Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - hi all please help a beginner
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

hi all please help a beginner
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kkk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Richard ill have a go at that but i have decided to go on a friends PC and download the S C Database. i know it's something to do with my PC and NOT Pocketgpsworld programe.Thanks again ill let you know how i do .....Cheers
bluu_uk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: DB on TomTom Go 720 Reply with quote

Hi

Does anyone know if the Speed Camera DB works on the Tom Tom 720?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are meaning the Speed Camera database from this site working on the 720 then yes it works very well, for some instructions on installation please hae a read of the guide detailing the setup for a 910 device as this covers the Text To Speech system that is also employed on the 720, or you can use ogg files for spoken alerts as well as the simple beeps and bells, the choice is yours - Mike
oli82uk222
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Myguide 3100 help database install Reply with quote

Hi all,

Need some help please, bought this myguide 3100 from ebuyer the other day, followed all the instructions onsite, moved all the .txt files into the speed camera database and reset. Then tried to go to the general settings section and under alerts was expecting to see a turn speed cameras on or something similar, but nothing showed up. I have tried a few times now clearing the whole speed camera folder and starting from scratch but to no avail.

The only promising sign I get is once the text files are in and the system reset, in the folder a database file is created.

Any suggestions would be very welcome,

Thanks,

Oliver
ezduzit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've just downloaded the speed camera database for my tom tom one xl. However when i go to extract the files into the map folder I get an error message saying "not enough storage is available to complete this operation" however the SD card is an updated 2gb from my old camera??? Sat nav itself still works fine though.

Ive done a few searched to try and find if anybody has had the same problem, but couldn't find anything - I'm not very good at the whole internet forum searching!

Any help will greatly appreciated.

Cheers in advance
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, can you check with Windows Explorer exactly how much space it thinks you've got? (Right click on the drive, select Properties).

Secondly, I normally extract the files from the zip archive onto my PC first, and then copy them onto the TomTom. Maybe that makes a difference?
ezduzit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my laptop was just having a windows vista moment!!!

Just done a reboot of device and laptop and all is now fine.

Don't you just love technology!

Thanks for the prompt reply any way.
Buffdaddy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Myguide 3100 help database install Reply with quote

oli82uk222 wrote:
Hi all,

Need some help please, bought this myguide 3100 from ebuyer the other day, followed all the instructions onsite, moved all the .txt files into the speed camera database and reset. Then tried to go to the general settings section and under alerts was expecting to see a turn speed cameras on or something similar, but nothing showed up. I have tried a few times now clearing the whole speed camera folder and starting from scratch but to no avail.

The only promising sign I get is once the text files are in and the system reset, in the folder a database file is created.

Any suggestions would be very welcome,

Thanks,

oli82uk222........ I can be of some help here. For the speedcams to work. You will need to copy only the speedcam text files into your device and also the bmp files. For example if you download the Pocketgps_uk_gatso.txt file, you will also need to download the Pocketgps_uk_gatso.bmp file and so on and so forth. You will then need to go into settings and enable speedcams. Here it also gives you the option of selecting warning when approaching.

Once this is done, press the little button at the back of your device which is the reset button. Go for a drive and when you approach a camera , you should get a camera icon and if yours is set anything like mine, you will get a warning even if you do 10mph in a 50mph zone.
marktb1961
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Warnings too late Reply with quote

I downloaded the full set of uk camera categories to my HP IPAQ HW6915, using TT6.

I experience a consistent problem whereby my camera warnings get triggered after I've past the camera. Even though I have set the warning to trigger 300 - 700 metres ahead!

Previously, using another set of camera definitions (albeit out of date) I was getting the warnings on time.

Anyone else dealt with this problem before or got some ideas?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, Start TomTom and go to Change Preferences/ Enable_Disable POIs, go through the list and disable (uncheck the box) for every POI listed.
Use Change Preferences/ Manage POI/ Warn When Near POI to alert you to the presence of a camera, having POIs enabled tends to slow the device down, put too many on and it will crawl along which is possibly what you are seeing.
Welcome to the forum by the way - Mike
Martyng2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:25 pm    Post subject: Where are the cameras? Reply with quote

I have a Kenwood DNX7200 with Garmin satnav. I have successfully loaded the various camera databases, only to find that the unit now warns me of cameras that simply do not and have never existed!

If I view the PocketGPSWorld map showing the cameras, there are some shown on the roads near where I live which I know have never been there. What I can't find is a key to the various symbols on the map, e.g. what's the difference between a "50" with a red circle around it and a camera with a little "70" next to it? On my roads, there is actually a camera for the former - has been for years - but there isn't for the latter and never has been. Is this to do with people submitting camera warning signs in error? How do I filter out the erroneous warnings?

TIA.

Martyn
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you find errors with the database please submit them via the download page (there is a map for this very purpose lower down the page).

The icons will depict the type of camera Specs are Yellow, Gatso (and other fixed cameras) look like a speed limit sign, the mobiles are depicted by a tripod mounted camera plus speed limit etc - it could be you are being alerted to a mobile camera that you have not seen, or you know to be a location that is never used.

The key to the success of the database is members submitting data, be it new locations, amendments or deletions, each change is checked via various processes including independent verification where required.

Don't forget if you are the first to notify the site of an alteration that is subsequently verified and becomes part of the main database you will qualify for a free life time membership so its worth taking the time to update the data in your local are if you know it is wrong - Mike
Martyng2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike, thanks for that, very useful. All of the cameras (around a dozen of them within a 1 mile radius of my home) are mobile ones per the map. I've never seen them, but I guess someone has. The easiest thing I think is for me to download all the camera databases except mobile - I'll give that a go.

Not sure if you want/need me to report mobiles no longer being there, as due to their very nature they could return...?

Thanks again.

Martyn
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the problem with mobile locations, they could be used operationally while you are at work etc. If however you are sure they are incorrect please submit them as corrections for removal - Mike
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than un-install the Mobiles, why not leave them on your unit but disable them, or even better have them still showing on the map but not set to alert you, if that is the annoying thing.
(Assuming the above is possible on your model)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: