Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Anquet - Live Track with Tom Tom Bluetooth GPS setup problem
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Anquet - Live Track with Tom Tom Bluetooth GPS setup problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul1ft
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Anquet - Live Track with Tom Tom Bluetooth GPS setup problem Reply with quote

I have a HP1940 and have used it for a few months with the Tom Tom 3 navigation software using the Tom Tom Bluetooth GPS unit. I have recently bought some Anquet 1:50000 maps and am unable to use the "Live Track" functionality. The software seems to stop whilst showing the message "Communicating with GPS".

I would be very grateful for any advice on setting up my PPC to use this live tracking functionality with these Anquet Maps.

yours

Paul
barryd
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Paul
This may well be down to the TomTom GPS software. The problem - and ways to fix it - are covered regularly in the TomTom Navigator forum. One recent thread about it is here:
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=14974
I had the same problem until I followed that advice to uninstall TomTom~GPS once only, and now have several GPS apps all happily working (one at a time, of course).
Paul1ft
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: TT3 with Anquet - please help Reply with quote

Hi,
Firstly I installed v3.07 of the TT3 GPS software, but this made no difference, so I tried to install the PHM Registry Editor in order to alter the dll settings. However I am unable to install the PHM Registry Editor on my PPC.

Has anyone else experienced problems installing PHM Registry Editor ?

I am running a HP 1940 with Pocket PC 2003 pro and active sync version 3.7.1. and really really need some clear concise instructions to follow to get my TT GPS working with both my TT Navigator software and my Anquet maps. Or should I just take it all back to the shop ?

Please help !

Paul
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try completely uninstalling TomTom ~ GPS and then install GPS driver 2.07 which can be found in the downloads section under
'TomTom GPS Software updates'
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
RoyC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ref BARRYD comment about using several GPS apps , but only one at a time.

This is just to say that if anyone isn't aware there is an app called GPSGATE which allows you to create several 'virtual' GPS sources from a single GPS signal. The consequence is that I regularly have TomTom running AND Anquet showing a OS position on a real map, and , on one occasion, just for testing, also having Pocket S&T showing a map too - all live but of course only one at a time ON SCEEN. I allocate each to a button and simply switch from one to the other using the buttons.

Roy
Paul1ft
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice, however the problem still seems to be TTN3 hogging the Com port, and that I can not find a suitable registry editor to manually alter the DLL settings. Can anyone suggest a suitable registry editor for my HP 1940 ?

Paul
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As said previously...

Try completely uninstalling TomTom ~ GPS and then install GPS driver 2.07 which can be found in the downloads section under
'TomTom GPS Software updates'
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's often easier than that.

Usually turning off Bluetooth, a soft reset, then Start Menu, Settings, System tab, Remove Programs, tap on TomTom ~ GPS and tap Remove, then, if prompted, press OK for a soft reset is all that's needed. On machines where TomTom GPS has hooked into the Bluetooth stack, that should remove the modifications.

I suggest you test things then - if you're happy with the result, don't change anything else.

If you want to continue to install an older version of TomTom GPS, such as 2.07, repeat those instructions until TomTom ~ GPS is no longer see in Remove Programs - then install whatever version of TomTom GPS you choose.

David
Paul1ft
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all,
I have now got it working. The steps which were needed were:
1 - Remove Tom Tom ~ GPS
2 - Install version 3.03 of Tom Tom ~ GPS
3 - Install PHM Registry Editor
4 - Alter the com port DLL setting
5 - Soft reset.

As for BARRYD's point I believe that both the Tom Tom and the Anquet software are running simultaneously without "GPSGATE".

Thanks again for everyones advice.

yours

Paul

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Anquet All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: