Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - REVIEW COMMENTS: NavGPS Pro v3.10 Aeronautical
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

REVIEW COMMENTS: NavGPS Pro v3.10 Aeronautical

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Aviation / Marine Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 6:36 am    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: NavGPS Pro v3.10 Aeronautical Reply with quote

Peter has completed a review of NavGPS v3.10.

NavGPS is a well thought out and comprehensive aeronautical navigation system for Pocket PC's and works with most types of GPS Receivers. Versions are available for Windows (PC), ARM/ Xscale, MIPS and SH3.

The full review can be read here

Sonex293
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:10 pm    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: NavGPS Pro v3.10 Aeronautical Reply with quote

I've tried quite a few of the aviation related GPS Navigation programs for my PDA. I've been thinking about upgrading to the NavGPS Pro until I found a new program to try, PocketFMS.

http://www.pocketfms.com

I've been unsing PocketFMS for a few weeks now and really find it quite good. It is missing a few things, but the author is quite responsive and the price is right, free (although a donation is appreciated). It is nice seeing the product evolve and it has made great strides. Anyone using a GPS in a cockpit should give it a try.

--Michael
PeterB
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonex,

Pocket FMS is quite exciting, as Shareware in Beta version it has lots of good features inluding automatic avoidance of restricted airspace.
The zoom feature is a problem, however, with detail only at one level.
I do hope the p;orduct evolves well.
I hope to try Pocket FMS in flight in early November and produce a review!!

Any comments you have would be appreciated
To :- Peter@pocketgpsworld.com

Thanks and happy flying
Sonex293
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: REVIEW COMMENTS: NavGPS Pro v3.10 Aeronautical Reply with quote

Peter,

I look forward to your review of PocketFMS Thumbs Up To get detail in all but the highest zoom mode you'll need to download maps at each zoom level on your PC. A small anoyance, but I only had to do it once. This only seems to be needed for the MAP data and not Elevation or Aviation data. The one item I'd like to see added is the displaying of the zoom level, maybe with an arc do you can tell distance with a quick glance. I just upgraded to a HP iPaq 4150 with Bluetooth and WiFi and I'm looking forward to trying it out in the cockpit. I am also receiveing a Teletype Bluetooth GPS to complete the package.

Later,
Michael

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Aviation / Marine Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: