Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM VOICE PACKS FOR DESTINATOR
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM VOICE PACKS FOR DESTINATOR

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: TOMTOM VOICE PACKS FOR DESTINATOR Reply with quote

For anyone interested in using the tomtom voice packs on destinator I have written out the
instructions on exactly how to do so and posted a compatabile DestinatorVoiceManeuver.inf.
When done it will be quick and easy to change over your voice packs and have a different
voice every day if you want.It may seem a lengthy process but it is quite quick when you
have figured it out. Sorry if it is quite long, I know most of you probably know half of
this and may just want the inf file. But I am sure it will help some poor sole who is
starting from scratch (tried to make it easy to follow).

Tomtom voice packs come as a data.chk file. Locate this file, create a subfolder in its
location and rename the folder "All". Drag the data.chk file into the "All" subfolder.

Extract the ogg voice files from the data.chk files using a program such as "POI soundpatch"
Get it here:

http://www.automated.it/ttg-poipatcher.html

Open POI soundpatch, browse for the data.chk file and click the "extract voice" button.
Click OK and it will extract all the Ogg files to the folder in which the data.chk file
was located.

You do not need all of the Ogg files as destinator will not have use for some of them.

The ones that are needed to run the commands in the inf file are as follows
(all extensions are OGG at present):

After
AhExitLeft
AhExitRight
AhKeepLeft
AhKeepRight
Depart
KeepLeft
KeepRight
Meters
MwExitLeft
MwExitRight
RbCross
Rbexit1
Rbexit2
Rbexit3
Rbexit4
RbExit5
RbExit6
Then
TryUturn
TurnLeft
TurnRight
UTurn
Yards

It is probably easier to just keep all the files but I prefer only to keep the ones
neccessary.

Convert the Ogg files to Wav (You could use software such as Wavepad which is Freeware
and supports batch conversions) you can download this from:

http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/

(Note: basic version is free)

You will find the batch converter under tools menu. When you attempt to load an ogg file
it will prompt you to download the codecs which are required (these are free,
once downloaded, install them and continue to convert)

If like me you have a GNAV10 then you will need to convert these wav files to spx. There
is a simple program called speex drop. DoWnload this from here:

http://www.rarewares.org/files/others/speexdropV0.0.8-1.0.5.zip

Simply open speexdrop, a box will appear on your desktop. Drag your wav over to it and it
converts to spx into the same directory as the original file.

Now delete all ogg files (and wav files if using spx).

COMPLETE THE ABOVE AGAIN FOR EVERY TOMTOM VOICEPACK THAT YOU HAVE.

Browse Destinator on your mobile device:

Resident Flash/DestinatorApps/Destinator/Common/Interface/Voice/All

Make a backup copy of the entire folder(incase you want to revert back later). Then make
a copy of the following files into a folder on your desktop:

DestinatorVoicemaneuvers.inf,
gpsnotfound
kmeters
miles
seventh
eighth
ninth
tenth
signallow
yaotsl
yhltcr
141 (or equivelent warning alert) - Rename your copy "Speed"
142 (or equivelent warning alert) - Rename your copy "Redlight"

Open the copy of "DestinatorVoiceManeuvers.inf" and delete all the text in it.
Then copy the following and paste it in to the file:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{:Standard Voices Maneuvers:}

LANGUAGE=ENG

//
// All the fields must be placed in one line. The fields will divided by commas.
//
// Fields description:
// 1) ::MC The maneuver command is a key word.
// 2) A command is being built from two parts (each part is a key word). The two
// parts will be divided by a ‘*’ sign. The first part will describe the maneuver name
// (TURN_LEFT for example) and the second part will describe the distance
// (THIRD_DISTANCE for example).
// 3) For future use, (‘0’ will be entered).
// 4) to N) The words from which the sentence is built. Each word (or words) between two
// commas must refer to a wav files with the same name which exists in the same
// folder as the information file, (if a file or a command for that matter will not be
// found silent mode will be activated).
// The max value of ‘N’ will be ‘13’, (will allow a ten words sentence).
// N+1) The maneuver textual description, (will be written between quotation marks -
// commas are possible).

// FIRST_DISTANCE - three kilometers / two miles.
// SECOND_DISTANCE - five hundred yards/meters.
// THIRD_DISTANCE - two hundred yards/meters.
// FOURTH_DISTANCE - thirty meters, no distance will be specified.

::MC,TURN_LEFT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,After;3*2;UNITS;TurnLeft,"After UNITS Turn left"
::MC,TURN_LEFT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,After;500;UNITS;TurnLeft,"After five hundred UNITS Turn left"
::MC,TURN_LEFT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,After;200;UNITS;TurnLeft,"After two hundred UNITS Turn left"
::MC,TURN_LEFT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,TurnLeft,"Turn left"

::MC,TURN_RIGHT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,After;3*2;UNITS;TurnRight,"After UNITS Turn right"
::MC,TURN_RIGHT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,After;500;UNITS;TurnRight,"After five hundred UNITS Turn right"
::MC,TURN_RIGHT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,After;200;UNITS;TurnRight,"After two hundred UNITS Turn right"
::MC,TURN_RIGHT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,TurnRight,"Turn right"

::MC,KEEP_LEFT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,3*2;UNITS;AhKeepLeft,"UNITS ahead keep to the left"
::MC,KEEP_LEFT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,500;UNITS;AhKeepLeft,"Five hundred UNITS ahead keep to the left"
::MC,KEEP_LEFT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,200;UNITS;AhKeepLeft,"Two hundred UNITS ahead keep to the left"
::MC,KEEP_LEFT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,KeepLeft,"Keep to the left"

::MC,KEEP_RIGHT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,3*2;UNITS;AhKeepRight,"UNITS ahead keep to the right"
::MC,KEEP_RIGHT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,500;UNITS;AhKeepRight,"Five hundred UNITS ahead keep to the right"
::MC,KEEP_RIGHT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,200;UNITS;AhKeepRight,"Two hundred UNITS ahead keep to the right"
::MC,KEEP_RIGHT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,KeepRight,"Keep to the right"

::MC,EXIT_LEFT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,3*2;UNITS;AhExitLeft,"UNITS ahead you'll be exiting left"
::MC,EXIT_LEFT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,500;UNITS;AhExitLeft,"Five hundred UNITS ahead you'll be exiting left"
::MC,EXIT_LEFT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,200;UNITS;AhExitLeft,"Two hundred UNITS ahead youll be exiting left"
::MC,EXIT_LEFT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,MwExitLeft,"Take the exit on the left"

::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,3*2;UNITS;AhExitRight,"UNITS ahead you'll be exiting right"
::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,500;UNITS;AhExitRight,"Five hundred UNITS ahead you'll be exiting right"
::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,200;UNITS;AhExitRight,"Two hundred UNITS ahead you'll be exiting right"
::MC,EXIT_RIGHT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,MwExitRight,"Take the exit on the right"

::MC,U_TURN*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,After;3*2;UNITS;UTurn,"After UNITS make a U turn"
::MC,U_TURN*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,After;500;UNITS;UTurn,"After five hundred UNITS make a U turn"
::MC,U_TURN*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,After;200;UNITS;UTurn,"After two hundred UNITS make a U turn"
::MC,U_TURN*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,TryUTurn,"When possible make a Uturn as you are going in the wrong direction"

::MC,ROUND_ABOUT*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,RbCross;EXIT_NUMBER;After;3*2;UNITS,"Go around the roundabout and EXIT_NUMBER after UNITS"
::MC,ROUND_ABOUT*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,RbCross;EXIT_NUMBER;After;500;UNITS,"Go around the roundabout and EXIT_NUMBER after five hundred UNITS"
::MC,ROUND_ABOUT*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,RbCross;EXIT_NUMBER;After;200;UNITS,"Go around the roundabout and EXIT_NUMBER after two hundred UNITS"
::MC,ROUND_ABOUT*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,RbCross;EXIT_NUMBER,"Go around the roundabout and EXIT_NUMBER"

::MC,DESTINATION*FIRST_DISTANCE,0,0,After;3*2;UNITS;Arrive,"After UNITS you have arrived at your destination"
::MC,DESTINATION*SECOND_DISTANCE,0,0,After;500;UNITS;Arrive,"After five hundred UNITS you have arrived at your destination"
::MC,DESTINATION*THIRD_DISTANCE,0,0,After;200;UNITS;Arrive,"After two hundred UNITS you have arrived at your destination"
::MC,DESTINATION*FOURTH_DISTANCE,0,0,Arrive,"You have arrived at your destination"

//
// All the fields must be placed in one line. The fields will divided by commas.
//
// Fields description:
// 1) ::MW The multiple word command is a key word.
// 2) A command is being built from two parts (each part is a key word). The two
// parts will be divided by a ‘*’ sign. The first part will describe the command name
// RED_LIGHT_CAMERA for example) and the second part will describe the distance type
// DISTANCE_TYPE_800 for example).
// 4) For future use, (‘0’ will be entered).
// 5) to N) The words from which the sentence is built. Each word (or words) between two
// commas must refer to a wav files with the same name which exists in the same
// folder as the information file, (if a file or a command for that matter will not be
// The max value of ‘N’ will be ‘13’, (will allow a ten words sentence).
// N+1) The command textual description, (will be written between quotation marks -
// commas are possible).

::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,Speed,"Warning speed camera ahead"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,Speed;800;UNITS,"Warning speed camera ahead 800 UNITS"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,Speed;600;UNITS,"Warning speed camera ahead 600 UNITS"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,Speed;400;UNITS,"Warning speed camera ahead 400 UNITS"
::MW,POI_ALERT_1*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,Speed,100;UNITS"Warning speed camera ahead 100 UNITS"

::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_1000,0,0,Redlight,"Warning redlight camera ahead"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_800,0,0,Redlight;800;UNITS,"Warning redlight camera ahead 800 UNITS"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_600,0,0,Redlight;600;UNITS,"Warning redlight camera ahead 600 UNITS"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_400,0,0,Redlight;400;UNITS,"Warning redlight camera ahead 400 UNITS"
::MW,POI_ALERT_2*DISTANCE_TYPE_100,0,0,Redlight;100;UNITS,"Warning redlight camera ahead 100 UNITS"

//
//
// Fields description:
// 1) ::SW The single word is a key word.
// 2) The single word definition.
// 4) The relevant single word. The word must refer to a wav file with the same name which exists
// in the same folder as the information file, (if a file or a needed word for that matter will not be
// 5) The maneuver textual description, (will be written between quotation marks -
//

// Spacify:
// 1) First maneuver followed by second maneuver, (1).
// 2) Second maneuver followed by first maneuver, (2).
// No distance will be specified.
::SW,FOLLOWED_BY,0,0,(1);Then,"Then"

// Will be described by the letters combination 'UNITS'.
::SW,METERS,0,0,meters,"meters"
::SW,KILOMETERS,0,0,kmeters,"kilometers"
::SW,YARDS,0,0,yards,"yards"
::SW,MILES,0,0,miles,"miles"

// TTS FIRST_DISTANCE Translations.
::SW,THREE_KILOMETERS,0,0,,"three kilometers"
::SW,TWO_MILES,0,0,,"two miles"
::SW,TO,0,0,,"to"

// Will be described by the letters combination 'EXIT_NUMBER'.
::SW,FIRST,0,0,RbExit1,"Take the first exit"
::SW,SECOND,0,0,RbExit2,"Take the second exit"
::SW,THIRD,0,0,RbExit3,"Take the third exit"
::SW,FOURTH,0,0,Rbexit4,"Take the fourth exit"
::SW,FIFTH,0,0,RbExit5,"Take the fifth exit"
::SW,SIXTH,0,0,RbExit6,"Take the sixth exit"
::SW,SEVENTH,0,0,seventh;exit,"seventh exit"
::SW,EIGHTH,0,0,eighth;exit,"eighth exit"
::SW,NINTH,0,0,ninth;exit,"ninth exit"
::SW,TENTH,0,0,tenth;exit,"tenth exit"

::SW,TURN_LEFT,0,0,TurnLeft,"Turn left"
::SW,TURN_RIGHT,0,0,TurnRight,"Turn right"
::SW,KEEP_LEFT,0,0,KeepLeft,"Keep left"
::SW,KEEP_RIGHT,0,0,KeepRight,"Keep right"
::SW,EXIT_LEFT,0,0,MwExitLeft,"Exit to the left"
::SW,EXIT_RIGHT,0,0,MwExitRight,"Exit to the right"
::SW,U_TURN,0,0,TryUTurn,"When possible make a Uturn as you are going in the wrong direction"
::SW,ROUND_ABOUT,0,0,RbCross,"Go around the Round About and"

::SW,YOU_ARE_OVER_THE_SPEED_LIMIT,0,0,yaotsl,"You are over the speed limit"
::SW,ROUTE_RECALCULATION,0,0,yhltcr,"Route recalculation"
::SW,GPS_SIGNAL_TOO_LOW,0,0,signallow,"GPS signal too low"
::SW,GPS_NOT_FOUND,0,0,gpsnotfound,"No connection to GPS receiver"
::SW,START_NAVIGATION,0,0,Depart,"Depart"
::SW,REACHED_DESTINATION,0,0,Arrive,"You have arrived at your destination"
::SW,TMC_MESSAGE_RECIEVED,0,0,132,"TMC Alert"
::SW,FAVORITES_ALERT,0,0,Speed,"Warning Speed Camera ahead"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: ONLY COPY WHAT IS BETWEEN THE LINES, DO NOT COPY THE LINES.

With the new text pasted in, save the file.

Now copy the entire contents of your folder on the desktop and paste into every tomtom
voice pack which you have converted (into the "All" subfolder with the spx/WAV files).
ONLY COPY AND PASTE THE CONTENTS, NOT THE FOLDER ITSELF, YOU DO NOT WANT
TO CREATE A SUBFOLDER WITHIN THE "ALL" FOLDER.

Now you should have numerous "All" folders with spx or wav files in and a revised
"DestinatorVoiceManeuvers.inf"

These voice packs are ready to replace your Original.
PLEASE BE SURE TO HAVE MADE A COPY OF THE ORIGINAL "ALL" FILE BEFORE REPLACING

Navigate Destinator on your mobile device:

Resident Flash/DestinatorApps/Destinator/Common/Interface/Voice

Delete the "All" folder. Drag/copy over the "All" folder that contains the voice you want.
Any time you want to change your voice, just delete again and copy over another one.

There are certain commands that will remain in the original voice as tomtom files do not
have an equivelent. These are such as:

"You are over the speed limit"
"Route Recalulation"
"Two Miles/Three Kilometers"
"Signal too low"

Some of these can be disabled within destinator program menu. Others, such as "two miles"
- if you don't want to hear this, change the DestinatorVoiceManeuver file by deleting the
First distance line within Maneuver commands. You could also try and create a similar
voice command by editing some of the voice packs with wavepad (eg. you could get a two
out of the 200.ogg file, convert and name the file 2.spx and copy into "All" file to
replace the original.spx).

You may also notice this on roundabouts with seven or more exits. "seventh exit" after go
around the roundabout is the original voice. tomtom must not recognise roundabouts with
more than six exits as they have no voice file for "take seventh exit" etc. Then again.
I don't recall coming accross any myself so don't think you'll be hearing it that often

I kept these voice commands in as some people may still want to utilise them. Like I said,
they can be diasabled one way or another or changed if you do not want the different voice.
On the whole, you will have a complete voice theme that can be changed easily.

Some Tomtom packs come with Camera alerts and others don't. My alerts are named "Speed"
in replace of the 141 and Redlight in replace of the 142. You will need to change your
voice alerts to these names or alter the inf file. I can only get the one alert to sound
on GNAV10 but believe that those with other versions of destinator (not on GNAV10) will
get two the two seperate warnings,(Speed for Auto alert1 and Redlight for Auto alert2).

NOTE: THOSE NOT RUNNING DESTINATOR OP ON GNAV10, LOOK AT YOUR ORIGINAL .INF FILE. IF IT
DOES NOT HAVE THE FOLLOWING LINE AS THE LAST COMMAND ON THE LIST YOU MAY NEED TO DELETE
THIS LINE IN ORDER TO WORK ALERTS PROPERLY:

::SW,FAVORITES_ALERT,0,0,Speed,"Warning Speed Camera ahead"

THOSE WITH GNAV10 YOU NEED THIS COMMAND OR YOUR ALERT WILL BE SILENT.THE POI DISTANCE
ALERTS WILL NOT SOUND HOW MANY YARDS YOU ARE AWAY FROM THE CAMERA (I DON'T KNOW WHY?)

If anyone knows how to get both alerts to sound in conjunction with Auto alerts 1 and 2
for GNAV10 please let me know.

Well apologies if that was long winded, think I was waffling a bit. I think I covered
everything. If any trouble with software links, PM me your email and I will forward
programs on. If anyone finds a glitch with the inf file, please let me know.

Enjoy :D :D :D

Pete
guimenez
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want to give you the congratulations.

lots of people are seeing this forum and nobody gives you the congratulation.

i've follow all yours instruction and now i have destinator with tomtom portuguese voices.

thanks

keep going
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou, your welcome. Might as well share what you know. :D
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oopps. Just noticed a slight mistake with those instructions. For those of you that don't keep all the ogg files and convert the lot, I missed one out that you must keep. It is the "Arrive" file, without it you won't get the arrival at destination prompts.

Sorry about that. If any of the mods could edit the post and put that arrive in, thanks.

Pete
Destinator OP v 5.1.174
timanfiya
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, just another quick adjustment to these instructions for GNAV10 users.

You do not need to convert to spx. As long as you have enough memory, you can use wav files. If howver you place a wav file in there with the same name as an spx file, it will be the spx file that activates. I would suggest to convcert the existing spx files that you are going to use into wav to have one standard format without confusion.

As it has no been figured out how to use the seperate voice alerts there is one other adjustment to the above instructions:

The 141 file I asked you to rename speed. Still do this as I do not know if it will effect your alerts set up if this file cannont be activated. Alternatively change the DestinatorVoiceManeuver.inf to replace the "speed" on the last line back to 141.

Pete
Destinator OP v 5.1.174

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: