Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Saving Mapsource route to device
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Saving Mapsource route to device

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tommcbride
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Saving Mapsource route to device Reply with quote

Hi gang!

I have an issue that you smart ones out there undobutedly have any answer for...at least I hope.

When I create map routes on my computer and then save to device (16mb card) the route does not save to the card, I have to create new routes within the GPS for them to give me turn by turn directions.

Is there somthing I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for all input

Regards,

Tom McBride
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Saving Mapsource route to device Reply with quote

Tom,

What Garmin unit do you have and what software are you using? Also, what version of Mapsource?

Starting at the most obvious, do you have the 'Routes' box checked when you select 'Save to device'?

tommcbride
Occasional Visitor

Hi Tim!

Yes I do have the "routes" box checked.

I recieved a very prompt e-mail response from Garmin stating that the routes will not be saved to the card only map detail, the way to save the routes to the GPS is to connect the GPS to the computer via the serial/USB connector and then I could save the routes. Sounds reasonable to me...I'll give it a try.

Does it sound like the way to do it to you?

OH, I have the Street Pilot I and the latest 2.08 version and I'm using the Metroguide U.S.A.

Thanks for your help Tim!   
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Yes, that is the way it is done with my GPS 3+ (where everything is saved to the unit).

sui
Occasional Visitor

Garmin units store the routes, waypoints and tracks on an internal memory space and not on memory card. Only map files can be saved to the memory card.

You should connect your GPS directly to a serial port of your PC, and upload these types of data.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: