Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - adding poi in gps box tomtom 6 on win ce net 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

adding poi in gps box tomtom 6 on win ce net 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: adding poi in gps box tomtom 6 on win ce net 5 Reply with quote

hi read stickys but still not sure...got gps box that connects to my dvd incar player.....and im trying to add some pois/cameras.....there are a few pois already on....but when i look into say western europe folder(where the pois go) i have the following files cline,cname,cnode,cphoneme,faces,mapinfo,poi,timecodes,traffic,western europe,these are single files and not folders you can open....ive noticed that the downloadable camera files have two file extensions ,ov2 and something else,so where are the existing pois alreaday in my setup as these are only single files,and where do the new camera files go cheers Embarassed
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All POI files need to be placed into the map folder they are intended to be used with, they will comprise of two files ov2 which contains the database of locations and a coresponding bmp file which is the icon.

The built in POI files reside within the POI.dat file which is a special format, best left alone, for any custom POI files just download them, unzip and put them in the map folder, for cameras you will then need to go to Change Preferences/Manage POI/ Warn when near POI and configure each category - Mike
iwol
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you just the answer i asked for cheers

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: