Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PCI Recovery Card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PCI Recovery Card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:07 pm    Post subject: PCI Recovery Card Reply with quote

RecoverPC a piece of hardware that can fix any software issue instantly and can reduce your IT cost by up to 85%.

RecoverPC fixes any software issue that might suddenly occur and it doesn't care what the problem was, it just fixes it. Recovery is instantaneous and it's revolutionary technology not only maintains Windows and application stability, but also provides total tamper proofing to your PC system data.

Most technical support analysts would agree that the vast majority of technical support issues with any desktop PC are rooted in software. RecoverPC reduces time-to-resolution for Windows and application problems to zero. It doesn't even care what the problem was, it just fixes it. Recovery is instant.

From large corporate to home user, having the power to turn back the clock on any sudden software issue removes much of the hassle of technical support costs and lost productivity.

RecoverPC is the revolution that has changed the face of technical support. If your company, or your customers provide techical support to end users, RecoverPC will slash their cost-base significantly. Imagine being able to take on vast numbers of new support contracts without having to hire more engineers. Imagine rolling out your standardised stable build image that remains absolutely tamper-proof, and that you can recover that exact build in an instant should any kind of unwanted deviation occur. It's the nearest thing to a PC that can fix itself!

See here
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me cynical, but a link which simply points to a place where you can buy the product, makes me suspicious of the posters intentions. Even more so when it simply repeats the sales blurb!

The manufacturers site is www.recoverpc.com.

I have to admit, that my first impressions (certainly for home use) were that it is unecessary if you are prepared to keep images of the hard drive, to recover back if things go wrong. The extra convenience seems to me to come at a high additional cost.
xda
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

neil01 wrote:
Call me cynical, but a link which simply points to a place where you can buy the product, makes me suspicious of the posters intentions. Even more so when it simply repeats the sales blurb!

The manufacturers site is www.recoverpc.com.

I have to admit, that my first impressions (certainly for home use) were that it is unecessary if you are prepared to keep images of the hard drive, to recover back if things go wrong. The extra convenience seems to me to come at a high additional cost.

For a start you can't puchase it from the manufacturers site, and I have no links other than the fact I bought the card.
Try recovering from a Windows BSOD and see how far you get.
Map: Europe V910.4892
Map: Europe_Truck V870.3421, Kingston 8GB SD
Nokia 925 Windows 8
neil01
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I said before, my first impressions were that it was unecessary if you are prepared to keep images of the hard drive, to recover back if things go wrong, and that the extra convenience seems to me to come at a high cost.

I could have said that only a fool doesn't keep backups, so you should really have a backup - the fact that the PC has a BSOD is therefore neither here nor there - you just recover from the backup at fraction of the cost of a hardware solution.

As you can read, I was quite careful to distinguish between home and business use, where the cost of the support (and the paperwork to go with it) can change the economics quite coniserably in the favour of an automated solution.

I would say that a recovery costs me about 5-10 minutes of my time (for which I don't make a charge), call me paranoid, but when I do get a BSOD it is usually because someone has managed to do (as in load) something they shouldn't have - a situation where I don't want an automatic fix - I want to go back to a known position where I am confident that ALL traces of any Unauthorised software are removed, not just to get it working agan.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: