Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Today plug in recommendations
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Today plug in recommendations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
semrots
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Today plug in recommendations Reply with quote

As the title says...I'm looking for a Today plug in for a 2210 - any recommendations please?

Rod
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used this one

http://www.louterrailloune.com/index.php?page=todaysinfo

for a while. Now I have a 6315 and don't need it any more. 8)

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using Spb Pocket Plus as a 'launcher', PItoday to display tasks and appointments, and Spb GPRS Monitor to keep an eye on my GPRS usage.

If you say what you're after, and whether commercial or freeware (all my choices are commercial), we may be able to give you a few more pointers.

David
semrots
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Lutz and David. Ideally what I would like is something that would allow me to 'customise' the Today screen, as in add and/or remove programs, so if there's something I want to launch its right there on the today screen, and I don't have to go into programs etc. I don't think that's possible to do without a plug in? I know I can customise the the buttons, but they are already launching Tom Tom and POI Warner.....!!

As for freeware or commercial I'll consider either if it does what I want - provided the cost isn't extortionate! I beleive that program writers should get something for their efforts!

Rod
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, I would take a look at Spb Pocket Plus.

It's only US$14.95 - and even though Handango will, as they're supposed to, charge you UK VAT on that, the US dollar is very weak at the moment, so it will cost you less than a tenner to register. There's a trial period before you have to buy a registration code.

I like all the features of Pocket Plus, and use them all. Pocket Plus has a particularly nice way of arranging icons on the Today screen - you can drag and drop them, have icons that are double sized, and when you've got a layout you like, you can lock the panels from drag and drop (tap and hold for the menu) and save the settings so that you can return to that layout in the future.

By the way, I recommend not bothering with storage card monitors in the Today Screen - I find they slow the machine down considerably.

David
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing - I would buy from handango.com rather than handango.co.uk - though the latter price in GBP, I find it's a better deal buying directly from handango.com.

I'd register with handango.com as well so that you can collect points and get their special offers. At the moment, registered users are being offered a free application each week - one offer was the excellent WebIS Mail 2 for nothing! I'd held off buying that because of the flaws in previous versions, but the latest 2.1 beta is pretty good and I was delighted to get it for nothing. I already use and love WebIS' Pocket Informant.

The giveaway offer is still on, though the free application now has moved on to the next week's offer - CodeWallet Pro Desktop Companion (which lacks the Pocket PC component, it seems). Register, view your GoPass, click on Free App Giveaway, and scroll to the bottom of the screen. I use Ilium's eWallet Pro rather than CodeWallet Pro.

David
icsys
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is possible to obtain the software for free...

If you have any iPAQ Points (given free with a new iPAQ purchase) you can get SPB Pocket Plus (v2.2) from the iPAQ Choice webstore for 3 points.
See here for details

You will need to register and enter your voucher number to redeem your points
TomTom GO
Anquet OS mapping
semrots
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all. I don't recall any Ipaq points sadly.

Anyway I've got Spb Pocketplus installed and paid for via Handango as per your guidance David.

Exactly what I wanted thanks a lot (as always!!)

Rod

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> PDA/Smartphone Discussion All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: