time of review.

If you really wanted you could use a CF, Serial cabled and Bluetooth GPS all a the same time as they are using different virtual COM ports.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: