Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GNAV10 - FINALLY SORTED SEPERATE VOICE ALERTS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GNAV10 - FINALLY SORTED SEPERATE VOICE ALERTS
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:17 pm    Post subject: GNAV10 - FINALLY SORTED SEPERATE VOICE ALERTS Reply with quote

Good news to those of you with Destinator Op on a GNAV. You can have as many catergories as you want in your favorites, all with seperate sound/voice alerts.

It was so simple I could have kicked myself that I didn't realise sooner.

Firstly, some may already Know and have tried this bit and it didn't work but read on to see why. As covered in some other threads start off your seperate alerts with the five catergories of speed cam database.

Once you have downloaded the database unzip the folder and navigate to

CSV files/Destinator3

and you will see six files which are split into 6 camera catergories. Rename these files to something simple or what ever you want to see them as:

eg: GATSO.csv; MOBILE.csv; REDLIGHT.csv; TEMP.csv;SPECS.csv; CONTINENTAL.csv

Import these files one by one using the Destinator Console Favorites import.

Now find an appropriate sound file for each catergory, ensure the format of these 6 files are WAV and do not convert to SPX. Rename the files to give them the same name as the catergory They are for:

eg: GATSO FOR GATSO CATERGORY; SPECS FOR SPECS CATERGORY

Drag and drop these files into the following directory on your GNAV10:

Resident Flash/DestinatorApps/Destinator/Common/Interface/Voice/All

If you want a particular icon to automatically drop into the catergories you will need to find an appropriate icon and rename it to give it the same name as the sound file and catergory as above. Drag these bmp files into this directory:

ResidentFlash/DestinatorApps/Destinator/Common/Favorites

So just to recap: you should have made three files all with the same name (i.e. GATSO.csv; GATSO.wav; GATSO.bmp) and put them onto the GNAV as described above.

Make sure you check the box by the side of each catergory to activate the icon on the map and the alert.

NOTE: This will not work if you convert your voice files to spx format, this is where I was going wrong and why I thought this method was not working. Why Destinator chose to use spx instead of wav is beyond me. You can convert all of your voice files in the "All" folder to wav if you want but it is not neccessary as long as the sound files for the catergories are wav format. If you do want to change all your spx files to wav don't leave the spx files with the same name as a wav file, the spx file will take priority.

If you need to convert any sounds from spx to wav speexdrop will convert either way.

For other POI catergories in your favorites simply do the same, make sure the catergory you create has the same name as your voice file you want to use and the bmp icon file you want to use.

Whenever you approach a favorite it will now give you the appropriate sound of your choice for the that catergory and will display the Catergory name on the screen instead of the dreaded "Favorites Alert".

Unfortunatley we are still stuck with the same distance settings on all of the catergories but I will let you all know if I find a way around this. For those of you who don't know - in favorites, select tools and settings to determine the distances away from your favorite that you want to hear the alerts.

Hopefully this will help all those GNAV users out there who had not already figured this out. If it does not work maybe you need to update your version no. Destinator have no upgrades on site but if you pm me I can send you an upgrade to version 5.1.145 which this method does work on.

Pete
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
safetyman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pete
:D Well done mate nice job. I thing you should have a pat on the back for this. It was driving me crazy trying to figure it out and not getting very far.

:D WELL DONE :D

Regards
Eddie
woodey04
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Sound Files Reply with quote

I Take my hat off to you well done.. :D ..yep it works on 51127

would you happen to have different sound files eg

gasto = gatso ahead
mobile = mobile camera ahead and so on

thanks

woody

-------------------------------------------------
Goodmans GNAV10
WinCE 4.20(0)
OEM: Centrality Communication Inc
Destinator OP v 5.1.135
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woodey - have I not sent you some files already? Thought I had, if not I will send them again.

Pete
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to add: you can all get some warnings from this site:

http://www.tomtomsatnav.info/realvoice.html

Look to the bottom of the page and download the ogg files. These can be easily converted with a program called wavepad that you can get from here:

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/

You can get basic version for free but masters version will be activated temporarily. You can batch convert and alter sounds to different formats, even on the basic version. It may prompt tou to download ogg codecs whn you try to use them, just download them when redirected.

Pete
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
jeanette
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copying is supposed to be the sincerest form of flattery.

But Plagiarism is just plain wrong

These instructions look remarkably like those found here.

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34862

Come on Credit where credits due
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeanette wrote:
Copying is supposed to be the sincerest form of flattery.

But Plagiarism is just plain wrong

These instructions look remarkably like those found here.

http://pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34862

Come on Credit where credits due

Sorry you didn't mind me quoting you did you?

Thankyou for your insult. If you have a bit further look around the Forum and read that thread in its entiriry you will also find that Paul80 got the basis of that information from TheRock and the thread here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=34332

You will also find another thread around that recognises that Paul and I were working together on finding a solution to the probs with GNAV10 software.

At the end of the day we are all trying to help each other, this thread is supposed to help those with Destinator OP and GNAV10 and is not exactley the same as there would have been no point in doing it. The method is very similar yes but although people may have read pauls thread they asked for further instruction to help them and this is what I did.

Hopefully you might me a little more constructive and helpful on your 2nd post on this forum.
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
HOTDOGNo1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: voice alerts Reply with quote

i think that we should be grateful for the likes of people like pete who put the time and effort into things like this for us (jeanette included)then to easily swap the original files for the 1s that he converted. :D
guttley
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been looking at this site for almost 2 weeks trying to customise my gnav10 as all i had managed to do was install the camera database when i came across your thread which was exactly what i was wanting my gnav10 to do.

So in my opinion i found this very useful and more to the point the only thread which i could find that helped me achieve this, so as for copying ?????????????????

Many Thanks
MikeyF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Work ethics Reply with quote

A lot of time has been put into this by a lot of people. Like most things on this forum, people take a little bit of info from previous thread, add them together work out hy things aren't working and then put forward a simplified approach to getting things working.

I know 'cos we've been exchanging many emails to work out the quirks with the different versions of destinator.

If there weren't people like Pete and I, there would still be a lot of people wandering around wondering how to get the camera database onto their system. (or more likely they would still be living in caves)

Keep up the good Work Pete, and maybe Jeanette's second post will be an appology.

Mikeyf

timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here Here Smile
Cheers Mikey.

By the way, did this method work for D3 like it does for OP and PN versions, or are you still stuck with only two alert catergories??
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
Leeo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Pete Reply with quote

Pete, you have helped me alot already and most the time i aint got a clue wot i am doin, so ignore her, jealousy gets you no where.

Gonna try the voice thing tonight, thanks again matey.

Leeo
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Pete Reply with quote

Leeo wrote:
Pete, you have helped me alot already and most the time i aint got a clue wot i am doin, so ignore her, jealousy gets you no where.

Gonna try the voice thing tonight, thanks again matey.

Leeo

Cheers, just let me know if you need any more help.

Pete
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
cobbie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: GNAV10 - FINALLY SORTED SEPERATE VOICE ALERTS Reply with quote

timanfiya wrote:
Good news to those of you with Destinator Op on a GNAV. You can have as many catergories as you want in your favorites, all with seperate sound/voice alerts.

It was so simple I could have kicked myself that I didn't realise sooner.

Firstly, some may already Know and have tried this bit and it didn't work but read on to see why. As covered in some other threads start off your seperate alerts with the five catergories of speed cam database.

Once you have downloaded the database unzip the folder and navigate to

CSV files/Destinator3

and you will see six files which are split into 6 camera catergories. Rename these files to something simple or what ever you want to see them as:

eg: GATSO.csv; MOBILE.csv; REDLIGHT.csv; TEMP.csv;SPECS.csv; CONTINENTAL.csv

Import these files one by one using the Destinator Console Favorites import.

Now find an appropriate sound file for each catergory, ensure the format of these 6 files are WAV and do not convert to SPX. Rename the files to give them the same name as the catergory They are for:

eg: GATSO FOR GATSO CATERGORY; SPECS FOR SPECS CATERGORY

Drag and drop these files into the following directory on your GNAV10:

Resident Flash/DestinatorApps/Destinator/Common/Interface/Voice/All

If you want a particular icon to automatically drop into the catergories you will need to find an appropriate icon and rename it to give it the same name as the sound file and catergory as above. Drag these bmp files into this directory:

ResidentFlash/DestinatorApps/Destinator/Common/Favorites

So just to recap: you should have made three files all with the same name (i.e. GATSO.csv; GATSO.wav; GATSO.bmp) and put them onto the GNAV as described above.

Make sure you check the box by the side of each catergory to activate the icon on the map and the alert.

NOTE: This will not work if you convert your voice files to spx format, this is where I was going wrong and why I thought this method was not working. Why Destinator chose to use spx instead of wav is beyond me. You can convert all of your voice files in the "All" folder to wav if you want but it is not neccessary as long as the sound files for the catergories are wav format. If you do want to change all your spx files to wav don't leave the spx files with the same name as a wav file, the spx file will take priority.

If you need to convert any sounds from spx to wav speexdrop will convert either way.

For other POI catergories in your favorites simply do the same, make sure the catergory you create has the same name as your voice file you want to use and the bmp icon file you want to use.

Whenever you approach a favorite it will now give you the appropriate sound of your choice for the that catergory and will display the Catergory name on the screen instead of the dreaded "Favorites Alert".

Unfortunatley we are still stuck with the same distance settings on all of the catergories but I will let you all know if I find a way around this. For those of you who don't know - in favorites, select tools and settings to determine the distances away from your favorite that you want to hear the alerts.

Hopefully this will help all those GNAV users out there who had not already figured this out. If it does not work maybe you need to update your version no. Destinator have no upgrades on site but if you pm me I can send you an upgrade to version 5.1.145 which this method does work on.

Pete
Yeah the man did good well done pete your a credit to the north west great work keep up the good work.... Cobbie Wink
cobbie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive done exactly as pete said in he's post about figuring out the different warnings in favourites alerts and it work's a treat well done pete :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: