Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed camera DB
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed camera DB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Speed camera DB Reply with quote

Before Darren jumped out of his pram and closed the thread.

I was asking if I have to pay will you remove the headings and pad out (to 5) ascii files in the speed zoned section?

Having been given a link on how to suck eggs by bpmhutch (thanks for the input) I do not tolerate error messages from applications I remove the source.
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not wishing to fan the flames too much, but would you go to Bill Gates and ask him to modify Windows so it would run on your Mac? It would appear that you are currently using a system which Darren has said is not currently supported, although it would be considered if the demand was there. Therefore it is surely a "download at your own risk" type scenario?

Mark
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very droll.

Darren has NOT said "is not currently supported" what he said was that nobody had reported a need. I didn't report it because it was FREE but If I have to pay for it then I want it in a format that I can use WITHOUT getting error messages.

Do you normally buy items that are slightly faulty at full price?
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, but then I don't use something that has to be adapted to my needs and then complain about having to do it!! You have reported it, Darren may well arrange for what you want if you pick up the dummy you have spat out.

Of course the option is don't pay for it and find something that suits your needs better? Sorry, that comment is probably too droll for you too!!
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are missing the point. (perhaps deliberately)

When something is free you (well I don't) don't bother the provider to tweak it even more because you appreciate what they have already done for you.

However when it ceases to be free then is the time to ask for it to be tweaked
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I replied, that if there was sufficient demand we would hapilly consider a version to suit.

Another poster also pointed you to this thread as he was using POI Observer without the issues you described.

I did not 'jump out of my pram' as you suggest and my decision to close the thread was not in response to your post.

Yours is the first and only request I've had in respect of the Lidl system. I've never seen one and I'm sure you would agree that there is little justification to produce a custom version for you alone?
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davegthomas wrote:
You are missing the point. (perhaps deliberately)

Not at all. I saw your first question which was a reasonable request. However, since PGPS decided to make a charge for the database to new users, the forum seems to have become a free for all for all and sundry to scream and shout about the smallest thing, a sense of anarchy has been the sens of norm for the past few months.

I for one would prefer the forum to return to the way it as, yes there will alays be a healthy "dissent in the ranks" but to resort to the comment you did in the first message of this thread, then expect PGPS to help is a little too much like wishful thinking to me.

I've just noticed Darren's reply. I am sure that if more people were to contact PGPS, then the new version would be made available.

Sorry if this isn't what you want to hear, but.....

Mark
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And I replied, that if there was sufficient demand we would hapilly consider a version to suit.

Please let me know when you have a modified version

Quote:
Another poster also pointed you to this thread as he was using POI Observer without the issues you described

If you read my replies you would see my reasoning

Quote:
I did not 'jump out of my pram' as you suggest and my decision to close the thread was not in response to your post.

I never said you closed it in response to my post

Quote:
Yours is the first and only request I've had in respect of the Lidl system. I've never seen one and I'm sure you would agree that there is little justification to produce a custom version for you alone?

Lidl have sold thousands of these. They are a 400Mhz version of a Mitac 168 or a Medion 150 or a Yakumo 300LS. So I am not quite alone.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davegthomas wrote:
Lidl have sold thousands of these. They are a 400Mhz version of a Mitac 168 or a Medion 150 or a Yakumo 300LS. So I am not quite alone.

I'm familiar with the hardware, the issue here is the software that it runs. I believe that this is Falk Navigator or a version thereof?
Davegthomas
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The issue here is the software that it runs. I believe that this is Falk Navigator or a version thereof?

Currently Medion Navigator 5 and POIObserver. It is POIConfigurator+ and Batcher that require data with no headings.

As it covers all the different speed zones in all the categories we are talking 23 files that I have to amend not three as per the link given.

However as people seem to getting upset and I am only a prospective customer I will wait for a suitable version.
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davegthomas wrote:
However as people seem to getting upset and I am only a prospective customer I will wait for a suitable version.

Not getting upset, merely pointing out that if you would like something done, there are ways to do it, and making comments about prams to the person you want the help from!!!

Much more civilised now though Smile
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marksfish wrote:
(It's) Much more civilised now though Smile

indeed it is. and let's try and keep it that way?

cheers

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: