Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Does TomTom work when you're not "going" anywhere?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Does TomTom work when you're not "going" anywhere?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noiz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Does TomTom work when you're not "going" anywhere? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm thinking of switching from my current Origin b2 to using the Pocket GPS, and while I know there's not as much coverage this way I don't mind helping the community and sending new cameras in. Smile

But this leads me to my question. Say I was going somewhere that I knew the route to so didn't bother entering a destination into TomTom, would it still work so far as warning about cameras and what not?

Thanks for any help.
drummer
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, TT will work without a route. Also, if you do have a route set and you want to turn guidance off, you can just select "Turn guidance off" from the menus.
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Does TomTom work when you're not "going" anywh Reply with quote

Noiz wrote:
But this leads me to my question. Say I was going somewhere that I knew the route to so didn't bother entering a destination into TomTom, would it still work so far as warning about cameras and what not?
You can set TomTom to not provide guidance, ie simply display your position on the map. I guess you could just turn the sound off if you still want confirmation you're going the best route though.
Also, with CheckPOInt, even if the sound is turned off within TomTom CheckPOInt still sounds the warnings (first I thought this was a bit silly, but then I went passed a camera with TomTom on silent, and realised it was probably quite useful) Smile
Noiz
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oustanding, might give it a trial run around my way tonight then. Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Database All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: