Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - newbi needs help picking a gps
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

newbi needs help picking a gps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
equium
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: newbi needs help picking a gps Reply with quote

hi everyone, i'm glad i found your forum. i need help deciding which garmin gps to get. all the info i have been reading has gotten a little overwhealming. here are the basic features i want: turn by turn instructions while driving; full usa basemap; and amber backlighting. thats it. i think that the amber backlighting is standard on the garmin gps-v and the streetpilot III but i'm not sure. (those are the 2 i'm leaning towards) thank you in advance for any help.

--danny

Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: newbi needs help picking a gps Reply with quote

I would go for the Street Pilot III unless you want to have a Pocket PC and a standalone GPS Receiver coupled together.
equium
Occasional Visitor

wow, what a fast reply! thanks dave. i was hoping to keep my budget to $500 or less. can you recommend any vendors. i checked the gps warehouse (one of your sponsers) but all the prices were, were, not US dollars Smile

thanks again,

danny
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Danny, in that case I think the SPIII will be way out of your budget at $899 including the $100 mail in rebate.

The GPSV comes in at $425 with $75 rebate, but it's not colour and doesn't come with Voice Navigation.

GPSW will mail ot the US, but you'll probably find it cheaper buying form the US. Try Adventure GPS.
equium
Occasional Visitor

yeah, i think the gps-V is the way to go for me. i don't mind not having voice navigation but the beeps will do just fine. thanks again for the great info and quick response. i will bookmark this forum for the future.

--danny
kevin76bt
Occasional Visitor

I got my Garmin GPS V Deluxe from here for $399 plus the $75 mail-in-rebate.

http://www.global-positioning-system.com/Garmin_GPSV.htm
equium
Occasional Visitor

thanks kevin, i now have that bookmarked. now to get the wife's permission......

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: