Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CoPilot Map Errors
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CoPilot Map Errors
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A4 at Tilehurst near Reading. As you approach towards Reading from the M4 Theale/Calcot junction CP5 tells you, if you are going to Tilehurst, to bear left on Bath Road and then turn left into Langley Hill. In fact it is a left turn at a junction onto the "Old Bath Road" as its now called and bear round left onto Langley Hill. If I hadn't known that part of town I would have carried on the A4 Bath Road and had a major diversion. I assume turning around would have presented me with the reverse "bear right on Bath....". The map was accurate but as I had navigated the whole journey by vice in unfamilar areas succesfully I had no reason to check it for this "turn".

This is down to instruction script as opposed to map error? Something ALK should sort out?
topgazza
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"vice in unfamilar areas" who am I Hugh Grant?
KenS
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: A245 from Six Crossroads Roundabout, Woking, Surrey Reply with quote

I guess this is a mapping error. Both on the Pocket PC and desktop any route that includes the A245 via the Six Crossroads roundabout will not take the A245 exit and instead calculates a route via minor roads. e.g. from A320 north-east to A245.
Looks like the software thinks there is no exit onto the A245 but is fine with the return journey. I'm guessing this is a mapping error.
keeps54
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: M62 to M606 in Bradford Reply with quote

Coming from the M62 (from M1) onto the M606, CoPilot calls the M606 the A6177 instead. The current road is listed as M606 though.

I've also noticed a bug sometimes in joining motorways which I've not noticed mentioned anywhere else on these forums. CoPilot instructs you to join the slip road from the roundabout and just before you get onto the motorway itself from the slip road CoPilot then instructs you to take the next exit/direction change "just ahead". On the display that exit or direction change is displayed as 12.3 miles ahead (or whatever distance it is). As you complete those miles you don't get the countdown to that change as CoPilot has already issued it's "just ahead" warning.
I've found that by asking for a detour and then cancelling it gets it back in sync with the road again but that's a pain.
NigelL
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed this oddity. Travelling to Christie Drive, I was instructed by CoPilot to turn right, where infact, there is no right turn as there is an island (shown I think by the map). You have to turn left here and follow the road around and under.

Note TomTom gets this turn correct but doesn't have Christie Drive - Maybe you can't have it all Wink

drjsd
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prospect Hill in Swindon is one way - CoPilot 5 keeps trying to send me against traffic!
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Historic Courthouse Marshall, TX Reply with quote

Desktop application shows oval of one-way streets (Houston) going around center square, and a white "unnamed" stretch of road connecting said oval N to S. The street connected by the white stretch of road is Washington Avenue.

PocketPC application routes you straight from N Washington to S Washington using aforementioned white, "unnamed" road, using it as a connector between N and S Washington; instead of using the oval of one-way streets.

Minor problem: a series of historic courthouses have occupied the site since only about the 1840s. The current building has been there since 1901.

This is what you're running into (literally), if you were to follow CoPilot's recommendation:

The "United States Courthouse" pictured in the map above is a different building, as is the County Courthouse which isn't listed at all.
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 5:57 pm    Post subject: Longview, Texas, Gregg County Reply with quote

No addresses exist at all at West Loop 281 above 271 in Longview, Texas. 8O
There's a Best Buy, Books-A-Million, GAP (all 422 W Loop 281), Starbucks (407 W Loop 281), Tuesday Morning (305 W Loop 281), Home Depot (411 E Loop 281), Circuit City (406 W Loop 281), and a metric shitload of other stores; most of which have been there for a while when I moved into the area in August 2002. Not only aren't they listed as POIs, but you can't even route to those addresses.

See area highlighted by the rectangle below:

and compare with the real world:

http://tinyurl.com/5samq

Mind you, this area is missing from Ostia 7, CoPilot Live 5, Pocketmap Navigator (newest version as well), so the problem isn't confined to just ALK's application.
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:58 am    Post subject: Main Street Mislabeled! Reply with quote

This entire stretch of street highlighted in green is mislabeled as WEST Grand Avenue, when it should be EAST Grand Avenue; both in the desktop application and the PPC map Evil or Very Mad

Marshall, TX. Coordinates of mouse pointer at the bottom of the picture.
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS: Consequently, addresses on EAST Grand Avenue will not be found. But that's OK, it's only our main business street Rolling Eyes
Kar98
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, and this really toasts my twinkie:

Addresses at US Highway 59 S (indicating it's SOUTH of where EAST Grand Avenue --mislabeled as WEST Grand Avenue-- intersects US-59) are unroutable as well. Try routing to the red star http://tinyurl.com/4gjpr in either the desktop application or the PPC.

This actually means that between all three of my posts above (center square, East-West main run, North-South main drag) most of this city of 25,000 is unroutable.

Back to the drawing board! I'll give Spacemachine another try.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: