Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Falk Navigator 2 maps?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Falk Navigator 2 maps?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ardnoran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Falk Navigator 2 maps? Reply with quote

Falk Navigator 2

Does anyone know if it is possible to update my Typhoon My Guide3500 Pocket PC currently using Falk Navigator 2004 maps with the new Falk Navigator 2 maps?

Thanks for any help.
etters
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There
What I sugest you do is to go to the web site of travelandmobile.co.uk and have a look through that it will tell you what to do also there is an update to navigator 2 after you have down loaded it you will be able to use all the maps, hope this helps you
regards
Ardnoran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: My Thanks Reply with quote

etters wrote:
Hi There
What I sugest you do is to go to the web site of travelandmobile.co.uk and have a look through that it will tell you what to do also there is an update to navigator 2 after you have down loaded it you will be able to use all the maps, hope this helps you
regards

Many thanks for the information Yakumo. I have sent an email to Travelandmobile so hopefully they may be able to help........Norman
Ardnoran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried to email Falk "travel and mobile" at the UK address and also the Falk Navigator shop in Germany but all correspondance is returned. At €1.85 per minute for the support line I do not intend to phone them.
I wonder if they are still in business or perhaps they have changed hands. Time will tell. ..............Norman
etters
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi There
Try the site www.mapandguide.info might be better
regards
Ardnoran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again my thanks for your assistance. I have just now written to Map and Guide support so hopefully I may get a result this time.
..................Norman
etters
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Norman
You are very welcome, if you have any more problems come back to me and I will try and find out some more info for you, but keep on trying Map and Guide I am sure they can help
Regards
Ardnoran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have now discovered that with the exception of Germany and Central Europe all other maps are compatible with Falk 2004 software.
Have placed an order for the South Africa map on the Falk.de/navigator site. Strangely enough they did not ask for my Credit Card details!
Stranger and stranger.
etters
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
Well I'm glad you got some joy at long last, and it's very interesting about the south African maps, I wonder how they are going to bill you then.
Still worry about that when the time comes I suppose.
all the best
Ardnoran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have finally received a reply from Travel and Mobile who accepted an order by email. The South Africa CD arrived yesterday and is already loaded into the PDA.
I head off to South Africa shortly. Am still not sure just what the earlier problems were all about but at least the situation has now improved. Incidently the Navigator 2 maps will also work with Navigator 2004.
My thanks for all of the assistance from the South of France.
Ardnoran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now back from South Africa after a very successful trip. The Typhoon My Guide 3500 2004 worked perfectly even with the jolting on the dirt roads.

Have now upgraded the software to Falk Navigator 2.5 from the Map and Guide web site. Very much improved.

I see that new European and UK and Ireland maps will be available within a few weeks so looking forward to seeing how much better the coverage is for Northern Ireland and the Republic. Will probably buy them anyway as I use the GPS fairly frequently.

Have had no luck so far in finding out how to load any possible Speed Camera software and POI's to my Falk Navigator software. Any help there would be greatly appreciated. It is possible to load the German/Dutch/Austrian/Swiss Speed Camera data but have drawn a blank for the UK. Thanks for all the help to date.
etters
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ardnoran
Glad your trip to South Africa went well and welcome back home,
The new maps are now available from Mapandguide, and you can order them on their site.
As far as the speed cameras are concered I cannot help as I am still trying to work out how to get the ones for France but have had no success, perhaps you can help me here, and give me some advice.
All the best
Geoff
Ardnoran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Etters,
Thanks for the prompt reply. I know of two sites for European speed camera data neither of which include information for France. One has pay software and the other is free. Try the free one............

http://www.radarfalle.de/software/falk.php or this pay one............

http://www.speedcameradatabase.com/

Google can provide a translation if required.

Is it possible that France is not included because it may not be legal to use such information on a GPS in France? Sorry that I cannot be of more help but will keep my eyes open for you when I am looking for local data for my Typhoon.

See there is a discount for the updated maps if one has the Falk Navigator registered with Map & Guide. Have registered twice but have heard nothing so far. Hey ho looks as if I have been here before. Time they got their act together!

Best wishes.........Norman
Ardnoran
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correction Etters, on further inverstgation they appear to be one and the same site. My apologies for that. ............Norman
etters
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Norman
Thanks for that, and by the way once you have registered with mapand guide you can then get the map updates, they seem to be quite good and include major roads of 11 countrys, I have tried both those sites you recomend but as you say they don't do France, however gpassion do so will go there and try as it is ok to use the info in France,many thanks once again and will let you know how I get on
regards Geoff

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: