Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - OV2 To Travel-I(GNS) convertor
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

OV2 To Travel-I(GNS) convertor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:17 pm    Post subject: OV2 To Travel-I(GNS) convertor Reply with quote

End2End have announced that the latest Travel-i download now includes a PC based convertor to allow OV2 files to be used. This means our Pocket GPS UK Safety Camera Database can be directly converted to Travel-i Format, and any TomTom Navigator 2 POI's can also be used for alerting. This converter will be expanded over the coming weeks to allow for database editing etc. Travel-i itself now allows the user to select from any GNS file found on the CE Device. For more info check the Travel-i website.
tcs17_tim
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have put the latest version on my IPAQ and imported both pocketGPS cameras and shell stations. These are two thing I want to locate regularly. I have had a go walking to the station but not used it in anger in the car, yet. It seems to work fine but you can only choose one database at a time, so whilst looking for shell station you are not warned of cameras. I dont think I am too stressed about that.

I haven't managed to find the extra information promised on their website. I went looking because they have also implemented another feature, which I think is the number of satellites being received.
tcs17_tim
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a car journey I found the new feature is actually a large speed indication. Which is fine but at the crucial moment (ie when it is warning you that you are near a camera) it drops to 0 flashing in red. I think its picking the maximum speed from the database which because I was using the pocketgps database has no speed info in it Crying or Very sad

Nice idea but not helpful with the imported databases, perhaps they should put two indicators there. Current speed and max allowed flashing red when near a camera.
Sylvia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 11:47 am    Post subject: Nov 5th post & Travel-i updates. Reply with quote

End2End are still developing the new features, we understand the concern and will shortly implement an update to check for 0 speed in the DB and continue to show current speed when that is the case. One of Travel-i's main new features is the ability to alter the speed limit for any given stretch of road to cater for variables, as well as add in missing speeds for camera positions to downloaded DB's. All you need do is press the button while in the zone.

A Pro version of this software is also under development and will be available very shortly. It will provide expanded facilities for database manipulation and customisation as well as some of the features that have been in the pipeline. I think one earlier wish was for more than one DB to be available at a time, you should find this is neatly catered for in Travel-iPro's merge facility.Watch the website for news.

From Oct.29 post:-
Perhaps you could tell us more directly what you mean by a "feature you
think is the number of satelites being recieved" Question
You are very welcome to mail us direct with queries, suggestions and comments, we are glad to learn from users and will help if we can.
support@endtoend.co.uk Smile
tcs17_tim
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2003 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sylvia,
I have emailed you a response as you suggested. Please dont take it that I am complaining, I am well chuffed with Travel I. Its saved me from spending £350/400 on a camera detector. I am also happy to be using your early versions. I have seen two significant steps in the few weeks I have been using it and I would prefer to be using several small updates rather than wait weeks for a larger one.

Thanks

Tim

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: